Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 10:58 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
No,, NATO started this provocation. Had Ukraine remained neutral we would not be here. I am not getting together to get in another Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen , Lybia what ever. Which one do you look back on as a great idea? .
The Ukranian people can choose independence and not choose only in the way Putin dictates. With your mindset we would still be under the thumb of mother England. putin was going to do this regardless he had lamented for years the breakup of the ussr.

I don't want us involved with troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 11:06 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I support Ukraine. I really like Russia and the Russian people. In another thread I posted that I thought Putin was a good leader, and one of my favorite world leaders overall. But he seems to have possibly gone crazy. To me it seemed like he was always in control and measured, and had Russia's best interest in mind. Him invading Ukraine seems like a very bad decision. I think some of his grievances against the expansion of Nato is warranted, but you can't escalate to this level and invade and try and take over a country with a Democratically elected government. Hopefully some people in his circle still have sway with him and can talk him into pulling out of Ukraine. Stop the suffering of the Ukrainian people, and the impending economic suffering in Russia. As I said I really like the Russian people and I don't want to see those people suffering just as I don't like seeing the Ukrainian people suffering. I hope peace can come between these two countries, especially for Ukraine. It hurts to see war between two Slavic countries, as an American of partial Slavic ancestry (Slovak).

Really? Is a true leader really someone who's been known to murder people merely for voicing opposition to him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies