Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 08:28 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Nonsense.

I don't know about nukes, but this scenario would play out if a bomb hits the biggest volcanoes all over the world. It has been said that the smoke would block out the sun and eventually all living creatures would die because no plants = no food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 08:36 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I don't know about nukes, but this scenario would play out if a bomb hits the biggest volcanoes all over the world. It has been said that the smoke would block out the sun and eventually all living creatures would die because no plants = no food.
A nuke is quarter-pop next to the 1883 Krakatoa volcano:

Quote:
The energy released from the [Krakatoa] explosion has been estimated to be equal to about 200 megatonnes of TNT (840 petajoules), roughly four times as powerful as the Tsar Bomba, the most powerful thermonuclear weapon ever detonated.
There have been over a dozen volcanos of similar magnitude in well-recorded history...yet life is still abundant on the planet.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

There have been over a dozen volcanos of similar magnitude in well-recorded history...yet life is still abundant on the planet.
Well don't look at me as the inventor of this theory.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tambora...anic-eruption/

Old 03-02-2022, 08:46 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

FYI - A single Russian nuke sub carrying 24 missiles is about 2-3x the Krakatoa explosion in megatons.

Krakatoa is tiny compared to the likes of Yellowstone but yes, life is abundant even if it takes 300,000 years to recover. #winning

Old 03-02-2022, 08:59 PM

631 posts, read 288,966 times
Of course life would go on even if the entire nuclear arsenal of the world were disgorged... just not higher life. This planet has seen bigger cataclysms than that. There have been periods in distant geologic periods when the earth froze solid for millions of years (snowball earth). There were others when it choked on greenhouse gases so thick, close to 70 percent of all vertebrate (i.e., higher-evolved) life perished (Permian extinction event). We underestimate the hardy microbes greatly. Many of their species can survive and even thrive in extreme environments (extremophiles). So I have no doubt that LIFE would in fact go on. Perhaps in a billion years, it might even come up with a better specimen than homo un-sapiens.

But to all those who reassure themselves that it would all be over in a flash, I'm afraid not. There would be a prolonged, agonizing die-off, as survivors ran amuck and ate each other in the streets. That's the worst nightmare of all.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
But to all those who reassure themselves that it would all be over in a flash, I'm afraid not. There would be a prolonged, agonizing die-off, as survivors ran amuck and ate each other in the streets. That's the worst nightmare of all.
No fears. Hopefully there would be something to "help" move things along, lying around.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:31 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:

You saying the nukes are targetting volcanoes? And that would trigger an eruption?

Old 03-02-2022, 10:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Definately not a movie a kid should watch. I was looking at the clip and was thinking "But how did the producers make it look so real??" Very, very beliveable. As if it had already happened and they just recorded it and now 100 or 200 years later, they show it to us as "just a movie" . Or they recorded it in another planet and then passed it off here as just a movie. Hey, maybe they exterminated humans in another planet "as an experiment" and we know nothing of it. I know it all sounds a little crazy, but I just let my imagination go wild with this one. One can never be too sure of anything. Sorry you were exposed to these scenes while still a child. Just remember that if they do nuke us, it'll all be over quick. The quicker, the better.
The CIA has done 'Remote viewing' sessions with the target being the planet Mars at 100 Billion years ago...they claimed the Remote viewers saw a thriving civilization...(there is a now declassified document that details what they saw).

Take it as you will, (believe it or not), but its not far of a stretch, that past civilizations existed at one time, LONG before we ever came around.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You saying the nukes are targetting volcanoes? And that would trigger an eruption?
I saw a show a few years ago that said that could become a possibility.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The CIA has done 'Remote viewing' sessions with the target being the planet Mars at 100 Billion years ago...they claimed the Remote viewers saw a thriving civilization...(there is a now declassified document that details what they saw).

Take it as you will, (believe it or not), but its not far of a stretch, that past civilizations existed at one time, LONG before we ever came around.

Yeah, we don't know what the government could be hiding from us. We don't know anything except what "they" teach us and say on the media. This belongs in the other forum, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies