Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 03:53 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Nice symbolic gesture but does nothing to stop the butcher Putin. Giving Ukrainians the weapons they ask for is a better way to stop Russian invaders.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:54 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
See the difference? The US has gone where not even remote ties of any kind could be made . Russia has gone into place where ya know actual Russians are and are not enjoying life because proxy wars and color revolutions keep mysteriously popping up.
Execution of the occupational strategy is also important. Americans reportedly often triggered local hostilities by just not knowing (or not caring) about local customs. When Russians initially invaded the Afghanistan, they were mostly Muslims in the spearhead. No hostilities until the year after...

Old 04-07-2022, 04:01 PM

13,236 posts, read 7,286,273 times
2 Russian tanks "Taken out" Worst place to be in this war inside a Russian tank.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:01 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The HYSTERIA.

It needs to be constantly whipped up and keep on going - who cares what the true events/ findings are at this point.
Nonsense. Personally I don't care for this Putin-created disaster to escalate into a direct NATO-Russian confrontation. It is, of course, to Ukraine's advantage to further involve foreign powers.

That said, given the vast amount of destruction, widespread civilian deaths, multiplicity of witnesses and various types of evidence, i think it highly unlikely that each and every alleged Russian war crime can be "explained away."

The UN not to mention The Hague appear more than highly concerned about what Russia is doing to Ukraine the country and to the Ukrainian people. Russia has been told to halt its operations there, but of course Putin will ignore that.

So this remains early days with no doubt many more deaths to come. Certainly none of this would have occured had Putin not said go, to the surprise of most surrounding even him. Should there be some "HYSTERIA" about these poor people. You betcha.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:03 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Nonsense. Personally I don't care for this Putin-created disaster to escalate into a direct NATO-Russian confrontation. It is, of course, to Ukraine's advantage to further involve foreign powers.

That said, given the vast amount of destruction, widespread civilian deaths, multiplicity of witnesses and various types of evidence, i think it highly unlikely that each and every alleged Russian war crime can be "explained away."

The UN not to mention The Hague appear more than highly concerned about what Russia is doing to Ukraine the country and to the Ukrainian people. Russia has been told to halt its operations there, but of course Putin will ignore that.

So this remains early days with no doubt many more deaths to come. Certainly none of this would have occured had Putin not said go, to the surprise of most surrounding even him. Should there be some "HYSTERIA" about these poor people. You betcha.
Yeah, accuse the SWAT team for death of hostages...

Old 04-07-2022, 04:08 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:

This was started by NATO insurgency. When the snipers shot both the police and the protestors I only knew who would lose and that is Ukraine.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:15 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:

In war, the first casualty is truth.

I'd rather wait for an investigation. There have been way too many false flags and false accusations in recent time. Syria using biological/chemical weapons was one. But when it's the west using weapons of extremely high destructive power, it appears that this is not a problem to some observers (I'm not talking about you).

There have been, since 2014, an estimated 14,000 dead civilians in the Donbass. Ukrainian military forces as well as those whom certain observers (raises hand) label "Nazis" (Right Sector, Azov, Svoboda) have used military hardware on them for that long. Websites which lean both right and left have spoken about this. In fact, up until late February, the very websites which lean left which today attack Putin were condemning what was being done to the Russians in the Donbass.

I've seen photographs of dead Russian women with swastikas burned on their skin. I've seen videos of Ukraine fighters in the homes of Donbass Russians with everyone forced to lie on their faces while they mockingly play the homeowners' piano. I've seen a video where a Ukrainian fighter uses a knife to carve out a captured and tied-up Russian soldier's eyes before he shoots him dead. I've seen a video of Ukrainians forcing a captured Russian soldier to call his mother, and then the Ukrainians mock her.

Putin not saying "go" would have also meant the Donbass Russians would have continued to die. This is a very complex and very ugly picture, but it is also one with a lot of history and detail which the mainstream media is doing a great job of getting people not to pay attention to.

Furthermore - and again, I do not include YOU in this - a lot of people view this situation with an extremely simplistic lens (Putin bad, Zelensky hero; Russia evil, Ukraine poor victim) when there's a lot more to it.

Ukrainian civilians do not deserve to die, but some of their politicians are profoundly corrupt. Ukraine is corrupt as hell. And Putin would not have said "go" had the west agreed to keep Ukraine out of plans to expand NATO. The problem for the west and for a lot of people who live in the west is that they are too used to lying politicians. Putin gave warnings aplenty and when he acted on them, the west was shocked.

Putin is no nice guy and certainly no Boy Scout, but he meant what he said and he said what he meant.

I stand by an earlier assessment I made in this thread, even if my "predictions" of dates were ultimately proven to be off.... Russia will win this war.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:27 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Yeah, accuse the SWAT team for death of hostages...
The SWAT team went to the wrong house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This was started by NATO insurgency. When the snipers shot both the police and the protestors I only knew who would lose and that is Ukraine.
This topic has already been discussed here in excruciating detail. You are late to the game. But feel free to repeat.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:06 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
It appears some people think making jokes about cooked infants is funny.

I personally think killing the unborn is horrible, but then again, that's just me - and I also think killing women and children is evil.

The Ukrainians have been doing this for 8 years, but those who in this thread accuse posters whose views are different of being "Russians" or "Putin apologists" showed none of the indignation they've been showing since late February.

Oh well.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:10 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Is that the same UN Human Rights commission that includes Qatar and Somalia?
It's a good first step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies