Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2022, 06:32 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
HERE: This isn't what I saw but my original post listed a name of a German journalist who also captured screenshots. Twitter searching his name goes right to one:

The thread is more detailed that what I read. Only briefly skimmed but it provides the chain back to Russian state news:

https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/st...65048018132997
If you care to read what is in that screenshot, it says "our sources in Kramatorks report that area near railroad station was hit. <new line>We are also getting reports that Ukrainian Army brought there an train with heavy armored vehicles. This information is being verified".

So, as you can see, it hasn't been an official Russian statement, even if the reported works for the 1st Channel. It also does not say that it was hit by Russian missile. And the last statement was not deemed as reliable by the person reported.

How can this statement be a proof of anything? IDK...

Old 04-09-2022, 06:33 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If only people knew how much communism is already in the US for decades.

Us Plebes will never really know anything.

If indeed UKR has been shelling Donbass/Luhansk region without ever taking any territory back, then they just doing it to cause sheer terror and make everyone miserable. That does sound like a legit reason to go in.

And it does not seem like RU has even touched the western half of the country like around Lyviv.
They've been bombing it. You haven't paid much attention. But it isn't getting front line level bombing.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:36 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Why don't you invite a family or two of Ukrainian refugees to stay in your house? That would be meaningful.

Btw, people from Germany refuse to help Ukrainian refugees in any way after seeing them up close. A friend reported, their neighbors let Ukrainian refugees into their empty apartment, only to see when they left all walls covered with sh-t.

They're almost everywhere here since i'm in eastern europe and on the black sea, say if I go outside during the day I'll see 10-20+ Ukrainian cars in an hour or two. And I am actually doing it - my mother emailed me just today that someone from Ukraine is looking for a place to rent since I have apartment nearby empty, I told her since they don't have a lot of money likely it's better for them to get it for free and to tell them. Also 3-4 days ago I saw 2 boys speaking ukrainian I think but very young around 15 and I thought about stopping by to ask them and give them money or so but they disappeared in some hotel known for the owner who hosts refugees. I'm also helping in other ways but too long to explain.

And: Everyone knows Germany won't help you unless you're strict believer in Islam lol, no surprise here.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:37 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Russian official sources don't tell a thing or two, but so far they haven't been seen blatantly lying. Western Sources are smart, they do not forget to add "according to Ukrainian sources", "allegedly", etc... So, they don't lie themselves, just retell Ukrainian lies. Ukrainian sources, are a mixed bag. Some are outright lying, others are relatively correct. But I'd not rely on Arestovich's or Zelensky statements at all, it's all propaganda.
Oh come on. The Russian sources have lied repeatedly. I'm not going to go to the work to prove it to you because you obviously have your mind made up. Anyone can look up their lies on Bucha.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:39 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am not remotely Welsh which makes you comment hilarious.I chose it because I happened to be reading about it at the time and I knew i would not have to use johnsmith457 . Ever hear the story of chrisraygun? Are you from the province of Swakey?

You are annihilating anything that you represent with a lack of basic competence. You do not vet anything you are trying to put together on flimsy resources and assumptions. Not everyone is trying to express an identity with a handle.
You seem very upset with me pointing out Russian state media lies. Why?

Are you paid to be upset?

Old 04-09-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
You seem very upset with me pointing out Russian state media lies. Why?

Are you paid to be upset?

Putinbots are a thing you know...I find it half-hilarious that erasure here used to mention Tucker Carlson occasionally and then...US media said that the Kremlin uses Tucker C. officially as a propaganda tool. Go figure.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
And: Everyone knows Germany won't help you unless you're strict believer in Islam lol, no surprise here.
My wife tried to get an advice for an Ukrainian refugee and her acquaintances in Germany turned her down - sorry, we know you, we would help you, but don't even ask us to help to those pesky Ukrainians, not even with an advice.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Putinbots are a thing you know...I find it half-hilarious that erasure here used to mention Tucker Carlson occasionally and then...US media said that the Kremlin uses Tucker C. officially as a propaganda tool. Go figure.
I never actually heard Tucker Carlson to support Russia.... His primary concern is USA and its internal affairs. I call him the Golden Voice of USA, the last one for the truth. But I realize he speaks only for 50% of the Americans (the smarter one), not for all.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
My wife tried to get an advice for an Ukrainian refugee and her acquaintances in Germany turned her down - sorry, we know you, we would help you, but don't even ask us to help to those pesky Ukrainians, not even with an advice.

Let's get to the meat and butter: Are you hinting that Russians living in eastern europe are...better than Ukrainians lol? That will be the joke of the century. It's about as hilarious as hinting that Chinese tourists in Italy are less noisy than the Swiss ones.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:51 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
If you care to read what is in that screenshot, it says "our sources in Kramatorks report that area near railroad station was hit. <new line>We are also getting reports that Ukrainian Army brought there an train with heavy armored vehicles. This information is being verified".

So, as you can see, it hasn't been an official Russian statement, even if the reported works for the 1st Channel. It also does not say that it was hit by Russian missile. And the last statement was not deemed as reliable by the person reported.

How can this statement be a proof of anything? IDK...
I'm willing to wait for an investigation to trace the missile provenance. Erasure asked for the screenshot. Then realized a way for me to find one.

Still try to find that screenshot right now on ANNA NEWS. It is scrubbed or not?

Plus there was more:
Pro-Kremlin Telegram channels reported Russian forces were firing at Ukrainian "militants" at the railway station. Again deleted once the photos of dead civilians started appearing.

The Daily Beast reported that Russian soldiers were bragging about the hit on Telegram , but again messages scrubbed.

Reported by Newsweek I believe. I've never seen those screenshots.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukra...peskov-1696344

As mentioned, the Pentagon press conference attributed this to Russia on the basis of the now-withdrawn claim. Their call, not mine.

If only because there appears to be an ammunition train at the station, it's highly unlikely the Ukrainians deliberately would fire in that area. Could one of the missiles go completely haywire if fired from where Moscow asserted? Then Russians decided to claim it as their shot. Until they realized the extent of civilian casualties and thought the better of it? IDK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies