Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2022, 01:45 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
deb? those pics could be my kids cub scout pack
Your kids are trained in combat maneuvers and scream "Death to Muscovites?" at cub scout pack. When my kids were in scouts, that wasn't the tenants they taught.

The Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill.

Hmm... don't see hatred and training to kill people in there. Must be unique to PA Cub Scouts.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:48 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You are as clueless as ever.
Possibly, but at least I'm not stuck defending Russia's criminal war. Can't be good for the soul.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:50 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
i still say its an eastern european cub scout camp. In fact, there is no evidence it is NOT.

And I would still say that it's Ukrainian neo-nazi camp indoctrinating children with neo-nazi propaganda.

So what you would like to deny as usual, isn't working, because anyone can hear what slogans they are screaming, these "cub scouts."

Old 03-24-2022, 01:54 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I knew these sanctions would backfire, they have never been successful with regime change and often have the opposite intended effect. I don’t hate the Russian people and I don’t want them to hate us, but that is what is going to happen. We also put the US petrodollar at risk, without it our currency isn’t backed by anything real, on top of that we’re sitting on over $30 trillion in debt.
Indeed. Venezuela, Syria, NK, Cuba, Iran etc. Sanctions have not achieved what was expected.

I read something about the dollar today, don't remember where it was, it was about SDRs (special drawing rights) replacing the dollar.
Not to mention countries switching to other, national currencies now.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:57 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You aren't winning any points by citing a blog that operates out of Russia, and is debunked as a fake "news" site.

https://de-m-wikipedia-org.translate...n&_x_tr_pto=sc
What is anonymous about posting under your real name?!
He lives in Russia, so naturally he runs his blog from where he lives.
His blog is perfectly fine. The fact that he is not engaging in anti-Russian propaganda does not mean that what he writes is wrong. Far from it.

He probably knows more than we do because he is fluent in Russian and currently he is visiting Ukraine and reporting from there.

Last edited by Neuling; 03-24-2022 at 02:12 PM..

Old 03-24-2022, 01:57 PM

10,824 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Your kids are trained in combat maneuvers and scream "Death to Muscovites?" at cub scout pack. When my kids were in scouts, that wasn't the tenants they taught.

The Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill.

Hmm... don't see hatred and training to kill people in there. Must be unique to PA Cub Scouts.
i see nothing that is listed by you, that is incompatible with anything listed by me (actually I didnt list it, you did, but lets run with that) or mutually exclusive.

A scout should always be prepared. Hey, that would make for a great motto!

Old 03-24-2022, 01:58 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Oil contracts are clear about what currency will be used to pay for oil.
The dollar.
The Euro.
It's right in the contract.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...-gas-in-rubles

Old 03-24-2022, 01:58 PM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Indeed. Venezuela, Syria, NK, Cuba, Iran etc. Sanctions have not achieved what was expected.

I read something about the dollar today, don't remember where it was, it was about SDRs (special drawing rights) replacing the dollar.
Not to mention countries switching to other, national currencies now.
I feel pretty confident that a look back will show us that the sanctions against Russia will have accomplished nothing but hurt Russians who had nothing to do with the decision to invade Ukraine. I hope that I am wrong and they were worthwhile. Maybe a benefit that we wont see if it prevents a future action like this from another country. I dont know. It saddens me that so many have to suffer and that it was probably for nothing.

Old 03-24-2022, 02:02 PM

6,643 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
There is no reason to use chemical weapons when your winning the war.
How hard would it be to false flag something like this to justify a chemical retaliation though.

Yes, either side, for you ruskies.

Old 03-24-2022, 02:11 PM

6,643 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And I would still say that it's Ukrainian neo-nazi camp indoctrinating children with neo-nazi propaganda.

So what you would like to deny as usual, isn't working, because anyone can hear what slogans they are screaming, these "cub scouts."
I wonder what people's definition of neo-nazi is here. Do they self identify as neo-nazi?

This video they present as Nationalists. Training to fight the Rebel Separatists who, obviously, employ violent tactics. Maybe there are other vids of kids saying they're neo-nazis, I dunno. I doubt they'd use the term Nazi on a NBC video.

I gathered there is a region in Ukraine, plagued by violent Russian separatists and a group of civilians training themselves to combat that threat since they mention the Ukrainian military proper is short on soldiers.

Having a pro-russian political party trying to sway things in a room is different from having dudes run around shooting the place up.

Still, who started what first, it should still be a Ukranian problem, and Not invoke a foreign Country to invade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies