Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 01:32 PM

3,181 posts, read 3,119,475 times

Advertisements

Mitt felt Russia was our biggest geopolitical threat during the 3rd presidential debate against Obama in 2012.

What was the rockstar’s response? “The 1980’s are now calling, asking for their foreign policy back.”

And the liberal media was all over Romney being too out of touch to be president. (I’m looking at you, NYT).

Romney has been given a chance to take a victory lap of sorts, giving interviews to CNN, The Atlantic, and others. But he’s being too much of a gentleman to dump on Obama and the dems.

Would things have been different if he had been prez? Who knows. He didn’t fight hard enough, when all was said and done. I was a registered democrat, but he was the first republican that I voted for president.

I guess I’m venting about should’ve could’ve and just want good leadership right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 01:36 PM

29,965 posts, read 18,525,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Mitt felt Russia was our biggest geopolitical threat during the 3rd presidential debate against Obama in 2012.

What was the rockstar’s response? “The 1980’s are now calling, asking for their foreign policy back.”

And the liberal media was all over Romney being too out of touch to be president. (I’m looking at you, NYT).

Romney has been given a chance to take a victory lap of sorts, giving interviews to CNN, The Atlantic, and others. But he’s being too much of a gentleman to dump on Obama and the dems.

Would things have been different if he had been prez? Who knows. He didn’t fight hard enough, when all was said and done. I was a registered democrat, but he was the first republican that I voted for president.

I guess I’m venting about should’ve could’ve and just want good leadership right now.
Ummmmmm.............................. No he wasn't

1. Russia has a lower GDP than CA and is akin to that of Spain

2. China has the second highest GDP in the world and the 2nd largest military

3. China controls most of the products we use. Russia only exports oil, which could be easily neutered by the US drilling more.

4. The US does far more business than China

5. China has military aspirations against areas which are far more critical to us economically and strategically.

6. China has a huge military that dwarfs that of russia

7. China controls many of our politicians, including the current "president".

8. China steals more military and industrial property than any other nation

ROMNEY IS A RINO IDIOT.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:13 PM

19,539 posts, read 17,795,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

3. China controls most of the products we use. Russia only exports oil, which could be easily neutered by the US drilling more.

5. China has military aspirations against areas which are far more critical to us economically and strategically.

ROMNEY IS A RINO IDIOT.
No. Romney was right. It takes nothing but an honest look at things to see that.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:15 PM

6,837 posts, read 2,600,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

ROMNEY IS A RINO IDIOT.

Russia is currently fighting an offensive war. China has never.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:17 PM

2,962 posts, read 1,147,173 times
China and Russia are paper tigers bullies especially china!

Old 02-27-2022, 02:19 PM

495 posts, read 328,316 times
Romney was right.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:20 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,997,707 times
Mittens. The only thing he got right was his underwear.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:24 PM

24,297 posts, read 16,990,880 times
it might be up for debate if Romney was right but we all know who was wrong and that is Obama and the Dems that all laughed at Mittens. Remember Obama was also very wrong about isis when he called them the JV team. What is it with these Democrats that continually underestimate and make mistakes on their foreign vision and policy? Biden has been wrong about most everything in his near 50 year career??

Trump had a pretty basic foreign policy. All that he asked was for the members of the UN and NATO to pay their fair share and stop looking to America as the worlds piggy bank. He also asked immigrants who wanted to come to America to do so Legally. It certainly is telling how most of the world even North Korea was largely quiet when Trump was President. Was that really the case or was our media so intent on destroying the man that they ignored the world?

I'm not a fan of Mittens Romney but he is not wrong about Russia.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:25 PM

20,580 posts, read 19,245,135 times
Mittens is a jackass.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:31 PM

9,309 posts, read 14,209,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
China and Russia are paper tigers bullies especially china!
If the US bowls over Russia, Ukraine being the head pin, then it has a much better geostrategic position to dominate China.

In terms of actors in political theater, I did not find Mr Romney entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies