Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Miss the Trump Presidency?
Yes 201 75.00%
No 61 22.76%
Maybe/Not Sure/Don't Know/Other 6 2.24%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 10:50 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
By the poll numbers, not much faith in our demented president.
If this same question was posed on Reddit, the numbers would be flipped and worse. It all depends on the audience. This poll proves that City-Data mainly attracts people with common sense and who love their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 10:52 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
On almost every front, things seem to have gotten worse since Joe Biden replaced Donald Trump as President. From inflation to Afghanistan to the stock market to war in Europe, the world seems a more chaotic and unpredictable place.

On top of all that, the pandemic worsened under Biden, with over half a million dead and counting - far more than under Biden than Trump despite the availability of multiple vaccines and therapeutics.

So, do you miss the peace and prosperity of the Trump years?
If not for the insane, destructive, lunatic, racist, bigoted, and totalitarian Democrats, our nation would be a much more peaceful place.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:57 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Liberal response:

No. I prefer misery, uncertainty, high fuel cost, high living expense, runaway inflation, watching any money I may have saved lose it's value each month, and watching two wars: the first being Vladimir waltzing into Ukraine, and the second, a drooling, incompetent, mentally vacant, babbling old goat sitting in the White House having a war trying to control his own bladder.
Not to mention, worrying that you could be canceled, vilified and punished, simply for voicing a different opinion than the Democrats, or for simply not agreeing with their views.

It wasn't Democrats who have been hunted down and beaten simply for wearing a hat, t-shirt or bumper sticker for their political candidates. All you need to do is wear a red MAGA hat as a 15 year old school kid, and the left will assassinate your character and vilify you endlessly on TV, news and social media. The repubs didn't do that, the dems did.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:59 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
By all means feel free to see your children, and or grandchildren off to the war zone.
Or like most others on the left you are expecting other peoples children to die on some frozen farm field in the Ukraine for your arm chair general fantasies?
I have a 19 yo son, and there is not one god dammed thing in the Ukraine or Europe for that matter worth his life for.
Maybe its time for the European's to step up and stop hiding behind America's military. Without the US the whole of NATO couldn't fight off Canada.
There are laws in place that if your son is the only one to carry on the family name and has no son's of his own, he cannot be deployed. My son falls into that law (along with another thing that qualifies him to not deploy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
America hangs her head in shame as the ex-President who inspired an insurrection calls Putin's violent aggression "genius."
Go listen to the interview. When one keeps using the media's talking points, it shows one is not bright enough to take the time to research if it is true or not. I promise the media likes to twist stuff. They have done it for years especially when it comes to Trump

Old 02-24-2022, 11:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
On almost every front, things seem to have gotten worse since Joe Biden replaced Donald Trump as President. From inflation to Afghanistan to the stock market to war in Europe, the world seems a more chaotic and unpredictable place.

On top of all that, the pandemic worsened under Biden, with over half a million dead and counting - far more than under Biden than Trump despite the availability of multiple vaccines and therapeutics.

So, do you miss the peace and prosperity of the Trump years?
I preface this with having voted for Trump in 2020 and did so because it made sense to me for there to be continuity in the midst of a global pandemic. Nothing more or less.

In November 2020- mid 2021, it was believed the vaccine would be one (2 doses) and done. No bigger champions than Trump and Biden.

Then came the Delta variant, twice as contagious as the original virus. Vaccine was not as effective against the Delta variant as it was against the original.

Then we learn in July, 2021, the efficacy of vaccine begins to wane at the 5–6-month mark.

Then came the Omicron variant, 4 X as contagious as the original virus and the vaccine was not nearly as good as it was against the original virus.

What we do know is that 90% of the fatalities attributed to Covid complications were among the unvaccinated.

We also know Trump has been booed by his supporters when he has encouraged the masses to get vaccinated.

There is nothing remotely factual that Covid would have followed a different path based on who won the 2020 election. It is an equal opportunity infector.

POTUS does not control inflation. If a POTUS did there would be no inflation. Inflation began in 2020 and has persisted. Short of imposing wage/price freeze ad controls by EO, as Nixon did in 1970, there is nothing a POTUS can do.

Shortages of chips, chemicals etc began in 2020 and has persisted.

Biden inherited a No-Win situation in Afghanistan. Trump would have been in the same position. Trump Admin negotiated with the Taliban, agreed to facilitate the release of 5000 Taliban fighters from Afghan prisons and did so in 2020. It also agreed to withdraw all troops by 5/2021. Trump boasted all would be home for the holidays in 2020. Instead, only 1250 remained out of a one time high of 100,000, remained at the point of transition. Nothing seems to be known about the Trump's Admin vetting of Afghans who had been helpful to the US over the years.

Trump, like Biden, would have faced the dilemma of redeploying a massive number of troops, as Bush, Obama and Trump had done in the past when things went sideways. No one knows what Trump would have done in 2021 under the same circumstances.

POTUS does not control the markets. If a POTUS did, it would never decline. FRB indicated it would increase the Fed Fund rate by .25 in March 2022 which impacted markets.

The uncertainty in Europe has subsequently caused the market to react. This uncertainty existed no matter what any POTUS said or did, or not. Beyond " It's all Biden's fault" Trump has said nothing. meaningful. One day he supports Russia as a peacekeeper. The next day he says Biden is too weak to stand up to Russia.

You did not mention immigration. On that, Biden owns it

Old 03-05-2022, 06:37 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
As the European ground war rages on, I wonder if any of the 34 "no" votes have reconsidered.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:41 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
As the European ground war rages on, I wonder if any of the 34 "no" votes have reconsidered.
God I hope not , hopefully the others change their vote.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:20 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Remind me again what happened to Mr Coumo, and which state he is currently the governor of.

I dont like Trump because the guy is crude, obnoxious, and not the sort of man I want to represent me or my country. Its shameful that he did, and acted so poorly that he is the current record holder for impeachments for a us president. Thats nothing to be proud of. Nor him bragging about forcing women to kiss him, and how they allow it because he has money.

Nor am I fond of someone who loses a US election, then whines like a baby and claims the other side cheated with ZERO actual evidence not created by his team. Its unamerican.

Im not fond of someone who thought it was more important to make other peoples lives worse, then to focus on improving everyones life.

Im not fond of someone who says LITERALLY "take the firearms first go through due process second" like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI
Yep.

And Trump chooses to behave like that/display that lack of character.

If he cared, Trump could correct those things and not change re policies.

He didn't. He didn't give enough of a flying f to do so.

That there are so many Trumpers who are just fine with the way he acts/demand so little re character from a President is pathetic.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:22 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yep.

And Trump chooses to behave like that/display that lack of character.

If he cared, Trump could correct those things and not change re policies.

He didn't. He didn't give enough of a flying f to do so.

That there are so many Trumpers who are just fine with the way he acts/demand so little re character from a President is pathetic.
For anyone who backs Oatmeal and the Hyena to say the bolded is laughable hypocrisy.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:32 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
If Trump didn't have such a fragile ego, he would have gone down as one of the best president's in history. However, based on Biden's lack of action on everything and anything, I'd take Trump back in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies