Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2022, 04:28 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
With all due respect, this is alarmist. It's thinking like this that causes situations to spiral completely out of control, even worse than they already are. Kennedy's military advisers were all pushing for war with Russia over the Cuban missile crisis. Thank heaven the President had the sense not to listen to them!
Kennedy wasn't dealing with Putin. One of the justifications Putin is using is that he will not allow a NATO country to be as close to Moscow as the Ukraine is. Well Latvia is almost as close to Moscow as the Ukraine. So what's going to stop Putin from invading Latvia next? I believe that Putin is trying to regain all of the land they lost with the breakup of the Soviet Union. I don't see how that can be good for the world. You can fight them now or fight them later. It will be a lot harder later when they are in control of all of Eastern Europe.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:36 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Wow this has to be the most ignorant comment on the entire internet today. Russia would annex Lithuania to Kalingrad, which happens to be armed to the teeth.
Russia would lose a war with Nato and if it did happen, my guess is Russia would be partitioned and entirely demilitarized. Kaliningrad could be returned to Germany as it was East Prussia prior to the end of WWII.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There is a couple of things Putin could do. Launch tactical nukes on Poland and Lithuania and ask Xi for Chinese reinforcements.

Your idea pretty much guarantees WWIII. We may be heading there regardless but we already started a war over lies about WMD's. We don't need another more dangerous war based on lies.
Well there you go. That means we are basically at a pre-WW2 point, trying to stay out of the conflict. Bt eventually we will be involved whether we want to or not.

I doubt that China would get involved. Has China ever came to Russia's defence with any of their military operations? If anything China will just use it as an opportunity to achieve their own military objectives, such as invading Taiwan.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:39 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I don't mean supplying them Weapons. I mean boots on the ground sending our troops in to those countries.

Nato “An attack on one ally will trigger a response from the whole alliance."
Those boots are already on the ground.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:42 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
People have noticed Putin is growing more and more paranoid. Mentally unstable.
Noticed? Or guessed?

Old 02-25-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
Well, thank goodness you are not in charge of these things. That would be a direct attack on the sovereign territory of Russia.
Sovereign territory of Russia that they want to reconnect to. Also an extremely remote territory of Russia which would be almost impossible for them to defend. At least until they have a land bridge to it, which might happen in the near future.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:54 PM

507 posts, read 344,288 times
What if Putin recently got a terminal diagnosis and knows his time on earth is short. Could explain his behavior.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:55 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Well we have a geriatric patient as President and two world powers that want to expand their influence so…

Old 02-25-2022, 04:55 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Kennedy wasn't dealing with Putin. One of the justifications Putin is using is that he will not allow a NATO country to be as close to Moscow as the Ukraine is. Well Latvia is almost as close to Moscow as the Ukraine. So what's going to stop Putin from invading Latvia next? I believe that Putin is trying to regain all of the land they lost with the breakup of the Soviet Union. I don't see how that can be good for the world. You can fight them now or fight them later. It will be a lot harder later when they are in control of all of Eastern Europe.
I agree whole heartedly.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
FDR had a saying about that.

"Appeasement is the process of feeding your friends to a crocodile one at a time, in hopes that he will eat you, last."

He did have a way with words.
I love FDR, but unfortunately he didn't have that good away with words. I believe that is Winston Churchill you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G-M7basDZ8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies