Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2022, 07:44 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times

Advertisements

One of Russia's tactic is ethnic cleansing. They replace native Ukrainians with Russians, as we have seen from the kidnappings of Ukrainians and sending them to remote parts of Russia to be silenced forever.

Any election or referendum in Russian controlled areas is a farce. As such, the referendums in Crimea and other areas have been declared invalid by most of the world. Crimea and the Donbas regions belong to Ukraine. Fake referendums won't change that.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:46 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
And when/if, those 4 million people eventually come back will they have a say?
Most of those 4 million are not from the Luhansk and Donbas area.

If the pro-Russian separatist regions are keen on conspiring, collaborating, and coordinating with Russia indefinitely, there's really only one solution: secession.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:47 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
Quote:
Interestingly enough, that wouldnt be happening if Russia hadnt invaded in the first place.

It was going on in the Ukraine towards any political dissenters, but I understand your desire to explain Nazi's behavior. Like-minded people tend to think similarly and see no wrongdoing. You'd probably call Abu Ghraib prisoners the real American heroes too.

Last edited by brrabbit; 03-27-2022 at 08:03 AM..

Old 03-27-2022, 07:49 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
It was going on in the Ukraine towards any political dissenters, but I understand your desire to explain Nazi's behavior. Like-minded people tends to think similarly and see no wrongdoing.
And what do you call the behavior of Russians that invaded another country? Innocent saints sitting in church?

By the way, throwing Nazi into a post doesnt mean you automatically win. Just so you know.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
One of Russia's tactic is ethnic cleansing. They replace native Ukrainians with Russians, as we have seen from the kidnappings of Ukrainians and sending to remote parts of Russia to be silenced forever.

Any election or referendum in Russian controlled areas is a farce. As such, the referendums in Crimea and other areas have been declared invalid by most of the world. Crimea and the Donbas regions belong to Ukraine. Fake referendums won't change that.

Ethnic cleansing??? Really? I am trying to think, which nation would be ethnically cleansed by Russians... Chechen? They all returned to their Chechnya. Russian Germans? They moved to modern Germany. I had a classmate of that origin, his father was head of a local factory in our city. Crimean Tatars? Well, if some decided to fight for independence of Crimean Peninsula from Russia, they might have been arrested. But there's no forced relocation and destruction of the whole nation anywhere. Besides, Russian Empire owns the Crimea for several hundred years, and there's still such a thing as Crimean Tatars in the first place (as well as Kazan Tatars living freely anywhere, and Kazan is still a regional center).

One key difference between Russia and British / European occupation is that Russia incorporate occupied territories into itself with granting all the rights of citizenship to the residents of those territories (and incorporating local elites into its own ruling class). Compare that to British Colonization model (taxes without representation, huh - and that was the claim of white residents of British origin, speak of how you'd call it from the Native American POV). Again, in Russian Colonization model Native Americans would be immediately granted equal or greater rights of citizenship with appropriate representation as Russians themselves.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
And what do you call the behavior of Russians that invaded another country? Innocent saints sitting in church?

By the way, throwing Nazi into a post doesnt mean you automatically win. Just so you know.

A war is one thing. Torturing prisoners of war is another. Sad, that you don't see any difference. When you watched "Rambo: The first blood", were you sympathizing with the Vietnam torturing the guy?

Old 03-27-2022, 08:06 AM

Quote:
A war is one thing. Torturing prisoners of war is another. Sad, that you don't see any difference.
Oh, I do see the difference. However, I also recognize that none of this would have happened if the Russians hadnt invaded. You seem to give them a free pass for that one though. Why is that?

Old 03-27-2022, 08:10 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
A war is one thing. Torturing prisoners of war is another. Sad, that you don't see any difference. When you watched "Rambo: The first blood", were you sympathizing with the Vietnam torturing the guy?
Oh but it was ok when we did it at Gitmo ?
Not one person in Congress got in trouble and Congress ok'd it.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Oh, I do see the difference. However, I also recognize that none of this would have happened if the Russians hadnt invaded. You seem to give them a free pass for that one though. Why is that?

I am fully supporting it. The terrorist regime that employed this tactic since 2014 must be destroyed.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I am fully supporting it. The terrorist regime that employed this tactic since 2014 must be destroyed.
Since you are supporting Russia, and you are out crying against anything that Ukraine does that you dont like, are you also protesting the killing of innocents by the Russian army?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies