Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 03:41 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times

Advertisements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/25/w...a-ukraine.html

I think the mainstream US media is having another Covington Kids moment, rushing to back one side without looking through all the facts. Yes, Russia is going to far to invade and bomb across Ukraine in areas where no one wants to join Russia. That needs to stop. But it's also true this conflict is not so simply a matter of good vs evil that anyone who doesn't march in line should be labeled a Nazi. The NY Times (breaking the media trend of only reporting pro UKR news) said many White Supremacist militia members are going to Ukraine to fight Russia.

Speaking of Nazis... Ukraine is considered the global hub of White supremacist militias. It's so prominent the official Ukraine army even incorporated one Neo Nazi militia - the Azov Battalion. Why freeze assets of Russia for the invasion but not freeze Ukraine assets until they free their arm of card carrying Nazis?

The whole conflict itself is complex. There are ethnic Russian majority areas within Ukraine's borders. Right wing politicians in Ukraine in the 2010s began enacting policies targeting those Russian minorities such as banning use of Russian language. The resulting backlash was separatists groups which resulted in the Ukraine military getting involve in far east Ukraine in 2014. That conflict resulted in 14k deaths, many of them ethnic Russian civilians. Of course earlier last century Ukrainians were an ethnic minority in Russian dominated USSR and there were similar forced assimilation campaigns.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:50 PM

1,346 posts, read 474,417 times
Ukraine is something of a birthplace of the Russo-Slavic identity and nation. It's been a hub of Russian Orthodoxy and culture going back to the Middle Ages. Next to the geostrategic reasons, I can't imagine Russia being all too happy with the head of the EU brazenly declaring how Ukraine is "theirs". Yeah, sure, which was coincidentally streamlined after Yanukyovych was removed thanks in part to the aid of Soros' International Renaissance Fund based in Ukraine and Victoria Nuland from the Obama administration.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:03 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

I think the mainstream US media is having another Covington Kids moment, rushing to back one side without looking through all the facts. Yes, Russia is going to far to invade and bomb across Ukraine in areas where no one wants to join Russia. That needs to stop. But it's also true this conflict is not so simply a matter of good vs evil that anyone who doesn't march in line should be labeled a Nazi. The NY Times (breaking the media trend of only reporting pro UKR news) said many White Supremacist militia members are going to Ukraine to fight Russia.

Speaking of Nazis... Ukraine is considered the global hub of White supremacist militias. It's so prominent the official Ukraine army even incorporated one Neo Nazi militia - the Azov Battalion. Why freeze assets of Russia for the invasion but not freeze Ukraine assets until they free their arm of card carrying Nazis?

The whole conflict itself is complex. There are ethnic Russian majority areas within Ukraine's borders. Right wing politicians in Ukraine in the 2010s began enacting policies targeting those Russian minorities such as banning use of Russian language. The resulting backlash was separatists groups which resulted in the Ukraine military getting involve in far east Ukraine in 2014. That conflict resulted in 14k deaths, many of them ethnic Russian civilians. Of course earlier last century Ukrainians were an ethnic minority in Russian dominated USSR and there were similar forced assimilation campaigns.

Is it so?
Just one and only?
How about this one, mentioned in this article, along with other ones-

"On August 2, 2016, former Tornado troops threw faeces and urine at the attendees in the court room. At the same time, clashes occurred near the Obolonskyi court building. The charges According to military prosecutor Ruslan Kravchuk, the accused former Tornado troops are charged with the following: -building a criminal organization; -sodomy under threat of violence; -abuse of authority and power by a law enforcement officer accompanied by violence, threat of violence, use of weapons and impact munition; -misappropriation of vehicle under threat of violence; -illegal deprivation of freedom and kidnapping; -tortures; -incitement to attempted suicide resulting from abusive treatment; -fraudulent imposition and self-empowerement, combined with commission of socially dangerous acts using official uniform of law enforcement officer; -home invasion and illegal search committed by an official involving threat of violence; -extortion committed by an official using his official power and threat of homicide; -extortion of official documents committed for financial gain which resulted in disorder in agency operation; -misappropriation of a passport of a citizen of Ukraine. It has been noted that the case itself consists of 86 volumes.Оригінал статті - на сайті Українського кризового медіа-центру:

https://uacrisis.org/en/55087-need-k...ion-servicemen

Why is it Western media so shy talking about all this, talking about the backbone of this "democratic government" of Zelensky - the paramilitary Nazi groups, that brought to power this current Ukrainian puppet government?

If you said "A" and acknowledged the existence of Azov, proceed saying "B" and acknowledge the existence of the rest of them, as much as their war crimes in Eastern Ukraine.

Enough of these games already.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:41 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
lots of new posters, or suddenly interested posters, around here these days. Interesting

Old 02-28-2022, 06:53 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Why can't some of you get off this Nazi BS?

Every nation has groups of criminal morons who identify as whatever. There are no Nazis. Nazi Germany was defeated almost a century ago. What there are are groups of riff-raff painting themselves up with old nazi emblems and flags and making believe. They are no different than any other criminal gang. Take your pick: MS-13, Mexican drug cartels, Bloods, Crips, Hells Angels, yadda yadda yadda. Evil people are evil people. Gangs of evil people are gangs of evil people. It doesn't matter if they are wearing a WWII German hat or uniform or not. They are no more nazis than I am an Aztec priest if put a feathered headdress on and cut a sacrifice's heart out. That doesn't make me an Aztec. It makes me stupid, insane, and evil. And if I wave a Roman flag, am I Roman?

You'd be much more accurate in describing these vermin as a violent psychopathic gang. Nazi hat or not.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:21 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

Every nation has groups of criminal morons who identify as whatever. There are no Nazis. Nazi Germany was defeated almost a century ago. What there are are groups of riff-raff painting themselves up with old nazi emblems and flags and making believe. They are no different than any other criminal gang. Take your pick: MS-13, Mexican drug cartels, Bloods, Crips, Hells Angels, yadda yadda yadda. Evil people are evil people. Gangs of evil people are gangs of evil people. It doesn't matter if they are wearing a WWII German hat or uniform or not. They are no more nazis than I am an Aztec priest if put a feathered headdress on and cut a sacrifice's heart out. That doesn't make me an Aztec. It makes me stupid, insane, and evil. And if I wave a Roman flag, am I Roman?

You'd be much more accurate in describing these vermin as a violent psychopathic gang. Nazi hat or not.

So the left called Trump supporters Nazis for 4 years and are worried about Nazi BS?

There are in the West blood and soil Ukrainian nationalists. They even have a flag.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magaz...nitor-26465465

A black and red flag, this one raised by pro-Ukraine protesters, belongs to the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA). The members were Ukrainian nationalists who fought against both sides in WW2 for an independent Ukraine - even resorting to collaborating with the German army as a tactical strategy to achieve nationalist goals. Some accuse them of murdering Jews and Poles, so in Russia this flag is regarded as fascist.

Its the threat exaggerated? ? Certainly a lot less that MAGA hats being Nazis as a complete farce.

I don't see how that's going to work with the Russian East side of Ukraine.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:31 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

That's because they forgot their historical traditions, Azov, I mean, and haven't done any Jewish pogroms yet. You just let them slip in THAT respect - see, what happens.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

I'll explain to you why they are not "any other criminal gang."

They are the ones who delivered that coup d'etat in Kiev back in 2014, and run the country ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7-9TmlBs7o&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvzz6Dov4uI

But let me go a bit further now with that.

While these ultra-right paramilitary organizations ( that are the backbone of the "democratic and freedom-loving" Ukrainian government) were torturing and murdering people in the South-East of Ukraine, supported by Russia, Russia, (according to the "left",) was evil, threatening the "democratic Ukraine."
But lately, this very "left" in America all of a sudden discovered that the very people that were murdering some *unimportant Russians* in Ukraine, are the same people that profess hatred of PEOPLE OF COLOR.

And THIS all of sudden changed the attitude, and NOW "Azov" became a "bad," racist thing.
As for the Russians "Azov" and the likes murdered - who cares.
That's not the concern, that's not the priority. Attacking Roma and Jews - that's what REALLY counts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtOx6dW_0vU&t=6s

Pay attention at the red and black banners that you already see during that coup d'etat in 2014.

It belongs to the Right Sector, the people you saw in the first two videos.

Now these flags are over the country, barely any public event takes place without them, side by side with Ukrainian national yellow/blue flags.

Last edited by erasure; 02-28-2022 at 09:05 PM..

Old 02-28-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
So the left called Trump supporters Nazis for 4 years and are worried about Nazi BS?

There are in the West blood and soil Ukrainian nationalists. They even have a flag.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magaz...nitor-26465465
A black and red flag, this one raised by pro-Ukraine protesters, belongs to the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA). The members were Ukrainian nationalists who fought against both sides in WW2 for an independent Ukraine - even resorting to collaborating with the German army as a tactical strategy to achieve nationalist goals. Some accuse them of murdering Jews and Poles, so in Russia this flag is regarded as fascist.

Its the threat exaggerated? ? Certainly a lot less that MAGA hats being Nazis as a complete farce.

I don't see how that's going to work with the Russian East side of Ukraine.

As I've said - now this red/black banner is picked by someone else, with more recent history.

Right Sector.

Pay attention how this organization ( behind the whole "revolution of 2014) is closely intertwined with the web of other Nationalist organizations of Ukraine, that change their names and merge with time.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:13 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
But Ukraine's Prez and PM are Jewish.

So now we have Neo Nazis fighting for Jewish leaders? I thought nothing can be stranger than Biden electing that guy/girl or whatever pronoun as some nuke department manager. In fact, Ukraine is the only country outside of Israel, where the heads of state/govt are Jews. Many Jews were displeased because they feel if something goes bad they will be blamed. Something I guess like an invasions

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/w...president.html

LOLOLZZ the Jews can never get a break. They scared something will happen with Jews in power and it does.

Well at least the Nazis are helping them this time it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies