Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2022, 12:03 PM

10,840 posts, read 4,521,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Yet Ukraine is caving on things like Crimea. Dont believe everything you hear on us prop media. Besides the west is largely supporting Ukraine for their own interests obviously.

and who told you that? I just listened to him speak to UK parl. not one word of 'cave on crimea'

Old 03-08-2022, 12:05 PM

3,256 posts, read 1,412,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Here’s a good thread that goes against that msm narrative:

https://twitter.com/clintehrlich/sta...659696640?s=21
Interesting….I think the idea that an Authoritarian regime’s ability to manipulate its population’s perspective by using propaganda, controlling the media, and just out right lying, combined with the West squeezing the heck out of its economy could certainly create animosity towards the West. I’d be interested though, assuming you believe the Russian invasion is “inappropriate”, what action would you suggest be taken? Pretty much anything we do is going to potentially antagonize the Russians; would that only leave capitulation as an option? Does that not lead to other potential issues….encouraging further incursions by Russia, maybe China, Iran, etc? Kind of a between a rock and a hard place maybe?

Old 03-08-2022, 12:05 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,726,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Putin victory in Ukraine ‘no longer inevitable’ head of Britain’s Armed Forces says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2029956.html

Russia’s lead forces are being “decimated” and it is no longer inevitable they will win in Ukraine, the head of Britain’s Armed Forces has said.

Chief of the Defence Staff Admiral Sir Tony Radakin said the invasion in Ukraine “is not going well” for the Kremlin, with Russia’s military might not proving as strong as expected in the face of the Ukrainian resistance.
There have been several voices predicting that the Ukraine can actually win the military war since this campaign began. This is what military strategist all over the world are paying attention to right now....Tanks versus Javelins. That's exactly what is happening in Ukraine. Russia has heavy armored tanks, Ukraine has javelins and stingers. Tanks are expensive and bulky and can get bogged down in bottle necked roads. Javelins and stingers are far less expensive, easier to replace and are not subject to bottle necks. So if one one army has more hand held weapons against an army that has more tanks...who wins?

https://mwi.usma.edu/on-killing-tanks/

Quote:
Ever since modern tanks’ first appearance on the twentieth-century battlefield, infantry forces and their armored counterparts have been engaged in a sustained arms race with one another. Improvements in antitank weapons led to armor better able to withstand them and vice versa, with pendulum swings marking the temporary advantage of one or the other. In recent years, the balance rested firmly on the side of well-trained infantry with both advanced guided missiles and unguided rockets. The greatest of these capabilities are fire-and-forget, guided, top-attack missiles—the premier model being the American-made Javelin. This weapon allows a single soldier to target and destroy even the most heavily armored main battle tank with an almost guaranteed kill rate, at great range and with minimal risk.

Old 03-08-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's not a bad deal. He was never getting control back over Crimea anyway, Donbas was always going to be trouble, and NATO might not want them.

you all do realize this is a fake russian story?

the actual tale is, disarm, and install a diff (moscow friendly) govt. Zelenskyy answered in unladylike terms...speaking of which.....

Old 03-08-2022, 12:08 PM

our russo-bots here got mention today...Jennifer Griffin reporting on a pentagon briefing at appx 1pm today detailed the russian expats, human bots etc, all over US social media and websites are continuing to sow discord and false info.

so, yay for our ruskies!

Old 03-08-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
Nope, I don't think they are weak sanctions at all.
they were strong sanctions if the shelling stopped and the tanks turned around.

lets go look at the map....

oh....

Old 03-08-2022, 12:14 PM

3,256 posts, read 1,412,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If you want to know what that meant, perhaps you should read the entire conversation that my comment came from ... here's part of it:
Thanks for directing me, and I did see that. I would still question the value or usefulness of the comment. As I tried to share previously, I think if you look at the totality of Zelensky’s approach, he’s a guy most people would pick to be on their team. The fact that he has faults doesn’t really add much, in my mind, to the main issue about his being a strong leader. But, yes, in absolute terms, I’m sure he’s got his own limitations/issues.

Old 03-08-2022, 12:25 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,869 times
I hope that Zelensky/Ukraine is successful at defeating Puttin/Russians attempted takeover.

Old 03-08-2022, 12:34 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,779,489 times
Russians continues to kill civilians. Innocent Ukrainians need our help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biRRWMKi1mI

Old 03-08-2022, 12:35 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,249 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn9_SfoQjXA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies