Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2022, 12:47 PM

25,956 posts, read 24,680,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I went to DPR in 2018. While the official narrative was that the defenders were all home grown boys with some volunteers, they had a statue of a Russian soldier guarding a Donetsk child. It’s clear a lot of Russian soldiers had some involvement in keeping DPR “independent” post 2014. Equipment, training and manpower when needed.
Interestingly, Putin rejected the Donbas' request to become part of Russia.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:54 PM

2,284 posts, read 633,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There was a good reason. Putin was hoping to have DPR and LPR be part of Ukraine but have an oversized vote in their international affairs. Think RS in Bosnia. This was the spirit of the Minsk agreement that fell apart. Putin invaded 8 months after. https://tass.com/world/1303871?utm_s....wikipedia.org

Old 03-13-2022, 12:55 PM

26,732 posts, read 22,409,968 times
Quote:

... and that's why he has to pay the hefty price now, for the betrayal not only of Donbass, but the whole South-Eastern part of Ukraine - Odessa, Kharkov, Mariupol - all those Russian-speaking cities.

I've predicted it long time ago, and here it is, happening now.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:56 PM

13,377 posts, read 4,227,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
The US has a long history of arming horrible groups.
My point in this mess of U.S. foreign policy that it's a huge $hi@t sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a big bite. That's why I don't get emotionally involved in this like our media and government are telling us how to react and who to hate.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:57 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,142,034 times
Quote:
The attack plans were on a Nato notebook that Ukrainian Russians found in a raid of a Nazi military camp.
There is an article on it, but in German. Feel free to translate it. There are photos of the notebook.

https://www.anti-spiegel.ru/2022/meh...nato-notebook/

Sure they were. Like a picture of a laptop shows there were top secret military plans on it.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:58 PM

26,732 posts, read 22,409,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I went to DPR in 2018. While the official narrative was that the defenders were all home grown boys with some volunteers, they had a statue of a Russian soldier guarding a Donetsk child. It’s clear a lot of Russian soldiers had some involvement in keeping DPR “independent” post 2014. Equipment, training and manpower when needed.

Same as all those "military instructors" sent by the US/NATO in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7D4r8OTgTw&t=1043s

Old 03-13-2022, 12:59 PM

4,482 posts, read 5,320,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sure they were. Like a picture of a laptop shows there were top secret military plans on it.
You're free not to believe it, but if you want Zelensky to get on live TV and say "yes, we were planning to attack," you'll be left waiting a long time.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:13 PM

7,583 posts, read 6,052,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
My point in this mess of U.S. foreign policy that it's a huge $hi@t sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a big bite. That's why I don't get emotionally involved in this like our media and government are telling us how to react and who to hate.
I agree. On one hand, I sit here and wonder if the USA and NATO allies have any plan to stop this, or any plan for when it spills over into a NATO nation like Poland, or even at what point Putin should be stopped from playing Bully and sent home with a bloody nose ......

On the other hand, I taught my kids to stay out of fights which were not theirs, especially when they do not know all the facts.

We were leaving EPCOT once on a crowded night, and there were these two people, in cars, arguing, getting out, trying to block each other. My son said "Let's get the .45 out and end it"
I told him, "No, it is not our fight, and as long as they leave us alone, we will leave them alone because we do not know why they are fighting. "

Kind of rings true. There are some good reasons both sides will say they have for doing what they do. Good reasons to them at least.

I kind of doubt that the US has even addressed or planned anything. It seems to me that the Government does not intervene or step in until things are way out of hand. I would hope Uncle Joe Biden and Co. are at least coming up with a "What if" scenario, but who knows?

Old 03-13-2022, 01:19 PM

2,612 posts, read 919,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You say that, but realize there are plenty of simple-minded people ready willing and able to swallow any propaganda that makes them feel good. Trump's Big Lie comes to mind. And now we have Putin's Big Lie. Is it a coincidence that both propaganda machines operate the same way?
Yes, there are a lot of people out there who will buy into propaganda such as a manufactured propaganda phrase like "Trump's Big Lie" that is used to manipulate people.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:22 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,108,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You're free not to believe it, but if you want Zelensky to get on live TV and say "yes, we were planning to attack," you'll be left waiting a long time.
That's amusing because Syngman Rhee of South Korea eventually admitted that the US instigated the attack on North Korea which led to the Korean War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.