Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 02:13 PM

30,316 posts, read 18,870,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
How come Ukraine wanted to face the second most powerful country of the world?

Ukraine is a small bug compared to Russia.

Is it all because it trusted the West?
Ummmm......................... I don't think they chose to be invaded.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:15 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,607,278 times
Where in tarnation did you get that idea from? I'm agreeing with some other posters here, this smells like a troll job!!

Old 02-25-2022, 02:16 PM

1,400 posts, read 497,711 times
A nation such as Turkey doesn't have military bases situated in Mexico with overtly rivalrous or confrontational sentiments towards the nation their client borders.

From what I've been reading, it appears that the leadership in Russia perceives NATO assets and operatives in a nation like Ukraine as presenting a strategic military threat to their country. You also have the sociopolitical and cultural aspects like with the Russian ethnic group in the eastern part of Ukraine along with the closely intertwined nature of the two areas going back to the Kievan Rus 1000 years ago.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:23 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,259,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterS3an View Post
I never thought city-data is so full of pro-russian trolls.
I'm with Nigel Farage.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2022400.html

"Nigel Farage says Ukraine invasion is result of EU and Nato provoking Putin... Former Brexit Party chief says the attack on Ukraine is a ‘consequence of EU and Nato expansion.’"

Anyone who doesn't agree with that sentiment has no idea what is going on. Even Bill Maher gets it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...tral_home.html

That video is a perfect microcosm of this stupid debate. That moron John Avlon is your average American.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:26 PM

3,208 posts, read 1,360,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
The US and Turkey don't see eye to eye on everything. Does that mean Turkey should just do whatever the US says because it's a more powerful military power? If Turkey acts as a sovereign country and opposes the US on things, does that mean it wants the US to invade? What if Russia decides Turkey needs to drop out of NATO since you are so close to Russia. If you don't, does that mean you want Russia to invade?

Your basic argument seems to be that other countries should always do what more powerful ones tell them too. Weaker military powers don't have a right to sovereignty.
Ukraine's president trusted West so much. And Ukraine was left alone by the West. You westerners look so sensetive about this but what does West do? Nothing. Just watch and condemnation.

Who were this sensetive when bombs were going off in Middle East countries?

Last edited by The Grandeur; 02-25-2022 at 02:34 PM..

Old 02-25-2022, 02:26 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,247,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm with Nigel Farage.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2022400.html

"Nigel Farage says Ukraine invasion is result of EU and Nato provoking Putin... Former Brexit Party chief says the attack on Ukraine is a ‘consequence of EU and Nato expansion.’"

Anyone who doesn't agree with that sentiment has no idea what is going on. Even Bill Maher gets it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...tral_home.html

That video is a perfect microcosm of this stupid debate. That moron John Avlon is your average American.
Nigel Farage is a Russian creature. Who do you think backed Brexit? It was Putin.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:27 PM

28,336 posts, read 16,487,487 times
Quote:
Well NATO thing is one. Political things.

Russia didn't go to Ukraine because he got along well with its president.

One country invading another country because they don't like their politics is NOT OK. If Iran decides they don't like "political things" that Erdogan is doing - does that give them the right to invade your country?

The "NATO thing"? What "NATO thing"?

Old 02-25-2022, 02:34 PM

1,579 posts, read 968,940 times
Quote:
Ukraine's president trusted West so much. And Ukraine was left alone by the West. You westerners look so sensetive about this but what does West do? Nothing. Just watch and condemnation.

Who were this sensetive when bombs going off in Middle East countries?

You didn't answer my questions. You deflected. Does that mean you think Turkey should be attacked by any more powerful country that doesn't agree with it? That your country has no right to make it's own alliances and make its own decisions?

I am not sure what your last question is, it doesn't make sense. Are you trying to ask, "where were these western sensitivities when bombs were going off in Middle East countries?" And if so, what specifically are you comparing Ukraine to?

Old 02-25-2022, 02:34 PM

11,968 posts, read 25,591,706 times
Ukraine has 42 million people 144 million in all of massive Russia. They should be able to defend themselves far better than they have. Putin must enjoy humiliating USA trained and supplied troops in Georgia and Ukraine. Clearly both nations assumed the USA would come to the rescue with a full scale war. Ukraine had two presidents who went hard line against pro Russia separatist in the far east which got out of hand and a full Russian invasion is the result. Russia is totally wrong to be bombing and invading across Ukraine where 99% of population wants independence but mistakes were made in the pro Russian east as well. Already 14,000 people had needlessly died on both sides.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:39 PM

3,208 posts, read 1,360,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
You didn't answer my questions. You deflected. Does that mean you think Turkey should be attacked by any more powerful country that doesn't agree with it? That your country has no right to make it's own alliances and make its own decisions?

I am not sure what your last question is, it doesn't make sense. Are you trying to ask, "where were these western sensitivities when bombs were going off in Middle East countries?" And if so, what specifically are you comparing Ukraine to?
How many times do I have to repeat that "it is not a who is right, who is not right thing" that I am talking about

It is why it happened.

Edit:

My question was, were sensetive westerners as much sensetive about Midle East as they are about Ukraine? Or are they sensetive according to countries?

Last edited by The Grandeur; 02-25-2022 at 03:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies