Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 09:38 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times

Advertisements

Dropping grenades from drones. When you are fighting for your country and your very life, you try everything you can. If Ukraine loses, there will be no future for Ukrainians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D0Zu4dDXjo

Old 03-18-2022, 09:39 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
It's completely true, you are wrong.

There is no other "truth". There is one truth, and one truth only, and that is Russian aggression, and you support it.
1) Do you speak either Russian or Ukrainian?
- If you do, watch the raw footage from the region from as many sources as you can.
2) Do you personally know anyone who is in Ukraine right now?
- Obviously, pray for them. And ask them what is going on often. And check after the war if their opinion is changed. Don't listen to any patriots who aren't there.

If your answer is NO to both, just relax, wave and smile. You won't know the truth. It is not your war.

Last edited by brrabbit; 03-18-2022 at 10:13 PM..

Old 03-18-2022, 09:39 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Interesting conversation with U.S vet who specialized in armored vehicles and logistics about Russian vehicles getting bogged down in Ukraine. Highly recommend for any military nerd. America would wipe the floor against the Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaz8RrsRKyc

Old 03-18-2022, 10:22 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,610,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
1) Do you speak either Russian or Ukrainian?
- If you do, watch the raw footage from the region from as many sources as you can.
2) Do you personally know anyone who is in Ukraine right now?
- Obviously, pray for them. And ask them what is going on often. And check after the war if their opinion is changed. Don't listen to any patriots who aren't there.

If your answer is NO to both, just relax, wave and smile. You won't know the truth. It is not your war.
You don't know anything about my personal life.
Yes, learned some Russian, had a Moscowvite boyfriend at Uni back when it was still USSR.
Yes, have friends in Ukraine, and none of them are flying Russian flags welcoming the invaders, in fact they hate them with a passion.
Anything else you want to know that is none of your business in the first place?

Old 03-18-2022, 10:36 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
You don't know anything about my personal life.
Yes, learned some Russian, had a Moscowvite boyfriend at Uni back when it was still USSR.
Yes, have friends in Ukraine, and none of them are flying Russian flags welcoming the invaders, in fact they hate them with a passion.
Anything else you want to know that is none of your business in the first place?
Check their opinion after the war... I have some friends there, one in Mariupol, one in Kharkiv, and some in-laws near Lviv. They might not welcome Russians for the invasion itself, yet they blame local authorities for holding them hostage (those in Mariupol and Kharkiv), and those who were able to escape the war told the stories about lack of any civil order in the Western Ukraine. Obviously, none of them is going to wave Ukrainian flag when the war is over.

You also can watch Russia Today (RT) with English captions just for a little while (it won't indoctrinate you), to get some raw footage of what is going on there on the ground.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:03 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yere8FnJgIA

Old 03-18-2022, 11:45 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Interesting conversation with U.S vet who specialized in armored vehicles and logistics about Russian vehicles getting bogged down in Ukraine. Highly recommend for any military nerd. America would wipe the floor against the Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaz8RrsRKyc
This is obvious. Russia is clearly a military has been other than nuclear.

Old 03-19-2022, 01:17 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Check their opinion after the war... I have some friends there, one in Mariupol, one in Kharkiv, and some in-laws near Lviv. They might not welcome Russians for the invasion itself, yet they blame local authorities for holding them hostage (those in Mariupol and Kharkiv), and those who were able to escape the war told the stories about lack of any civil order in the Western Ukraine. Obviously, none of them is going to wave Ukrainian flag when the war is over.

You also can watch Russia Today (RT) with English captions just for a little while (it won't indoctrinate you), to get some raw footage of what is going on there on the ground.
I'll files this post under "things that are completely untrue"

My company has an office in Odessa and is paying to get the employees and their families out and to safety. According to them, what you are posting is complete Russian fantasy. Russia is the evil actor here and everyone in Ukraine HATES Russia.

Old 03-19-2022, 01:57 AM

3,826 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
It's completely true, you are wrong.

There is no other "truth". There is one truth, and one truth only, and that is Russian aggression, and you support it.
False, I do not support aggression or violence by either country. I hope both countries negotiate soon and end this conflict.

Please stop making accusations that are not true, just speak for yourself on the matter.

Lastly, if you think the media is giving 100% accurate, full truth on the situation then we will just disagree on that.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:14 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
False, I do not support aggression or violence by either country. I hope both countries negotiate soon and end this conflict.

Please stop making accusations that are not true, just speak for yourself on the matter.

Lastly, if you think the media is giving 100% accurate, full truth on the situation then we will just disagree on that.
Russia invaded a weak neighbor under the pretense of geopolitical gain. People are dying for this. That’s all you need to know to determine who the aggressor is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies