Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2022, 04:38 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times

Advertisements

We drive 6k miles a year in that LX570. It doesn't really affect us, the high gas prices. We'd still pay it if we drove a lot more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 04:52 PM

19,047 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I am holding off on buying a boat however.
I’m getting concerned for summer. My 18gal 93 only SVHO waverunner won’t be getting as much use if it stays this high. Two or three fill-ups per week was normal last summer.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-10-2022, 04:54 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
i KNOW I WON'T. Once gas went over $3.20 a gal for prem last march i was done and got a EV that cost me $6 a month.
How many sheets of plywood or bales of hay can you haul in the EV?

Old 03-10-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Who cares? Do we really have to go through this every few pages?

This scenario may apply to you, but most likely doesn't apply to anyone purchasing any car, ICE or EV.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-10-2022, 05:39 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Before I even go there, a Tesla looks like a giant Apple Mouse but uglier. Who the hell wants to drive around in an Apple Mouse?

Old 03-10-2022, 05:45 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
This thread has just gotten silly at this point. People that need (or even want) a truck are going to get them. Even if gas prices triple, it's still just a numbers game. If you can't afford the gas you can cut back on the brand of Scotch you drink (or whatever)......just prioritize your spending. No sense in making a major decision like this when we probably can expect gas prices to go down again shortly.....this all knee-jerk at this point...

Old 03-10-2022, 06:02 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

This scenario may apply to you, but most likely doesn't apply to anyone purchasing any car, ICE or EV.
Well, A and B.

A: As said, not every scenario applies for everyone and just as there are people who say EVs are the way to go, not everyone says that.

B: I suppose it could be a counter strategy in a conspiracy theory where, if they could not do a cashless society and therefore, know everything that people were buying, they instead reduced the cargo carrying capacity and did it more and more, reducing people's ability to have bulk for things like fortifications and weapon support/making supplies without them knowing it. Why, it may even go further than that where people's ability to carry things got less and less, the cars got smaller and smaller, till they could say, "What do you need a car for that you can't do with mass transit?".................................... but that's just an idle thought.

Old 03-10-2022, 06:08 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Beats me. I don't need hey ray. Now if they offer up a small S10 size regcab EV truck buck with 400hp i am all for it and would buy one today jay. I never needed a full size truck and have owned 7 S10's and two of them had V8's nate. As long as i can buy scopes like these and they fit in my bolt i will be a happy dolt.
Attached Thumbnails
With gas closing in on  — will people still want trucks/SUVs?-img_0718.jpg  

Old 03-10-2022, 06:50 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

Because the one size fits all approach just doesn’t work. Maybe if you live in a urban rat maze the EV fits your needs. But for those of us that enjoy our freedom and the unfettered ability to move about the country an EV is about as worthless as **** on a boar hog. We do need to go through this every few pages just so folks like you don’t forget.

Old 03-10-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Because the one size fits all approach just doesn’t work. Maybe if you live in a urban rat maze the EV fits your needs. But for those of us that enjoy our freedom and the unfettered ability to move about the country an EV is about as worthless as **** on a boar hog. We do need to go through this every few pages just so folks like you don’t forget.
So find a statement to quote which actually matches the response you’re planning to give. As it stands, you made no sense, and this explanation above doesn’t change that.

Person one talking to person 2: “I bought an EV.”

Person 3, just because: “Oh yeah? Well how much hay does it haul?”

Person 1: “Uh, I’ve never hauled hay and don’t plan to.”

Person 3: “Well I do!”

Person 1: “Uh, ok. So don’t buy an EV? Or any car for that matter?”

See how stupid that looks? You’ve no worries about me forgetting now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies