Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 09:32 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,052,024 times

Advertisements

Well, if we were under invasion from Russia, most conservatives would lower their weapons and step aside, letting the Russian troops through
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 09:33 AM

14,801 posts, read 17,596,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well, if we were under invasion from Russia, most conservatives would lower their weapons and step aside, letting the Russian troops through
Doubtful, though there are some odd Putin apologists here

Old 02-26-2022, 09:37 AM

29,941 posts, read 11,513,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Doubtful, though there are some odd Putin apologists here
I agree. From what I am reading here and elsewhere there is little support for Putin for what he did in Ukraine from the right. I think if we were really attacked by Russia Americans would quickly come together.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:42 AM

29,976 posts, read 18,537,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What a bunch of liberal tripe.

If we were invaded, the only thing saving your bacon would be all the conservatives with weapons. Libs would have to try to combat an invading force with pronoun shaming, accusations of racism, and using "safe areas" to cower over hurt feelings.

Liberals are totalitarians like Putin. They want a supreme central government and suspension of individual rights for the government.

WAKE UP.

If you are a liberal, you are opposed to The Constitution and individual rights in favor of those rights ceded to a central government.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:57 AM

18,448 posts, read 9,076,382 times
Societal collapse is one scenario that the far-right has been fantasizing about for decades. They imagine using their cache of weapons to seize power from the resulting chaos. Might happen, but hopefully not.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:58 AM

25,362 posts, read 12,476,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If China and Russia wanted to jointly attack North America and Europe the above is probably how they would do it. Lure America away to Europe to fight off Putin with NATO while China attacks us here. Start with a massive ECM attack then a military attack.

We need to prepare. But I don't see any will in Washington to do that. We have been too beaten down and polarized by the past 2 years of the pandemic. Makes you wonder if that was not also part of the plan.
The Chinese are not nearly as vulnerable as we are to nucear attack. They've prepared their citizenry. I read they even have seed kits to grow food in case that need arose.

I think we are all way too complacent. Our guards are down. Our leaders are so fixated upon using political corruption to enrich themselves, nobody is thinking of scenario planning.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:02 AM

30,186 posts, read 23,576,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
We for sure couldn’t depend on millennials. They would be useless.
But anyone born pre 1980’s would know how to communicate and organize without technology.
Two cans and a string?

An EMP would destroy at least half the population in a week or 2.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:05 AM

58,623 posts, read 26,924,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Ukranian invasion has me thinking...

...let's say hypothetically that the USA was being taken over...how would we all communicate to mobilize a resistance?

What if those taking us over could:

-cut off our internet

-cut off social media

-cut off cell phones

A hit to our power grid could do all of the above.

What is plan "B"?

What if our military was fully engaged far away? Is our national guard adequate?

I know of no civil preparedness plan...do you? Do HAM radio's work w/o electricity? Are there enough of them to provide national inter-connectivity?

I read a while back that China has these plans in place, and household's have gas masks & iodine kits to treat exposure to radioactivity. They have underground places to house millions, & everyone knows where they are.

I feel like we are sitting Ducks. Sure, a lot of us are armed, but w/o coordination, we couldn't last long.
"let's say hypothetically", if, maybe etc, are all a waste of time!

Old 02-26-2022, 10:05 AM

30,186 posts, read 23,576,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How absurd. The price of oil went down 2/25/22. Do you have something against that because you feel in your heart such intense hatred and resentment against Biden?
Then why did our gas price go up another 28 cents this week? It was sitting at $3.29, it is now $3.57

Old 02-26-2022, 10:06 AM

20,249 posts, read 19,811,471 times
Given the vast amount of water on either side of the US, the sheer size and geographic diversity. not to mention our huge military, an invasion ain't gonna happen.

A Red Dawn type of thing is a fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies