Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 08:42 AM

17,094 posts, read 16,257,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
From where I sit, Biden isn't causing anything.

This is Putin, reacting in a narcissistic and aggressive way to the world response to his invasion of Ukraine.

(My washing machine is on the blink, but I'm not blaming Biden for that, either).
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Come on, you know darned well that Trump kept Putin in check.

Biden, even when he was at the top of his game, was no match for Putin. Our country has been out gamed because our President is asleep at the wheel and lacks the judgment and cognition to lead this country. The longer we have this incompetent President in office the higher the chances for something irreversible and disastrous to happen.

Congress needs to grab the wheel and take Joe's car keys away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 08:46 AM
Status: " You’re not getting another penny out of me" (set 9 days ago)

19,731 posts, read 20,525,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Come on, you know darned well that Trump kept Putin in check.

Biden, even when he was at the top of his game, was no match for Putin. Our country has been out gamed because our President is asleep at the wheel and lacks the judgment and cognition to lead this country. The longer we have this incompetent President in office the higher the chances for something irreversible and disastrous to happen.

Congress needs to grab the wheel and take Joe's car keys away.
Fake news. Biden was never on top of his game.

24,369 posts, read 9,232,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
I am not afraid, nor do I care. This world is just ridiculous.
Good news is it won't be painful, once that flash hits, everyone will be vaporized.

Unless we could magically denuclearize all the bad countries on earth, the threat of nuclear warfare will always exist. Even as just threats.

26,964 posts, read 13,212,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
An empty threat, Putin knows we would respond with our own nukes. He can't destabilize our force with a preemptive strike, there are nuclear missiles on submarines in the ocean that would respond.
It's only empty if Putin is afraid of death, and I honestly think he's mentally unstable and quite ready to die.

For all e know he could be terminally ill, who knows.

I take Putin's threats seriously, as he is not the kind of individual who makes empty threats imho.

It's those in the Kremlin who can stop him, who need to do something.

33,507 posts, read 18,033,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Everything can be negotiated. You ruin that opportunity when you put yourself in a corner. Putin is doing that.

What does he actually want? You talk about how to accomplish it with the least resistance and everyone walks away. His own citizenry is against him now.
Putin made it clear he wants the old Soviet Union back .. and what else? What did Hitler want? Power... to rule the world.

Underground bunkers and where they are.

https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...command-posts/

Old 02-27-2022, 08:51 AM

24,369 posts, read 9,232,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
An empty threat, Putin knows we would respond with our own nukes. He can't destabilize our force with a preemptive strike, there are nuclear missiles on submarines in the ocean that would respond.
You seem to think that Russia and China leaders love their country more than they hate the west

Hint: they don't

They will gladly press that nuke button, ensuring their demise, so long as it means America/NATO can finally go down too. We're talking about countries who rathe go to war than to see their bordering neighbors democratic.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:52 AM

29,978 posts, read 18,541,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Here, watch this, it explains exactly why Russia is invading. It makes sense what they are doing and if they didn’t invade Ukraine they’d be out of business as a country in the near future. It boils down to many things, but biggest base is gas and oil. Russia’s entire economy runs on it and in big picture of things, it’s economy is small. Ukraine recently found large swaths of natural gas that would cut into Russia’s bottom line, but Ukraine can’t afford to “mine” it and export it. Video explains it all and everyone should watch it so they’ll actually figure out what is really going on and why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE
Great video!

Old 02-27-2022, 08:59 AM

2,612 posts, read 914,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I just summarized it , a good video to see why Russia cannot blink. They have thrown the steering wheel out the window.
Ill watch the video when I have some more time but I just looked at a map and it seems Russia still has a good amount of its own territory that borders the Black Sea. So I dont see how they lose the Black Sea access without Ukraine.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:00 AM

8,360 posts, read 4,510,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Ill watch the video when I have some more time but I just looked at a map and it seems Russia still has a good amount of its own territory that borders the Black Sea. So I dont see how they lose the Black Sea access without Ukraine.

Nothing to do with the Black Sea. He's defending a land feature that doesn't show up on map graphics.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:01 AM

1,483 posts, read 678,379 times
Ukraine is turning into a quagmire for the Russians... none of this is going by plan. Putin is now approaching desperation levels and the sanctions are hitting him - he declared them 'unlawful'. And you know he is spooked by NATO's implacable unity and its buildup.

This is his final 'card'. Will he play it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies