Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2022, 09:36 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Lol you really think I’m a lefty huh?
I don’t think anything about you at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2022, 09:41 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Hopefully this causes the IRS to raise the value of the mileage write off. Man that would hugely benefit me next year come tax time. I might actually get a return for once!

My per mile cost averaged $.14 last year generating a $.56 per write off. My cost this year is under $.05. In my business, that means a huge increase in profits.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-09-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I don’t think anything about you at all.
You must have forgotten that you called me an sjw a few pages back and apparently think Donald Trump - whom I voted for twice - lives “rent free in my head”.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-09-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
You must have forgotten that you called me an sjw a few pages back and apparently think Donald Trump - whom I voted for twice - lives “rent free in my head”.
I don’t read too far into these forums, I don’t care about you, but you sure sound like a sjw based on my skimming through this in the background with the Tesla chest beating. If you voted for Trump, good. You do realize in 2 years when he comes back he is going to **** all over EVs, rightfully so, right?

Old 03-09-2022, 10:16 AM

93 posts, read 63,265 times
No even a consideration. I like my trucks and SUV's and gas would need to get well past $10 a gallon before I'd ever consider getting anything different.

Not doing the EV thing anytime soon as I put a ton of miles on a car (40K or more a year) and waiting for a charge is a lost money in my pocket. Consider that the cost of EV's is currently still so high that you would have to drive most of them over 200K miles to see a penny in savings over a ICE vehicle and it's just not worth it.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:34 AM

26,405 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Who knows, and who cares ? People are free to buy what they want. It does look like the people want pickups and suvs though.

Top three on the list are the F150, Silverado , and Ram. The first "car" on the list is at number 6.

https://www.edmunds.com/most-popular-cars/
I think all larger parking lots should have a dedicated parking area for oversized four door trucks. Most are very hard to see around, even with back up cameras on my medium sized car.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I think all larger parking lots should have a dedicated parking area for oversized four door trucks. Most are very hard to see around, even with back up cameras on my medium sized car.
Well, in Texas, that's the entire parking lot.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I don’t read too far into these forums, I don’t care about you, but you sure sound like a sjw based on my skimming through this in the background with the Tesla chest beating. If you voted for Trump, good. You do realize in 2 years when he comes back he is going to **** all over EVs, rightfully so, right?
He’s going to poop on my car?

Old 03-09-2022, 10:48 AM

45,359 posts, read 60,546,019 times
I'm waiting for one of our Maryland Legislators to drop a bill increasing the gas tax based on a sales tax now that prices are up.

That's really not fair, there are automatic increases every year. That way they only had to vote once several years ago.

A bill was dropped to lower the tax a couple weeks ago. That will go nowhere.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
He’s going to poop on my car?
Very funny. No, he's going to completely tear them to shreds, like he does everything else, but I'll really be looking forward to this tirade.. I'm not saying there is no use for EVs and that they have no advantages because they do. But not everyone is upper middle class or higher, nor lives in Southern California where it never gets cold. There are glaring shortcomings to EVs whether you want to recognize them or not. Many people flat don't want one, and won't drive one just because the democrats are trying to force them on us. If someone gave me a Plaid I would sell it immediately before being caught in the same kind of car AOC drives, that and I just don't have any interest. That $130,000 Plaid might come with mismatched tires anyway, hard pass. Great quality control, Elon.

I won't be getting rid of my LX570 anytime soon, if ever.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesl...ires-delivery/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies