Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2022, 05:30 PM

106 posts, read 28,386 times

Advertisements

Russia moves neo-Nazi headed 'Wagner Group' mercenaries to Donbas - British intelligence

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/04/4/7336994/
"Lets deNazify Ukraine and fill it with Nazis".
^^Kremlin logic.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:34 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I agree, and you are right to question.

We have been told so many lies over the past couple of years, often by our own media, and our own government, that it's very hard to know what is the truth and what isn't anymore.

I don't understand why people accept things so blindly. It's embarressing that so many just jump on whatever narrative train the media, and those that stand to gain from certain agendas, are rolling out.

Putin is a bad man. But Zelensky is certainly no Saint.

Ask yourself why the Russians would leave bodies all over the place to be photographed and used against them?

Ask, question, look at different angles. Don't just take what they show you and tell you for fact. Why do people do that? Accept things they don't REALLLY know?

A lot of corruption in Ukraine. A lot of corruption going on globally. A lot of corruption in the US too. A lot of money being bandied about here. Be careful about just accepting what first appears to be true. The Covid-19 experience should should have taught a lot of people that. But, apparently, it didn't.
You do realize that there are satellite photos showing the same bodies in the same positions that were taken BEFORE the Russians retreated? New York Times published them today. It is clear Lavrov is a liar, but it one needed "proof" of that then they are not very discerning.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:49 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
We are witnessing a livestreamed GENOCIDE

https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/1511087640149258241
Do you know what genocide means?

Moving on, if these are innocent civilians in the streets (unclear to me as Zelenskyy is on record offering anyone who wanted a machine gun to help defend their homeland, which I applaud him for), then I thoroughly condemn Russia for the atrocities. Heck, even if they aren't civilians, I still condemn Russia as I'm against Russia invading Ukraine for the reasons they did. That said, I refuse to repeat Zelenskyy's clearly exaggerated language for the heck of it.

Atrocities happen in war. But there has been no evidence to support that the hundreds of bodies Ukraine claims were found in the street amounts to anything close to a genocide.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:51 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Do you know what genocide means?
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group

And that is exactly what they are staring as their goals.

https://twitter.com/sumlenny/status/1510910740261134338

Quote:
THREAD: Russian state-owned propaganda outlet RIA published the new programmatic article with the title "What Russia must do with Ukraine". The article reveals a detailed plan for a genocide, starting from full elimination of Ukrainian state. Details below.
Quote:
1) it calls almost every Ukrainian a Nazi who deserves death. "Nazis who took weapons, must be killed in numbers as much as possible... Not just the elites, the most of the people are guilty, they are passive Nazis, Nazi enablers. They supported these elites and must be punished"
You click the link to read the rest

Old 04-04-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group

And that is exactly what they are staring as their goals.
So, you're telling me that the hundreds Zelenskyy says were found in the streets dead are (1) sufficient to warrant claims of genocide and (2) were targeted because they were Ukrainian and with the aim of destroying Ukraine or the Ukrainian people?

Putin says the Ukrainians and Russians are the same people, so the second prong would fall. And it's hard to argue that hundreds killed--as sad as those deaths are--were done so with the aim of destroying Ukrainians and the Ukrainian nation You can't aim to destroy a nation of tens of millions of people by killing hundreds. This is what I mean about exaggerated language by Zelenskyy, which does not do anything to help his credibility.

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Don't pay attention to Putin supporters no matter how much they lie or rationalize Russian war crimes. The free world is fed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOjiWXb-ooY

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You do realize that there are satellite photos showing the same bodies in the same positions that were taken BEFORE the Russians retreated? New York Times published them today. It is clear Lavrov is a liar, but it one needed "proof" of that then they are not very discerning.

Do you realize that anyone can cut'n'paste in those photos? And where NYT got the satellite images, if Pentagon said it does not have independent confirmation?

Old 04-04-2022, 05:56 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So, you're telling me that the hundreds Zelenskyy says were found in the streets dead are (1) sufficient to warrant claims of genocide and (2) were targeted because they were Ukrainian and with the aim of destroying Ukraine or the Ukrainian people?

Putin says the Ukrainians and Russians are the same people, so the second prong would fall. And it's hard to argue that hundreds killed--as sad as those deaths are--were done so with the aim of destroying Ukrainians and the Ukrainian nation You can't destroy a nation of millions or its people by killing hundreds of people. This is what I mean about exaggerated language by Zelenskyy.
Read this

https://medium.com/@kravchenko_mm/wh...st-a3e92e3cb64

Quote:
The author, a Russian political technologist, also has the audacity to talk about the Soviet occupation of Ukraine. He is trying to support Putin’s narrative about Ukraine as an artificial country. Instead, the world should remember that the Soviet Union terrorized Ukraine for almost a century with forced collectivization, Great Purge, Terror-Famine (Holodomor), forced deportation, etc.

In this article, the author is describing ways how Russians want to wipe out Ukraine in the same way the Soviet regime did it.

It’s important to spread this article. The Russian war should be stopped now. It was supposed to be stopped 8 years ago when it only began. 71% of Russians feel proud about this war. 75.5% of Russians approve of the idea of a military invasion of the next country and believe that it should be Poland. According to respondents, this is a logical continuation of the so-called “military special operation of the Russian Federation”.
GENOCIDE

Old 04-04-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
If Putin was interested in genocide, you'd see way more civilian casualties than we have now. Our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan caused way more civilian casualties than the efforts in Ukraine. And we sought to destroy the Iraqi and Afghani nations as they stood under the leadership that they had. Does that mean we were attempting genocide, too?

I don't have to like what Putin is doing to question some of the hysterical claims by Zelenskyy. Hundreds of civilian deaths in a country of tens of millions, as sad as they are, does not equal genocide or anything close to genocide.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:02 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,054,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I agree, and you are right to question.

We have been told so many lies over the past couple of years, often by our own media, and our own government, that it's very hard to know what is the truth and what isn't anymore.

I don't understand why people accept things so blindly. It's embarressing that so many just jump on whatever narrative train the media, and those that stand to gain from certain agendas, are rolling out.

Putin is a bad man. But Zelensky is certainly no Saint.

Ask yourself why the Russians would leave bodies all over the place to be photographed and used against them?

Ask, question, look at different angles. Don't just take what they show you and tell you for fact. Why do people do that? Accept things they don't REALLLY know?

A lot of corruption in Ukraine. A lot of corruption going on globally. A lot of corruption in the US too. A lot of money being bandied about here. Be careful about just accepting what first appears to be true. The Covid-19 experience should should have taught a lot of people that. But, apparently, it didn't.
Questioning is good....

But in this case, who else killed these civilians? Ukrainians killed their own people...no.
Russian soldiers killed these civilians in Bucha....
walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

And was not just a few 'rogue soldiers" (no pun intended RogueMom)...
this was sanctioned...all the way from the top...the little guy in the Kremlin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies