Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 06:19 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well........................ fuel air bombs for one, which can take out everything in one square mile.

Tanks and attack helicopters have been rendered obsolete by infantry fired missiles.
There is a story on Reuters says that a Ukraine Envoy claims Putin set off a vacuum bomb in the invasion. Who knows if there is any truth on that.

Ukraine envoy to U.S. says Russia used a vacuum bomb in its invasion

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ay-2022-02-28/

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 02-28-2022 at 06:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 06:22 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
What an observation!. Crimea has been secured since 2014! in their previous dirty work. As good as U.S. intelligence has been this time around , it still doesn't have the full scope of Putin's intentions in its range.

100 mind numbed ignoramuses on this message board , and me.

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/w...annexed-Crimea

Russian forces invading Ukraine said they had taken control of a vital canal to supply water to Moscow-annexed Crimea, which has been suffering from shortages for the past eight years.
Crimea received most of its water from Ukraine's Dnieper River via the North Crimean Canal until 2014, when Moscow annexed the peninsula and Kyiv authorities blocked the waterway.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:31 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,286,577 times
Russia has China on their side. Are some here children.? Most our politicians and corporations are puppets for China and China just signed an energy pact with Russia making Russia lots of money and power. Why people are so clueless in how this will end?

Old 02-28-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Russia has China on their side. Are some here children.? Most our politicians and corporations are puppets for China and China just signed an energy pact with Russia making Russia lots of money and power. Why people are so clueless in how this will end?

Russia was never stupid enough to turn off their gas supplies to Europe, but meanwhile the US is going to turn off SWIFT.

What a brilliant idea , and right in China's playbook. The biggest advantage the west has is the financial system.

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...beijing-reduce

The move to ban certain Russian banks from Swift is likely to accelerate expansion of Beijing’s cross-border payment and settlement system, analysts say

Old 02-28-2022, 06:57 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Russian forces invading Ukraine said they had taken control of a vital canal to supply water to Moscow-annexed Crimea, which has been suffering from shortages for the past eight years.
Crimea received most of its water from Ukraine's Dnieper River via the North Crimean Canal until 2014, when Moscow annexed the peninsula and Kyiv authorities blocked the waterway.

THIS was one of the major objectives of Putin's invasion. Ukraine had cut off the water supply from the Dnieper to Crimea, causing a desperate water shortage.

Moscow had spent billions in attempts to relieve the water crisis in Crimea, but had not been successful.

The untapped oil and gas reserves in Ukraine is another major objective to help control oil production and prevent an alternative to Russian oil for Europe.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
THIS was one of the major objectives of Putin's invasion. Ukraine had cut off the water supply from the Dnieper to Crimea, causing a desperate water shortage.

Moscow had spent billions in attempts to relieve the water crisis in Crimea, but had not been successful.

The untapped oil and gas reserves in Ukraine is another major objective to help control oil production and prevent an alternative to Russian oil for Europe.

I stand corrected. 100 ignominious, you and me.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:08 PM

10,452 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN2RION View Post
and isolated.

Looking at these pictures......................scared of COVID or poison? Well he knows a lot about polonium

https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos-pu...194633383.html
I don't know. Those photos looked photoshop. Especially the first one. Look at where the cameras are located and where the men's eyes are focused on. It looks fake.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:13 PM

10,452 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

I remember reading about that with the canal being dammed. The more I hear about what Ukraine and their new boy leader, the more I realize they are not the sweet innocent victims they claim to be. Like I said in a thread I posted, Ukraine government lost any sympathies I had when I learned they were abusing India students who were trying to leave. And I trust nothing from the MSM, which is owned and run by greedy men with an agenda, and it's not to save people but to make money and get more power.

Quote:
And India, who has the forth most powerful military in the world. And despite the NATO agreements the USA made, if China and India band together to support Russia, the USA will bow out of NATO and join them. They got way too much money tied up in China and India.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:27 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Quote:
Comrade,

Russia and China have a relationship that goes back decades. Everyone knows that. They share a border, so it's natural that they are close. And that's fine. They can stick together.

For anyone else reading, this is classic playbook of the CCP and Putin. They try to scare you with how close Russia and China are. Russian helped China build nukes in the 50's - 60's, so yeah we know they are close. Nothing is new. What they are hoping for is a scared and confused America. We must not fall for that.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:31 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Media from the west has been celebrating the resistance of Ukraine, which is certainly good. Ukranian resistance appears stronger than anyone thought.

However, Putin has the bulk of his higher tech weapons still in Russia and have not been deployed. Further, the bulk of the Ukranian army is in the east. Their main fuel depo was bombed, limiting the mobility of those units. Additionally, Putin controls the air which can make mincemeat of a retreating army. One simply needs to look at images of the scorched Iraq troops retreating from Kuwait to understand this.

If Blitzkreig taught us anything, it is that too many troops concentrated forward against a mobile enemy is not a good idea and is a recipe for encirclement.

Let's hope that Ukraine stages a tactical retreat to prevent their army from being encircled and cut off from the rest of the country. Ironically, on those very same grounds, Soviet armies were repeatedly encircled and destroyed by forces of the Wehrmacht in WW2.
All those who were pro Russia and loved the Putin/Trump romancé will now see pure evil. Putin is not fighting army against army but firing on innocent civilians. I said it 1000 times -Russia is not our friend. We will feel this war one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies