Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 09:07 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Looks like perhaps a 1000. So a 1000 are controlling a country of 44 million?

That's not the full number of them ( only part of them arrived to Kiev for the occasion; looks like "the best platoons.") ( And this doesn't include the Nationalist Battalions of Azov type.)

But yes, people are afraid of them.

Enough of Ukrainians have been murdered/maimed by them.
So yes, they are the minority, but very violent minority, and supported by the government AND official law enforcement system - be that police, courts, Ministry of Internal affairs ( read KGB equivalent.)

Old 04-07-2022, 09:09 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's not the full number of them ( only part of them arrived to Kiev for occasion.) ( And this doesn't include the Nationalist Battalions of Azov type.)

But yes, people are afraid of them.

Enough of Ukrainians have been murdered/maimed by them.
So yes, they are the minority, but very violent minority, and supported by the government AND official law enforcement system - be that police, courts, Ministry of Internal affairs ( read KGB equivalent.)
So whats the number? You keep saying its more, then whats the amount?

Old 04-07-2022, 09:13 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
I am sorry, I already listened to the FULL version of that interview and confirmed to you that he not only PREDICTED, but ACCEPTED this war as a price to join NATO, without asking Ukrainian public ( referendum would a nice thing for this purpose,) whether THEY would like to accept such price for joining NATO or not.
You only discussed the full version of the interview after **I** linked it in this thread. Previously you referenced having heard it but only cited a selective clip that someone (not you) appeared to make as propaganda. Plus you need not confirm anything to me for I understand English (subtitles).

As for your Ukrainian referendum request, the date of the interview came BEFORE the Parliamentary elections in 2019 the results that Arestovich indicated would shape future steps. Can you imagine an American politician being this straightforward? Here you make an extraneous and wrong insinuation.

Quote:
But Zelensky government - yes, they made such decision ( according to Arestovich at least,) - the war with Russia as a price for joining NATO.
Arestovych said no such thing. Never mentioned what Zelensky or the larger government thought much less a decision. Pure fabrication. It's not even clear what position if any Arestovych had at the time of the interview in 2019 although he's referred to as an advisor.

Quote:
I was the one pointing at it, and I was the one differentiating between "being attacked by Russia" vs "being absorbed by Russia" for purely economic reasons.
That was your interpretation of the word "absorbed" saying he was talking about economic absorption although economic issues - either Ukraine's nor Russia's - are NEVER mentioned. Arestovych's interview focused on time periods for projected Russian invasions - three periods of greatest risk - saying without future NATO membership some day Ukraine would be "finished."

His exact word, and no he does not mean economically finished or economically absorbed or any of your interpretations. For heaven's sakes, he's a military and intelligence analyst not a financial advisor.

Quote:
NONE of them, in that government are ever "in sync."
So now you ADMIT he's not a mouthpiece for Zelenskyy or the larger Ukrainian government?

Quote:
90% of them are so inept, unfit for their positions, and never know for sure what they are going to do/announce next.

Arestovish is one of the typical adventurers - I just don't want to get into details of his "governmental career," but lets' put it this way - one of the people ( Ukrainians) I listen to for the latest news, doesn't refer to him in any other way but "Lucille Aresotovich" by the name of that female character that he played in the comedy.

He comes across as a good comedian/interesting person to chat with, ( pretty much the same as Zelensky,) just not as a politician of any serious caliber.
You don't want to get into the details of his governmental career? Which details, the many I last provided? Aresotovich was WONDERFUL as a female impersonator. Not being sarcastic, but I truly loved the clip you provided.

Arestovych is not joking on the interview. Deadly serious. A decade in military intelligence put him way ahead of the Russian FSB. With Putin the most inept head of state with this invasion debacle.

SO THIS IS THE FIFTH RECAP?

Last edited by EveryLady; 04-07-2022 at 09:21 PM..

Old 04-07-2022, 09:19 PM

Quote:
So whats the number? You keep saying its more, then whats the amount?

Do you think they report their numbers OFFICIALLY somewhere at any given time, these "activists?"
I would guess the Ministry of Internal affairs is well aware of their numbers in different cities, particularly when it needs a "helping hand" during certain events.

Of course I don't know the exact numbers of members of all these organizations - how much each and every one of them has.

But there are obviously enough of them for the government to rely upon them, and it's enough for oligarchs to hire them for their own purposes.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Do you think they report their numbers OFFICIALLY somewhere at any given time, these "activists?"
I would guess the Ministry of Internal affairs is well aware of their numbers in different cities, particularly when it needs a "helping hand" during certain events.

Of course I don't know the exact numbers of members of all these organizations - how much each and every one of them has.

But there are obviously enough of them for the government to rely upon them, and it's enough for oligarchs to hire them for their own purposes.
If you dont know the number then how can you insist that their numbers are enough to control 44 million people?

Old 04-07-2022, 09:39 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
When did NATO threaten Russia?
Glad you asked...

Here are some basic facts known to anyone -
a) NATO grows Eastwards and incorporates new members, trying to get as close as possible to the Russian border.

b) NATO reserves the right to place any missile in any country of the NATO, including nuclear.
c) NATO generals and USA politicians call for active invasion in response to this or that "improper behavior" of Russia.

Russia in response asks to keep a barrier of neutral countries around its borders (to prevent troops build up and possibility of undeclared invasion), asks to keep nuclear missiles to the countries that owns them (so that it knows where to stike back if anything happens), and asks not to place missiles in countries bordering Russia.

I think those are reasonable requests, I don't think USA would love to see Russian missiles in Mexico or Cuba, would it?

Yet, NATO refuses to accept those terms, and ignores those requests. That looks suspicious, and if history teaches us anything, then it's the fact that once every 100 years the West will try to invade Russia.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
If you dont know the number then how can you insist that their numbers are enough to control 44 million people?

Because I saw them in action time after time, because I've listened to their politicians and average citizens alike on a daily basis, because I've read plenty of their media/reports - that's how I know how Ukrainian state operates, and what role these paramilitary units play.

So while I don't know their exact numbers, I know their numbers were enough to keep general population "in check" - local governments including, since these militant gangs are present there from time to time, to make sure that the councils vote the "right way."

Old 04-07-2022, 09:41 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Educate yourself.

Ukraine was a free state, away from Russia for 30 years.

They still managed to turn to Nazi-style ideology.
Right. They elected a Jewish guy with relatives who died in the Nazi's final solution.

There is no leader in the world now who is more a Nazi than dear Vladimir. Look at his language. its almost like he translated Hitler's speeches from German to Russian and changed the term communist to Nazi.

Look at the Russian state with its suppression of freedom and cozy relationship between industry moguls and government. Its very Nazi Germany.

20 million Russians died to stop the Fascists. Then they turn around and let Putin in the front door.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:42 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
... The WSJ recently revealed the fact that Russia had made the offer to Ukraine weeks before military operations commenced, that if Ukraine simply declared their intention to remain neutral and not join NATO, Russia would take military action off the table, and guarantee Ukraine’s security. Ukraine rejected the proposal.

But the totally one sided tilt to the narrative has most people blinded with propaganda. This Russian “invasion” was in fact totally avoidable, and while I am not championing the war by any means, this was not an unprovoked action, and could have been easily prevented by agreeing to those very reasonable terms. ...
The WSJ did not have to specifically ”reveal” anything for Putin's terms were widely reported. Two parts, one you skipped which was NATO signatories after 1997 to remove all NATO troops and armaments within their borders. No country including Ukraine agreed to Putin's demands.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Because I saw them in action time after time, because I've listened to their politicians and average citizens alike on a daily basis, because I've read plenty of their media/reports - that's how I know how Ukrainian state operates, and what role these paramilitary units play.

So while I don't know their exact numbers, I know their numbers were enough to keep general population "in check" - local governments including, since these militant gangs are present there from time to time, to make sure that the councils vote the "right way."
If a few thousand people can control a population of 44 million, perhaps those 44 million people arent concerned about those few thousand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies