Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 01:21 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times

Advertisements

I heard the House minority leader is sheltering a witness who will testify that Kanji abused him 30 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 01:21 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Cancun cruz? Next time he sneaks off to mexico, deny him reentry at the border.

Has anyone had the chance to look at Ted Cruz's birth certificate? Was he not born in Canada? Was there not some question about his dad's legal status then? I remember Trump bringing it up.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:23 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
With how partisan things are I want to say no, but with 51 votes needed, someone’s going to have to flip IF this appointment is successful. It’s a capitalized IF considering what happened with Merrick Garland.
Anyone who does vote for her will be marked to be "primaried" in the next election.

Left wing radicals who are constantly over-ruled due to their extremist positions have no place on the Supreme Court.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:24 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrums View Post
You would think nominating someone based on their Gender and race would be enough to have the nominee rejected..

but because of the nominee's Gender and Race, you can't reject them or face the whirlwind.

Catch 22?
Unless they are appointed by a Republican, remember how they treated Clarence Thomas? I know that any justice put out by the Democrats won’t have made up accusations by republicans like the Democrats do.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:39 PM

711 posts, read 683,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrums View Post
You would think nominating someone based on their Gender and race would be enough to have the nominee rejected..

but because of the nominee's Gender and Race, you can't reject them or face the whirlwind.

Catch 22?
It's funny how 108 out of 115 justices have been white guys, but all of a sudden, it's a problem if this nominee is being selected just because of her race and gender. She's got the right educational pedigree and experience along with bringing a different perspective to the bench from her years as a public defender and trial lawyer, which no other justice has. She got bipartisan support just a few weeks ago, but if the vote is split along party lines, then she's being rejected for reasons that have nothing to do with her qualifications.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:41 PM

45,380 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
What is Biden thinking, he can't nominate a SCOTUS judge in an election year. ...............
I think the Biden Rule only is in effect during a Presidential year. At least that was when he made it up.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:42 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
They will all vote for her because she will not change the balance of the court. She is a liberal replacing a liberal.
They should, but i doubt they will. By the way, I thought the same about Amy Comey. I wasn't happy about the way her nomination was rushed through, but once it happened I though Dems should support it for the same reasons Ferd gave: it's not like Trump was going to nominate a liberal.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:43 PM

1,138 posts, read 449,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I heard the House minority leader is sheltering a witness who will testify that Kanji abused him 30 years ago.
Can you imagine the uproar if some guy came out of nowhere with the exact story put out by blasey ford? The media and left would excoriate him. No one on TV would give the accuser a moment's air time and they would all attack him relentlessly. He would no doubt be prosecuted for perjury and maybe other crimes. The exact opposite of how blasey ford was treated.

I hope all the Republicans refuse to confirm any candidate appointed on the basis of race and gender. But, Republicans are afraid of labels, so most likely they will confirm her. Then we will have a lifetime appointee that is most likely not the most qualified for the job involved in the most important court decisions in the nation.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:45 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Unless a Democratic Senator is going to vote no it's only going to look bad if Republicans try and keep it from happening. This could be a way where they show America they are good with the decision because they "feel she is qualified". That way they were good about approving somebody where the Democrats were not a few years ago.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:45 PM

327 posts, read 236,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker73 View Post
It's funny how 108 out of 115 justices have been white guys, but all of a sudden, it's a problem if this nominee is being selected just because of her race and gender. She's got the right educational pedigree and experience along with bringing a different perspective to the bench from her years as a public defender and trial lawyer, which no other justice has. She got bipartisan support just a few weeks ago, but if the vote is split along party lines, then she's being rejected for reasons that have nothing to do with her qualifications.

except the guy nominating her flat out said he is nominating a black woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies