Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2022, 09:41 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That might be in response to NATO new "war games" exercise...brink of war and NATO says "let's have war games at Russian border"....Operation Cold Response.

You can't make this stuff up folks.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4890360...-games-border/
NATO has amassed 30,000 troops and 50 warships near Russia's border for military exercises, risking Mad Vlad's rage.
The exercise includes 30,000 troops from more than 25 countries from Europe and North America, 200 aircraft, and 50 vessels.
Putin has been the one who has been escalating....this is Good News!

Old 03-15-2022, 09:42 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
Quote:
That might be in response to NATO new "war games" exercise...brink of war and NATO says "let's have war games at Russian border"....Operation Cold Response.

NATO has amassed 30,000 troops and 50 warships near Russia's border for military exercises, risking Mad Vlad's rage.
The exercise includes 30,000 troops from more than 25 countries from Europe and North America, 200 aircraft, and 50 vessels.
This particular exercise is held every 2 years and Russia is invited to observe.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:44 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Nice article showing how Russia shot down its own drone, and then the Russian gunners applied for a medal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ccj...=U.SDeepAgenda

Old 03-15-2022, 09:50 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,259 times
This Russian is Protesting. People are dying and he's worried about his big mac addiction.
Quote:
“Closing down is an act of hostility against me and my fellow citizens!” Safronov reportedly yelled as customers flocked inside to grab their last Big Macs and other staples before the chain closed down its operations.
Quote:
A Russian man was not lovin’ it that McDonald’s was about to shutter it stores in the country amid the invasion of Ukraine – so he chained himself to one of its eateries in Moscow in a last-ditch attempt to keep it open.
https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/russia...-stop-closing/

Old 03-15-2022, 09:55 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:

lol able archer 83 redux?

I mentioned this before...soviets BELIEVED it so strongly, they launched bombers with nuke tips, ARMED into NATO space. WE actually went to defcon 1 and had the pumps in the missiles churning. we had no choice but to ready to launch due to an exercise we started...

Old 03-15-2022, 09:56 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nice article showing how Russia shot down its own drone, and then the Russian gunners applied for a medal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ccj...=U.SDeepAgenda

well, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
This kind of talk may make a person seem lofty in his/her intellect and analysis, but it's ultimately vacuous.

If you so value primary sources, then that would mean that everything you have ever learned about history came not from school textbooks or writers of books about a certain episode of history but rather from the manuscripts and edicts and decrees issued by emperors and kings and presidents and prime ministers.

You, in other words, have learned all your history by browsing very old documents in government archives and in museums.

To make that implied claim is embarrassing, not to cite the sources the poster you replied to.
You equating Russell Brand and Oliver Stone with school textbooks is delirium defined.

You have a knack for twisting things up like a pretzel with your "in other words" bull pucky, and then attacking that self-created mutation. Whatever it takes to soothe yourself, skippy.

Primary sources are not just very old documents in government archives. History didn't stop happening a long time ago. You just don't get it. But keep posting by all means, it is important for everyone to see for themselves.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:58 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
So you are incapable of writing out your opinions? This is a discussion board. Its not productive to just say "you guys arent getting the whole story." Correct us.

I probably agree with you on a lot of things however the bottom line is that nothing I have seen justifies a full scale invasion of Ukraine.
My point was I don’t want to tell anyone what they should think. I am no expert and will not pretend to be, I’m just trying to understand the situation and encouraging others to do the same. I have been very open in my opinions on this forum, I believe I was one of the first to call out the Azov battalion, and said that if Putin kills them I don’t care. I took a lot of heat for that. The US has a history of training and arming dangerous groups like ISIS that lead to severe consequences down the road. I have a controversial opinion that pushing US interests in Ukraine proves we really didn’t care about the Ukrainian people when we did it, and that we are using them in a proxy war to weaken Russia. We ship in countless weapons, but have not shown any willingness to date to help Zelensky mediate peace negotiations. I have seen the saying “We will fight them down to the last Ukrainian.” and think there is truth in it. I am angry when I see videos of our politicians (McCain and Lindsay Graham) going over there making promises that we cannot keep. I am angry when I see billions of USD spent on meddling in their politics, with neocons like Victoria Nuland leading it. I am angry when Biden’s family personally profits off of this country’s businesses. I don’t like what I see from our side and think there is a lot more we don't know, and I certainly don’t support Putin’s war on Ukraine and on truth. It’s a giant lose lose, and Ukraine will be destroyed. I want peace and understanding more than anything else.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:58 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
This Russian is Protesting. People are dying and he's worried about his big mac addiction.
https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/russia...-stop-closing/
Eh,..I can't say much.

People here lost their minds when KFC ran out of its Spicy Chicken Sandwiches,..

Old 03-15-2022, 10:06 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Man....these people....talk about backbones

https://twitter.com/InnaSovsun/statu...31906420031492

Quote:
Emergency session of the #Ukrainian parliament
@verkhovna_rada
was held today! More than 350 of the 425 MPs were present.
We are here & we aren't afraid, because we're on our land, in our #Ukraine. And we'll win war!
Before the meeting we sang the
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies