Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2022, 06:20 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So is Kim Jong Un.

I think you need to revisit history where it didn't require bullets or missiles for the Soviet Union to collapse upon itself.

Biden denied those jets from Poland for a reason.
haha, not when the oil is over 100 USD pre. Anyway, Biden does not want to upset Russia. I don't believe any sound mind can come up with any other reason.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
What's stopping Poland, or any other NATO country, from sending their own jets? NATO doesn't need the permission of America or Biden to send Ukraine jets.
As far as I know, not many NATOs have Mig, also those countries want something back and do not want to upset Russia. Do you think MiGs are grown on tree

Old 03-09-2022, 06:25 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
haha, not when the oil is over 100 USD pre. Anyway, Biden does not want to upset Russia. I don't believe any sound mind can come up with any other reason.
The reason is they are afraid of Putin's nuclear bluff. He has made these bluffs before like a chihuahua that barks loudly.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:26 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
By the sounds of it, Putin is looking for any excuse to use nukes or maybe chemical warfare. He calls everything an act of war. He says the economic sanctions are an act of war. An act of war means he can nuke us or do anything they do in a war. It seems like a no win situation unless someone could take him out.
I doubt nukes the fallout will blow back into Russia chemical lot easier to deal with just like they did in Syria. Nerve Agent disperses quickly it won't blow back into Russia. Putin starts WW3 our missile defense will stop lot of Russian ICBM's but our Subs will wipe Russian's cites. CIA has spies likely right in Putin's inner circle they know what he is up to. The stuff that US has to look out for is Russian subs and hypersonic stuff not sure that is really in service yet they tested a few. US will get hit no doubt I don't think it will be as bad as everyone thinks.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:26 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
What's stopping Poland, or any other NATO country, from sending their own jets? NATO doesn't need the permission of America or Biden to send Ukraine jets.
not a thing.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
It would be nice if some other country was the most likely target than the US so I dont have to check out nukemap to see how likely I would be vaporized in a nuclear attack.

I know people say Trump wanted out of NATO and I personally believe that being in NATO is a terrible idea. Look at the current situation, who is most likely to get the nuke in their country? It is a failure of every President to have kept the US in NATO and kept the US as the number one target. But that was also for a good reason since military spending is how so many politicians bread is buttered.
Unlike UN, NATO is the $ and power issue. If it is a fair deal, Trump will not want out of NATO too. The current situation shows NATO is a joke.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:29 PM

1,135 posts, read 401,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I doubt nukes the fallout will blow back into Russia chemical lot easier to deal with just like they did in Syria. Nerve Agent disperses quickly it won't blow back into Russia. Putin starts WW3 our missile defense will stop lot of Russian ICBM's but our Subs will wipe Russian's cites. CIA has spies likely right in Putin's inner circle they know what he is up to. The stuff that US has to look out for is Russian subs and hypersonic stuff not sure that is really in service yet they tested a few. US will get hit no doubt I doubt think it will be as bad as everyone thinks.
You think that our missile defense will stop Russians? thanks for the laugh. We will be lucky if we can stop North Korean Nuke using our missile defense system. If Russia fire their nukes at us, we are done. Only thing we can do is shoot back before we are all dead. The only that will survive are subs both Russians and US and they will ultimately have to come back up and to the land as their supplys start running low.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The reason is they are afraid of Putin's nuclear bluff. He has made these bluffs before like a chihuahua that barks loudly.
Same as Trump. Putin is also unpredictable. He may use it

Old 03-09-2022, 06:32 PM

13,444 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Putin is not using nukes until China gives him the green light and China's method is not by war. Americans are playing checkers in a chess game.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:32 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
NYT

Increasingly Isolated, Russia Escalates Attacks on Civilians

Hit by Sanctions, Kremlin Accuses U.S. of ‘Economic War’
Russian shelling blocked efforts to create safe corridors for civilians, leaving them trapped without water, food, heat or medicine.

Ukrainian officials expressed alarm over a reported loss of power in Chernobyl, but an energy agency said it was not an immediate threa and a strike on a maternity hospital wounded several people. Evgeniy Maloletka/Associated Press
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies