Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 12:26 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times

Advertisements

They had a chance to join NATO and didn’t. Now they’re at the mercy of whatever is on Putin’s mind for the day.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 12:32 PM

2,715 posts, read 2,216,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
We need to STOP purchasing oil from Russia, like yesterday. Why isn't our President opening up new drilling and lease permits to supply Europe with oil? It's like he's purposefully trying to sabotage America and Europe, while funding the enemy. It's insane!
Because he is a senile idiot!!

Old 02-25-2022, 12:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
How many ways can you spell Russian propaganda?

This Shoigo guy has been running around with his head chopped off babbling about Ukraine’s intent to reacquire nuclear capabilities and is doing so to manipulate perceptions of Russians.

It does not look good when Russians are protesting the invasion. Then again, maybe those are fake protests.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:40 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You should get your money back.

America does everything for only one reason, because it serves our national interests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOINBs8eOdk

What is happening in Ukraine is pretty standard Cold War orthodoxy. Each side smuggles in weapons and money to various internal factions to covertly support a coup or to start a Civil War. If the coup is successful, we support the new government with arms and money, and troops if necessary. If it fails, we start a Civil War by backing the rebels, then use the violence as a justification to move in as "peacekeepers".

The purpose of NATO had nothing to do with appeasement, nor did we fear that the Soviets would conquer territory outright. Our real fear was that they would use these Cold War tactics to justify an intervention/coup. By placing US troops on the Soviet Border it made it much harder to smuggle in arms and money, to stage false flags, to incite coups or civil wars, etc. The occupation by the United States not only defended against the Soviets, we were effectively guaranteeing the stability of the European governments themselves.

At the same time, we were using the Cold War tactics across the Eastern Bloc, mostly trying to provoke nationalist sentiments in order to collapse the multi-ethnic Soviet Empire. We continue to use nationalist sentiments to this day in Ukraine to pry them away from Russia.

America/NATO/EU/CIA has been supporting literal Nazis in Ukraine for more than a decade.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220225...aine-1.6248727

We supported the "Right Sector" back in 2014 during the coup, but as soon as the coup was successful the Right Sector became enemies of the state. NATO doesn't care about Ukraine, or Ukrainian nationalism for that matter. If they join the EU they will cease to be sovereign in any meaningful sense. America is exploiting Ukraine by provoking fear and resentment to weaken Russia.
A defensive alliance was to serve our national interests in preventing another world war as a motive.

Nothing in your long post contradicts anything I said as to the origins of NATO. Because everything I said was correct. NATO was formed as a defensive alliance to prevent Soviet expansion westward.

https://history.state.gov/milestones...n%20Hemisphere.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:48 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A defensive alliance was to serve our national interests in preventing another world war as a motive.
It was to maintain the US sphere of influence, not to prevent World War. Stop trying to give noble intentions to US empire. The Soviets were doing the same thing. We just had more money.

In this video at ~6:42... It is what I scream every day on this forum. Money is all that matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKez4bL0po

Last edited by Redshadowz; 02-25-2022 at 12:57 PM..

Old 02-25-2022, 01:08 PM

329 posts, read 236,759 times
"I dont want to join your alliance because I would have to send troops when you are attacked.."

*possibly could get attacked*

"Oh, I get it.. where do I sign"

Old 02-25-2022, 01:12 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
It was to maintain the US sphere of influence, not to prevent World War. Stop trying to give noble intentions to US empire. The Soviets were doing the same thing. We just had more money.

In this video at ~6:42... It is what I scream every day on this forum. Money is all that matters.

Interesting. How is it that Europe, Canada and Australia have similar standards of living without needing the worlds reserve currency to prop them up like we do?

Old 02-25-2022, 01:13 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKez4bL0po
You keep doing silly semantics. A defensive alliance would protect the US sphere of influence from being overrun by the Soviets. Based on what was happening in Eastern Europe, Western Europe was happy to sign on.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:17 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Pretty sure if they want to join they can.

I am sure the process takes a while but if they could rush Ukraine into NATO right away it would make things interesting.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:19 PM

329 posts, read 236,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am sure the process takes a while but if they could rush Ukraine into NATO right away it would make things interesting.

No way they let Ukraine in right now.

Perhaps if they manage to repel Russia.. then maybe.. but right now? dont think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies