Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 01:55 PM

27,096 posts, read 15,289,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Trump did not make an ally out of Putin. He was a fanboy to Putin. He cowered in front of a stronger male. Leave it to the Alt-Right to try and blame everyone BUT Putin, Trumps ex-boss for what's going on. Typical OANN nonsense.

Talk about typical.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 02:07 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,085,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wrong.

Agreed, we were not energy independent under Obama. We increased our oil output to highest levels in decades but that's admittedly not the same.

wrong again. we import more oil from Russia then from all but two other countries, Canada and Mexico.
Disagree: your statement does not address energy independence.

You specifically said 'oil'. I stated 'energy' regarding Russia and China. Oil is just one aspect. But while on that subject:

We produce nearly HALF of our own oil. The rest is from foreign imports as you stated.

However, your comment serves to upgrade Russian contributions while in reality, it's 7 percent. While not totally insignificant, it pales in comparison as Canada is by far and above the biggest, and that does not constitute reliance on Russian oil (China does not even apply).;

On the European side, Russia is the single largest energy producer for that continent. THAT is reliance.

With all this said, your statement also doesn't account for renewable energy. Renewables account for 10% of total US energy use.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:17 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,247,839 times
LOL! Cowered? Did you not see the handshake between them where Trump pulls him close and towers over him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Trump did not make an ally out of Putin. He was a fanboy to Putin. He cowered in front of a stronger male. Leave it to the Alt-Right to try and blame everyone BUT Putin, Trumps ex-boss for what's going on. Typical OANN nonsense.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:28 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,768,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree. Yes, he did. Just a few days ago. Giddily. I really couldn't understand what in the world he found so wonderful about Putin invading Ukraine, but he said it and then elaborated.
Wow. Well. what I don't understand is how after all this time some people choose to be so obtuse when it comes to Trump's method of speaking. I personally never cared for his way of putting things but I do have the God given sense to understand what he is saying and this goes for his over the top flowery adjectives to the not so subtle sarcasm to the downright in your face do you get it now dummy. It's pitiful to see grown people not understanding something so simple 5 year children have a automatic grasp of.

Let me be clear (for the simple minded) on what I'm about to say next. I am no fan of Russia. I will say Trump was right in what he said about Putin's actions being genius and I was thinking the same thing before Trump just up and said it. You know why? Because it's true. The other day my neighbor said "that Putin is a stupid jerk". I told her, he may be lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. He has taken his time, kept his mouth shut, worked out his strategy very much like a cunning old fox.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it, acknowledging someone's abilities is in no way approving of said abilities. I can't understand how anyone can get the two confused. I said it myself, watch Putin, he's making his moves slowly and deliberately. It's like watching someone with a very well thought out, strategic plan methodically playing a board game.

There's no point in anyone trying to explain Trump's nature. If you haven't been able to figure it out by now you never will be. To all you libs who like to sneer and say oh, you're taking up for your boy Trump, that's laughable. If there's one person in this world I'd say who doesn't need or want anyone 'taking up for him' it would be Trump. I almost pity you that you cannot understand the most simple fact here and that is you call Trump stupid, he turns right around and calls you stupider. You say, well, that's childish, Trump says what the hell do I care. You see, it's just a losing battle, you might as well give up or then again, keep bashing your heads on a brick wall.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:42 PM

6,958 posts, read 2,692,678 times
Remember Hillary and her stupid Russia "reset" button and Barack whispering to the Russians about "having more flexibility after the election"? Putin is still laughing about those buffoons.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:45 PM

17,515 posts, read 13,309,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Remember when they said Trump would start WWIII?"

I well remember.

This is what happens when we have a mail-order resident in the WH.

I wish I could rep you again

Old 02-24-2022, 03:07 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,855,486 times
I’m just going to say this once and then I want nothing more to do with this debate. It is not Biden that makes America look weak. This right here is what makes America look weak - the division and infighting that Russia spent years cultivating with armies of trolls. Every intelligence agency on Earth was warning that this was happening for years and no one bothered to notice because they were busy arguing about which party was ruining America more and whether America’s political leaders were drinking baby blood for youth and vigor.

You are blaming your own democratic system for a tyrant’s tyranny. As if Putin gave two sh*ts about Donald Trump. There are other factors besides who the president is that make a nation strong or weak. In a democratic system, a government is only as strong as the people it represents. And if half the country says it doesn’t represent them…then that is all its enemies need to know.

I think it’s important that all of us in free and democratic countries keep that in mind as we decide if we are in this together or if we want to score political points and wax poetic about a president that was so unpopular he could not win re-election or a Prime Minister who doesn’t even make the laws. That is how democracy works - we are free to choose and we accept it as part of our system. It is why we are better than Russia, stronger than Russia. They have only their money and weapons. Not their people or any meaningful allies. Collectively, NATO can obliterate Russia and make Putin and his oligarchs wish they were never born. Or NATO’s largest power can decide that it wants to abandon democracy because some of them still haven’t come to grips with the results of an election that is at the core of what makes their nation great. Whatever you guys do, we will stand and fight as we did in 1914 and 1939.

Old 02-24-2022, 03:10 PM

33,983 posts, read 17,018,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Why would Russia agree to accept only Ukriane? They already have Ukraine. If A bully wants your lunch money and you offer to allow him to keep his shoes instead - you are still going to lose your lunch money. Russia will get more than just Ukraine before this is over.
Just like Hitler, they would keep adding acquired nations. Biden will be dumb enough to suggest a truce gifting the Ukraine to Putin.

Old 02-24-2022, 03:23 PM

30,123 posts, read 11,749,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No one would ever mess with the USA under Trump. The key is nothing in weapons should ever be off the table. Biden already said "No land war" which says to Putin "US waves white flag".

I expect us to negotiate gifting Ukraine to Russia, just as Europe's leaders gifted territory about 80 years ago to a madman.

Putin has Europe at his mercy with their reliance on Russian oil. And he will slowly pick off NATO countries one at a time. If Europe was serious about stopping Putin they would have kicked Russia off of Swift and confiscated Putin's holdings around the world. Putin has already said if western countries try to stop him he will use nuclear weapons against them.

Old 02-24-2022, 03:29 PM

2,600 posts, read 1,162,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I honestly believe that the libs are using the book 1984 as a training manual.

OMG I have thought the same thing because I see similarities too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies