Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 12:30 PM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times

Advertisements

We could said then Bill Maher is on fire. He said loudly what some Canadians feel in their minds about Justin Trudeau.
https://beckernews.com/bill-maher-on...-hitler-44120/

Quote:
Justin Trudeau’s increasingly authoritarian position on Canadians who disagree with him is going so swimmingly that it is now drawing ‘Hitler’ comparisons from liberal hosts abroad.

On “Real Time” with Bill Maher on Friday, the host shared a few of Trudeau’s more insulting remarks with the audience. The response was quite illuminating.
https://rumble.com/vur16s-bill-maher...ke-hitler.html

The clip in question is also on Youtube for those who don't like Rumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWU8Bi8FqQg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 12:35 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
The ties between Trudeau's rhetoric and Hitler are undeniable.

Old 02-12-2022, 12:50 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
The announcement as to how the Canadian government would "handle" the protest by possibly imposing massive fines, impounding their vehicles and then auctioning off those vehicles reminded me very much of how the Nazis handled things back in 1938.

The following article is from The Smithsonian, and although the first few paragraphs contain historical background, the middle paragraphs are very relevant to what is happening today -- not only in describing HOW Jewish assets were seized and the justification the Nazis used, but how they went about making the Jews into an evil people who deserved what they got. (Sound familiar?)

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...eal-180968894/

Although the entire article is excellent, for those who don't want to read or click on a link, this is just one very small section of the article -- quote, my italics:

"[The Nazis] also encouraged the belief that Jews grew wealthy through theft from Aryans. “The robbery part [of Hitler’s decree] is embedded in this ideology that these people are parasites who attach themselves to us, and they live by sucking our blood, and we are entitled to punish them and take it all back,” says Peter Hayes, professor emeritus of history and German at Northwestern University and the author of How Was It Possible? A Holocaust Reader."
END QUOTE

And yet many leftists insist that we on the right who value freedom and equality for ALL are "the Nazis". I will never be able to understand how they can think that way.

Old 02-12-2022, 01:06 PM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
‘I’m surprised that Trudeau said those things” Marianne. She obviously don’t know anything about him. It makes Marianne naive about politics. Trudeau cried and praised Fidel Castro when he died. Liberals are sometimes slow and live in a bubble.

Old 02-12-2022, 01:13 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,845 times
Biden - “our patience is running thin”
Macron - “unvaccinated are not citizens”
Trudeau- “holding unacceptable thoughts”

This ladies and gentlemen are the people who see fascism everywhere and claimed to be worried about totalitarianism when Trump was in power.

What a bunch of clowns

Old 02-12-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post

This ladies and gentlemen are the people who see fascism everywhere and claimed to be worried about totalitarianism when Trump was in power.

What a bunch of clowns
Although I agree with the point you are making, I wish that people would stop using the word "clowns" to describe those who would turn the U.S. and/or Canada into authoritarian/totalitarian dictatorships.

Clowns are usually harmless (with a few notable exceptions like John Wayne Gacy) and most of them only want to entertain people and make children laugh.

People like Trudeau and those in charge of Biden are NOT harmless -- in fact, their aim (in my opinion) is to destroy.

I am not sure what word to substitute for "clowns" to describe them, but I am open to ideas.

Old 02-12-2022, 01:22 PM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:

What a bunch of clowns

Trudeau cried about Fidel Castro's death and said this cr@p:" We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.” This is the POS running the country next to us.

Funny is Fidel had the same thought on many Cubans and saying they had "unacceptable thoughts"

Trudeau is a clown.

Old 02-12-2022, 01:32 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:

What a bunch of clowns
Liberals are often fascists. Conservatives welcome free speech.

Old 02-12-2022, 01:36 PM

I just watched the video, and the part where Maher quotes Trudeau as saying the unvaccinated "take up space" reminded me of the quote attributed to Henry Kissinger about "useless eaters". (I have never actually seen a reliable source for that quote or for Kissinger actually saying that.)

Now, in fairness, I think that Trudeau might have said or meant "taking up space in hospitals", but if not . . . I shudder to think that the leader of Canada would actually think this way about many of Canada's citizens. And, actually, even if he did mean taking up space in hospitals, it makes me wonder what he would like to do with the very sick and unvaccinated instead?

Old 02-12-2022, 01:57 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Although I agree with the point you are making, I wish that people would stop using the word "clowns" to describe those who would turn the U.S. and/or Canada into authoritarian/totalitarian dictatorships.

Clowns are usually harmless (with a few notable exceptions like John Wayne Gacy) and most of them only want to entertain people and make children laugh.

People like Trudeau and those in charge of Biden are NOT harmless -- in fact, their aim (in my opinion) is to destroy.

I am not sure what word to substitute for "clowns" to describe them, but I am open to ideas.
So in effect like John Wayne Gacy... Scary thought but does kind of put it in perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies