Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 12:59 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times

Advertisements

"Russia has destroyed most of Ukraine’s defence industry" - Ukrainian presidential adviser

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...ential-adviser

Old 03-31-2022, 01:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ukrainian soldier debunking Russian propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUfG1HG-4XQ
This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing this. I knew the Russian-distributed "UkrAiNiaN SolDiERs aRE aBusIng PooR RuSsiAn sOLdieRs!!" propaganda videos were garbage. I don't even need to click on them. Of course they are being ordered to create these fakes.

I like how he included the phony "Kadyrov in Mariupol" BS image, taken at the gas station. I just posted about how that was also debunked in another post, and one of the Putinist's reply was "yada-yada-yada." Like that is the best they can do? Pathetic.

Like I said yesterday, the firehose of falsehood is on full throttle lately. Thanks for sharing the clip - I like they guy's candor and his accent.

Old 03-31-2022, 01:12 PM

10,812 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Please define yada-yada-yada.
she recently got the seinfeld boxed set?

Old 03-31-2022, 01:19 PM

10,812 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What "olexandra matviichuk," what "tattoos" - that's what the Nazi in Ukraine are known for - their tattoos.
So now when they are trying to escape from Mariupol changing in civilian/women's clothing, that's how the Russian/DNR troops are catching them - checking for their tattoos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSdiiMuRTQ

Here he is saying that they caught 25 of them today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uJpuE2HQQ

So no nazi tattoos for me, on my hiney or anywhere else - thank you very much)))

no, it went over your head, and at the same time, I have no clue how to manipulate twitter as I am not a member, what I saw at that link, is not there now, such that another poster referenced the wrong statement.

suffice to say, I still stand on the position that you willfully or ignorantly mis-represent the Ukr mindset. Actions speak louder than words and at present the majority of that remaining population, wanna kill russians. And are. When I see a T72 or T90 rusty burn barrel colored tank and a turret beside it on the ground, that is another 3-5 russian kids that didnt even get a chance to know they were being turned into burnt bacon. All because one Vladimir H. Putin is a sick f.

you didnt have this 2 months ago. Now you do.

You wont stop and think about it, heck you dont even care. But it is missed data that someday if you are unlucky, is gonna bite you on that un-tattoed bum....

Old 03-31-2022, 01:41 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,706,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
"Russia has destroyed most of Ukraine’s defence industry" - Ukrainian presidential adviser

Of course this will be labeled as "Russian disinformation" and the Canadian National Post will now be considered as "Putin's Puppet", that spews Russian propaganda.

Old 03-31-2022, 01:43 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
"Debunking Russian fakes" it's called?

Mhm.

Right at 1:43 you can see a soldier with the blue armband walking by ( which indicated the Ukrainian Army/any special forces.) ( If the original video was "fake," "staged" - why not put those armbands on EVERYONE?"

Another thing - why wouldn't he include the ORIGINAL SOUND of that video, instead of just telling what he "hears" there?"

That's number one.

Number two - that uniform that this *debunking hero* refers to as the "popular Russian uniform" at 1:25 is not "Russian" at all.
This is the uniform popular in the DNR militia, not the "Russian army."
( IN fact it IS a picture of the DNR militia, with their late prime minister second right from the right.)

And the uniforms on the soldiers in that blurry video look different.

Of course for the gullible Westerners this "debunking" might look convincing, but for us who know better - well, we know better of course.
Not to mention that that "secret order from the Russian government" can be typed by anyone even on the typewriter lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUfG1HG-4XQ&t=105s

So nice try, but no prize.

Old 03-31-2022, 01:50 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:

Mhm.
This is the same Arestovich, that... ) let me repost it here from a different thread;

And now let's look at the "mind-blowing interview" of Alexey Aristovish, one of the top advisers to Zelensky. ( From 2019)

Let's listen to it closely one more time;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVSh0vjrLDg&t=8s

So what he is essentially saying here, is that the drive of Zelensky's government to NATO will force Russia to attack, with an idea in mind to wreck Ukraine, to wreck its whole infrastructure, so that NATO wouldn't be interested in Ukraine.

But Ukraine ( according to Arestovich) should come out victorious from this war, and THEN will join NATO after all.

And ( according to his train of thought,) this flow of events is unavoidable ( in order to join NATO,) BECAUSE if Ukraine won't follow this rout, "we will be absorbed by Russia within the next 10-12 years."

Do you hear that?

Not "conquered" but "absorbed" because of the purely economic reasons I assume ( we talked a lot within the last few years on this thread why Ukraine will crumble down economically, being cut off from Russia - the major reasons behind it.)

So as you can see, Arestovich (Zelensky et al) decide that *they* are ready to pay the price in order to become the "part of NATO.)

This price is the war with Russia - precisely the way he describes it, the one you see now unfolding.

So Zelensky and Co were willing to pay this price - the death, the destruction that followed. <snip, later>

So so much for Arestovich and his "military doctrine." <snip, later>
This is at least the second perhaps the third time you've posted this video, and I've responded twice to what you've distorted.

You got this backwards: Arestovich says Russia is coming for Ukraine regardless and only NATO can save its independence. Putin was determined to restore the holy slav triad to promote Russian power within the EU. Ukraine destined to rejoin Belarus and Russia in a triad, by force.

How do I know? For the same reasons you probably do for did you not say earlier that you'd seen the entire interview, then implying greater knowledge? A couple of weeks ago, that interview was released subtitled in English.

The Arestovich interview is a prediction of Putin's intentions and the future, in which he draws on an extensive knowledge of the Russian military, regional history and intelligence. That he got it so right stuns listeners. I would encourage people to listen, for it's well worth the time. At a minimum this thread can then move beyond repeatedly postings of the propaganda-style clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xNHmHpERH8

Old 03-31-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Oh, and there is something else you need to know about this particular top advisor of Zelensky, A. Arestovich;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuZW3Mh5bfc

A bunch of amateurs they are, this "Ukrainian government."
So they should have probably all stuck with their original calling to begin with.
I would also encourage people to see erasure's 'gotcha' video on Arestovich. It's WONDERFUL. These Ukrainians are something else, a certain spirit.

The man who just gave that prescient analysis in the previous video is by training: a psychologist who studied theology at the Superior Institute of Religious Sciences of St. Thomas Aquinas. A graduate of Odessa Military Academy who worked in Ukrainian Main Intelligence for over a decade. Then beginning in 2014, prepared combat units under the reserve program and later was most recently was attached to a military unit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksiy_Arestovych

And as you can tell, he also sings. That he can sing, does not make him an "amateur." Far from it. The man ended up calling the shots on this war far better than Western intelligence and certainly Putin, who he in another analysis asserts was kept in the dark on the unreadiness of Russian combat troops months before the CIA and the Brits caught on.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
... My question is only - did they ever ask the Ukrainians, what THEIR preference was?...
This is another soundbite that you may have also repeated. It's from your original long post about Arestovich, whose interview once again is a prediction not a policy prescription. He mentions how Ukraine responds to this threat will depend, in part, on the upcoming Parliamentary elections.

So what has Zelenskyy told the Ukrainian people? This is what Britannica has on The election of Volodymyr Zelensky and continued Russian aggression

Quote:
This confirmation of Zelensky’s mandate [after the July 2019 elections Arestovich mentions] allowed him to promote a peace settlement that would see Ukrainian forces and Russian-backed insurgents withdraw from the so-called “contact line” in eastern Ukraine. Zelensky’s opponents characterized the move as a capitulation that would do nothing but legitimize Russian aggression in the Donets Basin and Crimea, but he retained widespread support from a war-weary public. ...
https://www.britannica.com/place/Ukr...ian-aggression
The next Britannica mention of peace:

Quote:
Between October and November 2021, Russia began a massive buildup of troops and military equipment along its border with Ukraine. ... By February 2022 Western defense analysts estimated that as many as 190,000 Russian troops were encircling Ukraine and warned that a Russian incursion was imminent. Putin dismissed these accusations and claimed that an accompanying Russian naval buildup in the Black Sea was a previously scheduled exercise. While Western leaders consulted with both Zelensky and Putin in an effort to stave off a Russian invasion that appeared inevitable, Putin issued demands that included de facto veto power over NATO expansion and the containment of NATO forces to countries that had been members prior to 1997. This would, in effect, remove the NATO security umbrella from eastern and southern Europe as well as the Baltic states. These proposals were flatly rejected.
https://www.britannica.com/place/Ukr...ian-aggression
Then war. Almost to the date that Arestovich predicted as the period of greatest danger. Even Ukraine joining the EU would have come with defense-provisions. The NATO issue is somewhat of a red herring, for Ukraine was nowhere near being admitted to NATO. Still he does see NATO as the only way to maintain Ukraine's independence for how many wars can Ukraine fight against Russia, with this not necessarily an entirely Putin-led policy.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:15 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post

This no surprise to people that don’t get their information from the MSM. I’ve never seen a military winning a war by losing territory and demanding more weapons and equipment from other countries because theirs had been destroyed. Russia is just pounding them, Ukraine doesn’t have the technology or equipment to respond, their Air Force is mostly gone. What they do have is well trained ground forces (NATO trained) that have done a tremendous job so far, but they are getting worn out by artillery and supply lines being cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies