Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 12:39 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Ukraine is a sovereign nation, Putin does not have veto power over their alliances.

I’m all for not poking the Russian bear, but invading another country to functionally annex their land needs to stop. Putin did so with Crimea, and he created paralyzed enclaves in northern Georgia and eastern Ukraine. Now he’s adding more. The response has to be swift and fierce or he will continue eating Ukraine.

China is watching carefully, they are anxious to invade Taiwan.

Weakness now means more trouble down the road.

If Russia has a 30 country alliance and pushes their military to the U.S. borders, does that needs to stop?

We invaded Vietnam, Panama, Iraq and Afghanistan, we overthrew Libya, we have our military in 80 countries and support 87% of the world's dictators. It's really funny that We tell Russia to respect the borders when Ukraine has been propping by NATO weapons and build a puppet corrupt non-democratic regime.

Do We have a leg to stand on? I say NO for the facts I stated. You don't think China see our B.S.? When China takes Taiwan, it would be automatically because We will be so deep in bed with China and U.S. corporations and politicians like Pelosi who made herself very rich with China will ignore it.

Old 02-24-2022, 12:42 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
If Russia has a 30 country alliance and pushes their military to the U.S. borders, does that needs to stop?

We invaded Vietnam, Panama, Iraq and Afghanistan, we have our military in 80 countries and support 87% of the world's dictators. It's really funny that We tell Russia to respect the borders when Ukraine has been propping up NATO weapons and build a puppet corrupt non-democratically.

Do We have a leg to stand on? I say NO for the facts I stated. You don't think China see our B.S.? When China takes Taiwan, it would be automatically because We will be so deep in bed with China and U.S. corporations and politicians like Pelosi who made herself very rich with China will ignore it.
Yes, I’m not excusing US actions. Hopefully we don’t invade another country again! I was against all those wars save the Vietnam one where I was too young to be political. Too young to be drafted didn’t care!

But two wrongs don’t make a right! I criticize our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq and I will criticize Putin’s.

Old 02-24-2022, 12:44 AM

2,036 posts, read 1,605,030 times
Ukraine military has reportedly taken out two Russian tanks and several trucks, according to some of the major news websites.

Old 02-24-2022, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Yes, I’m not excusing US actions. Hopefully we don’t invade another country again! I was against all those wars save the Vietnam one where I was too young to be political. Too young to be drafted didn’t care!

But two wrongs don’t make a right! I criticize our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq and I will criticize Putin’s.

U.S. and Russia foreign policy isn't about "right" or "wrong". It's about geo politics and self-preservation on a big threat at your border. The U.S. will never let a Russian 30 country alliance move their troops to Mexico next to the U.S. Look how We acted by the Soviets put missiles in Cuba. It was close to WW 3. So why expect any different for Russia?

Old 02-24-2022, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Ukraine military has reportedly taken out two Russian tanks and several trucks, according to some of the major news websites.
LOL. Russia has 22,710 tanks (the most in the world) to Ukraine 3,800. I don't trust the U.S. media or anything from Ukraine.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:56 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times
Wow, I was so wrong about this- more wrong than I've ever been about anything in my entire life...

Old 02-24-2022, 02:10 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
U.S. and Russia foreign policy isn't about "right" or "wrong". It's about geo politics and self-preservation on a big threat at your border. The U.S. will never let a Russian 30 country alliance move their troops to Mexico next to the U.S. Look how We acted by the Soviets put missiles in Cuba. It was close to WW 3. So why expect any different for Russia?
I understand that but my positions are about right and wrong. In this mess, of Putin's doing, Ukrainians suffer. I can empathize with them, and no people should be put through that.

This event needs to be countered, swiftly and sternly, even if it means devastating sanctions that impact many of our companies. If you let a man invade and annex another country, he will do it again and again.

I hate to draw parallels to Nazi Germany but it needs to be done. First Hitler demanded Sudetenland, the West did not care, so they gave it to him. Then he invaded the rest of the Czechoslovakia. The west was not prepared for war, so they said "no more".

Then he looked at Poland, and demanded that, and then there was a war. If the west had stopped him in Sudetenland, there would probably be no WW2.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:18 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
That's correct. China also intervened during the Korean War when we "got too close."

World powers, America included, don't want any country on their border who is "working for the adversary." Period.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:45 AM

1,874 posts, read 649,757 times
Quote:
The Soviet-Cuba relationship was cooperative. But now, the Russian-Ukraine relationship is forced. There is a difference that needs no explanation. When it was cooperative, we responded by blockade. So should we not escalate when the relationship was forced?

Russia will never have a 30-country strong alliance and right now, China is at best a wishy-washy partner. The Cold War showed China the risk of being subordinate to Soviet Russia and that relationship will never occur again. That leave Russia solo in trying to reconstitute the Soviet Union. Maybe it is too late to save Ukraine, but it is certainly not too late to lead the non-NATO countries into a mutual defense pact of their own.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:48 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
LOL. Russia has 22,710 tanks (the most in the world) to Ukraine 3,800. I don't trust the U.S. media or anything from Ukraine.
Oh no, what is Russia going to do now that they only have 22,708 tanks left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies