Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2022, 01:28 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
My advice to you is to get your history books out of the closet and fill in the gaps in your education.
My advice to you is go somewhere where you have the freedom to read history books and not propaganda from the Kremlin.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:29 PM

18,734 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Ukrainians are doing very well.

British Defence sources have confirmed over 450 Russian dead.

Ukraine says Russia has lost 800 soldiers, over 150 vehicles, 13 aircraft - The Week
Certainly Putin didn't expect to stage a military invasion of a sovereign country without losses.

Are these casualties so far, greater than he expected in the first few days? Or about the same as what he expected, etc.?

Old 02-25-2022, 01:31 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
More like Ukraine citizens overthrown their former leader. There was no coup in terms of foreign government doing it. Former president of Ukraine fled in the middle of the night to Ukraine and never came back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-YaivtGmzI

Old 02-25-2022, 01:31 PM

1,690 posts, read 611,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I could care less about Russia. I only care about the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the United States.

I'm not for Russia, I'm against the EU.
By proxy in this fight, you are basically pro Russian. We have disagreed on a lot and agreed at other times. On this we strongly disagree. If the US is so bad why don’t you leave. No one is forcing you to stay. Or could it be that the US and it’s democracy actually provides you with a lot of opportunities, freedoms and a pretty darn good quality of life? The US has never been the evil aggressor. NEVER. We haven’t always made the right move but we have had freedom’s and our own interests in mind. Which as far as I’m concerned is a good thing. Without a strong US, the world falls to dictatorships. Period. It’s how it has been since our independence and how it will be for the foreseeable future unless people like you convince the masses that the US needs to cease to exist. The US isn’t perfect, but the alternatives are much worse.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:33 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Dishonesty of US? I would love to know what US is dishonest about?
You can't be serious. What isn't the US dishonest about?

Old 02-25-2022, 01:35 PM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Putin is both , a dictator and an Imperialist . Putin kills his adversaries in his own country.
So do the Clintons.

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
You have no clue as to what training or experience these older men have. Many of them may have prior military experience. It’s better to do something rather then to die in a corner cowering like a coward. Maybe you should head over to the Ukraine and share your superior intellect with them.
???????????????????

It said they are CIVILIANS, so yes, I know that CIVILIANS do not have the proper training or knowledge to survive a modern war. I have hunted and spent time in the bush with firearms my whole life, hunting hogs on foot at night with night vision and thermal and geared up in ghille suits sniping coyotes for a long time. I know how to get around in the bush with no problem and "roughing it" in the mountains for a week at a time with only the food and shelter you can haul on your back. You can't ask an urbanite to get a gun and go out and fight a conventional force. IT IS SUICIDE FOR CIVILIANS.

Are you crazy?

Look what happened to the Volkstrum in WW2. MANY of them happened to be WW1 vets. Yet without modern training and tactics, they were wiped out. How did the Hitler Jugend fair against the allies? How did the Japanese civilians on Saipan and Okinawa fair?

If you think untrained civilians can take on A CONVENTIONAL ARMY, you are insane. Civilians/partisans have a chance in non-conventional guerilla war, as shown by the VC in Vietnam and the partisans in Ukraine and Yugoslavia in WW2. Toe-to-toe with a modern military, they are nothing but cannon fodder.

I find it interesting that, despite evidence such as videos, the West denies the existence of thousands of Nazi-like soldiers in the Ukrainian army, arguing that the president is Jewish. I don't think that is any contradiction, when I think of a certain country these days...

Old 02-25-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
By proxy in this fight, you are basically pro Russian. We have disagreed on a lot and agreed at other times. On this we strongly disagree. If the US is so bad why don’t you leave. No one is forcing you to stay. Or could it be that the US and it’s democracy actually provides you with a lot of opportunities, freedoms and a pretty darn good quality of life? The US has never been the evil aggressor. NEVER. We haven’t always made the right move but we have had freedom’s and our own interests in mind. Which as far as I’m concerned is a good thing. Without a strong US, the world falls to dictatorships. Period. It’s how it has been since our independence and how it will be for the foreseeable future unless people like you convince the masses that the US needs to cease to exist. The US isn’t perfect, but the alternatives are much worse.

That is the point, living in the US is ok, but overseas the US creates nothing but war and chaos.

It is none of the US' business what political system other countries have.
The US wants to spread its rogue idea of democracy all over the world because that system makes countries weak and thus easier to manipulate and control. That's why they are angry at countries like Russia and China, which are not democratic in the Western sense, but have strong leaders who fight Western interference.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:42 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
I don't know about Ukraine but some countries require military service for citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies