Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Housing Bubble 2.0 in progress?
Yes 132 72.53%
No 50 27.47%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 07:08 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
So for those of you who claim there is a bubble, what will happen when it blows?
I buy houses at bargain prices again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 07:31 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Same here.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:32 PM

17 posts, read 3,797 times
We bought our house in 2017 and it has more than doubled in price since then, so less than 5 yrs. We are in a area with tremendous job growth but these prices seem unsustainable, even with inflation.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:51 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
OK, so you are saying houses will be cheap. OK, but with the low inventory I don't see that happening. I just bought a house and it was hard finding one.
Im just trying to understand what bubble people are talking about.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:12 AM

Quote:
OK, so you are saying houses will be cheap. OK, but with the low inventory I don't see that happening. I just bought a house and it was hard finding one.
Im just trying to understand what bubble people are talking about.

This house of cards was built on debt and nearly free money passed out. As interest rates rise and the economy starts to go into recession, investors will have to dump inventory, and few will be able and willing to purchase as millions lose their jobs and people go into a major panic.

We saw this play out in 2008-2011 and we will see something similar in the future when the bubble bursts. I personally believe it will start popping within a year, but a lot depends on what the FED does, inflation and mortgage rates, and the overall economy.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:07 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
So for those of you who claim there is a bubble, what will happen when it blows?
Prices go down like a clown.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:43 AM

2,004 posts, read 865,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
The cyclical nature of markets suggests a crash is always inevitable, wouldn't it be prudent to wait for that crash if you wanted the best bang for your buck? Perhaps people don't want to pay $400,00 for a 2/1 house in Florida? Is it a self-defeating mindset or is it a realistic mindset? Why put yourself in more debt now, when you could pay half in a few years time?
Everyone's financial situation is different. You need to know what debt comfort zone you can afford monetarily and mentally. Yes, as you admitted the cyclical nature of markets is always inevitable, so, that said if you can afford to get into the market, why wait?

Old 03-05-2022, 06:51 AM

Quote:
If you are buying HOUSES, that means that you are a investor buying multiple houses. You are not buying a HOUSE for a home. Is this your strategy...trying to understand your statement?

Old 03-05-2022, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
If you are buying HOUSES, that means that you are a investor buying multiple houses. You are not buying a HOUSE for a home. Is this your strategy...trying to understand your statement?
I do both. I bought 3 houses in Phoenix metro during the last downturn and rented them out for years. I sold 1 of the houses in the last year (should have waited on that) and moved into 1 of the houses I bought.

Now I would like to buy something possibly in Sedona (my preference) or norther Idaho (wife's preference) the next time the housing market crashes, I've got cash, just waiting for the fall.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:00 AM

Quote:
This house of cards was built on debt and nearly free money passed out. As interest rates rise and the economy starts to go into recession, investors will have to dump inventory, and few will be able and willing to purchase as millions lose their jobs and people go into a major panic.

We saw this play out in 2008-2011 and we will see something similar in the future when the bubble bursts. I personally believe it will start popping within a year, but a lot depends on what the FED does, inflation and mortgage rates, and the overall economy.
The 2008-2011 debacle is not the same as today. They aren't handing out money today as they were back then. Qualification is a little different. And you need to look at the projected growth of the economy. If some of these factors change, different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies