Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2022, 12:55 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I wouldn't say "Russians". there are lots of Russians against this invasion. I would say who's responsible is exclusive to Puttin and the Russian military who are ordering and carrying out the attacks. Hopefully Puttin comes to an end similar to how Hitler's end was.
I was speaking to the Russian trolls that are posting in this thread.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:55 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Does the Geneva convention apply to a defending army? It's my understanding that it does, and while I share your POV that the Ukrainians are the ones defending their country bravely, I cannot turn a blind eye to atrocities committed by them on the basis that I support their objectives. That way leads to utter chaos.

I would also say, we don't know 100% for sure about the raping of civilians, as I said the fog of war is thick, but history teaches us that it happens in almost every conflict, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Where's there's smoke, there's fire. If you're hearing about it, the likelihood is it's happening. But I still say the Ukrainians have much greater leeway by virtue of what's happening to their country.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:56 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I wouldn't say "Russians". there are lots of Russians against this invasion. I would say who's responsible is exclusive to Puttin and the Russian military who are ordering and carrying out the attacks. Hopefully Puttin comes to an end similar to how Hitler's end was.
Yeah, I think Putin will leave one way or the other.
The Winner has already been decided; Russia will never occupy Ukraine the way it had hoped. Zelensyy's appeal has proved to be too broad, and Unkraine's detractors have proved to be simple wide-eyed fanatics.
Russia is friendless among people who count.

The world was better off back before Peter The Great when Russia was a landlocked Asian country. I don't think we can ever put them back in that situation, but it would be nice.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:58 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think there will be a peace agreement, Ukraine is just trying to win time for an opportunity to launch its false-flag chemical attack. Therefore they pretend to be negotiating, hoping Russia will slow down its invasion while the negotiations are going on.
You're manufacturing lies... so that makes you a liar.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:59 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Congressional approval is needed before a war is started. He must feel if he makes an emotional appeal to Congress, members in turn will pressure Biden. Probably true. Much of recent US policy has been driven by emotion.

Biden is known to cave. Look how successful the minority "squad" has been in that regard. Biden ran as a moderate. Yet has repeatedly caved to all of the demands of the far left. Even though it has resulted in alienating many of the voters that put him in office.
If the President "caved to all of the demands of the left," he would've not even thought about "fund the police," in his SOTU Addreess! Let's move on....!

Old 03-16-2022, 01:03 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah, I think Putin will leave one way or the other.
The Winner has already been decided; Russia will never occupy Ukraine the way it had hoped. Zelensyy's appeal has proved to be too broad, and Unkraine's detractors have proved to be simple wide-eyed fanatics.
Russia is friendless among people who count.

The world was better off back before Peter The Great when Russia was a landlocked Asian country. I don't think we can ever put them back in that situation, but it would be nice.
I think you are wrong.
Except for the West no other countries have imposed any sanctions on Russia. To them the conflict is just another conflict between neighbors. And they are not blind, they ask themselves why put sanctions on Russia now when there were no sanctions on the US when it started all those wars with many more victims?!
You are not the referee who decides which people count and which don't. A lot of people on this planet can't stand the West because they have suffered a lot in colonial times and even today with illegal sanctions.

Old 03-16-2022, 01:05 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You're manufacturing lies... so that makes you a liar.
How can I be lying when I say "I think"?! You make no sense...

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumuskanite View Post
Biden is planning on giving more military hardware to Ukraine..
Russia’s gonna find out why we have no universal healthcare.
As a person who has been very anti-interventionalist, I actually don't mind helping Ukraine because I think what Russia is doing is truly self-serving and terrible. However, I'm also concerned about this toe-dipping approach. Ukraine likely will not prevail against the Russian bear, even with our weapons. The more we send, the higher the possibility the Russia will eventually get them. In which case, we're just arming Russia with better war equipment, for free.
Moderators for US and World Forums

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's called propaganda. What media outlet is going to out another one for using old photos/videos when they do it themselves.

What government is going to put a stop to it when it benefits them ?

Wait 50-60 years and de-classified papers will be released and then the truth will come out.
But by then no one will care and no one left alive that can be held responsible.

That's how it works.
I understand "spin" and slanted words and opinon meshed with facts/non-facts, but an actual photo that can be PROVEN to be something else with specific details. Celebrities have sued and won for blatant lying about them. The public, Joe Q. Anybody, should be able to sue over fake photos used by media companies to manipulate and defraud them.

Old 03-16-2022, 01:06 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
I was speaking to the Russian trolls that are posting in this thread.
Sounds similar to Iraq.

Let us at long last make it clear and proclaim it ever thus! These are history's victors: the ones you don't need to ask if they would have invaded Iraq if they knew what they know now. They knew it then. More importantly, those who opposed the war in Iraq from the very beginning took no end of abuse for taking that position. They were called unserious, they were compared to Neville Chamberlain, they were told that they hadn't learned the "lesson of September 11th," and they took that beating from the Iraq War's engineers and its cheerleaders, who've suffered very little consequence for their tragic lapse in judgment.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jeb-b...-war_n_7294000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies