Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 08:19 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Dude, freakin' Kazakhstan told Putin to ask for troops elsewhere. Switzerland has locked down bank accounts. Sweden has shipped weapons to a warzone for the first time since 1939.

Get another talking point, because that one won't fly.
And you know this is a fact and not something the media is just claiming?

Either way, the number three and four biggest militaries in the world have not come out to support Ukraine. They are actually business partners with Russia. Can NATO and the USA really take on Russia, India and China all at once????????????????????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 08:21 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Government officials went on camera, but I guess they're just deep-fakes or something.

Colombia, Argentina and Chile, btw. I guess the US military "pretty much dominates" them, too?

Quote:
Either way, the number three and four biggest militaries in the world have not come out to support Ukraine.
We went from "all others" to two examples in the span of what, 3 posts? Weak sauce.

But hey - you have Cuba, Iran and Venezuela blaming the West, so go you!

Old 02-28-2022, 08:22 PM

1,135 posts, read 401,955 times
Quote:

Either way, the number three and four biggest militaries in the world have not come out to support Ukraine. They are actually business partners with Russia. Can NATO and the USA really take on Russia, India and China all at once????????????????????????????????
Yes we can. The end result will be the end of the world. If Russia and US/NATO get in to war with Russia, end of the world is almost guaranteed. Neither China nor India will go to War with US/NATO.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:26 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
I think most of it is fake, a good deal of it is the actual Ukraines themselves attacking their own people. The tank crushing the car ended up actually being a Ukraine tank that lost control but the media decided to go with the story that it was a Russian. And, the reason I believe that Russia "seems" to be getting beat right now is because they are going after the labs that have been mentioned and trying to avoid civilian casualties. I also think Elon Musk is secretly working with Russia and you got India coming in with humanitarian aid. Elon Musk will have his internet set up so Russia can spy on Ukraine's networks, and India is coming in to get the innocents out. Once India leaves, that is when Putin will make his real move.
So, let's see... the poor little Russians were provoked to invade a neighboring country and bomb the hell out of citizens throughout the nation that had nothing to do with a lab. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

BTW, a gain of function lab in China is responsible for the hell we've been going through for the past two years. Should we start bombing the hell out of all of China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Yes we can. The end result will be the end of the world. If Russia and US/NATO get in to war with Russia, end of the world is almost guaranteed. Neither China nor India will go to War with US/NATO.

Well, I've read that the cockroaches will likely survive nuclear Armageddon--most everything else will be toast. As little respect as I have for our species right now, perhaps that's just reward for being the most intelligent species with the least common sense. A cockroach has more common sense than man does at this point. I guess it is just evolution gone haywire.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:29 PM

18,734 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ay-2022-02-28/

These bombs are illegal with Geneva convention. Fox has reported it, and CNN filmed a truck carrying them.
Quote:

Oksana Markarova, Ukraine's ambassador to the United States, told reporters after meeting with members of the U.S. Congress that Russia had used a thermobaric weapon, known as a vacuum bomb, in its invasion of her country.

"They used the vacuum bomb today," Markarova said after a meeting with lawmakers. "...The devastation that Russia is trying to inflict on Ukraine is large."

A vacuum bomb, or thermobaric weapon, sucks in oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion, typically producing a blast wave of a significantly longer duration than that of a conventional explosive and is capable of vaporizing human bodies.
I haven't found thermobaric bombs to be "illegal" in any treaty, country, or etc. The closest they come, even in the article linked in the OP, is "condemned". Hell, nearly every weapon ever made has been "condemned" at some point.

Can anybody come up with any credible link or reference saying that thermobaric bombs are "illegal" by some international agreement?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ay-2022-02-28/

These bombs are illegal with Geneva convention. Fox has reported it, and CNN filmed a truck carrying them.
Quote:

Oksana Markarova, Ukraine's ambassador to the United States, told reporters after meeting with members of the U.S. Congress that Russia had used a thermobaric weapon, known as a vacuum bomb, in its invasion of her country.

"They used the vacuum bomb today," Markarova said after a meeting with lawmakers. "...The devastation that Russia is trying to inflict on Ukraine is large."

A vacuum bomb, or thermobaric weapon, sucks in oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion, typically producing a blast wave of a significantly longer duration than that of a conventional explosive and is capable of vaporizing human bodies.
If Putin can use this on people, Putin can also use nuclear weapons . There is nothing off the table from Putin.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM

1,135 posts, read 401,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If Putin can use this on people, Putin can also use nuclear weapons . There is nothing off the table from Putin.
Nukes make place unusable for period of time. Which is likely why he will not use it, plus if he to use it say hello to end of the world being every other country will retaliate.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:47 PM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Smaller thermobaric weapons can also be used in close combat fighting, while larger versions can be deployed from attack aircraft. These kinds of weapons have been around for a while: American forces used thermobaric weapons in Vietnam, and they were also used in Afghanistan to attack the mountainous Tora Bora region.
American developments

A BLU-72/B bomb on a USAF A-1E taking off from Nakhon Phanom, in September 1968

FAEs were first developed by the United States for use in the Vietnam War.[18] Current American FAE munitions include the following:
  • BLU-73 FAE I
  • BLU-95 500 lb (230 kg) (FAE-II)
  • BLU-96 2,000 lb (910 kg) (FAE-II)
  • CBU-55 FAE I
  • CBU-72 FAE I
The XM1060 40-mm grenade is a small-arms thermobaric device, which was delivered to US forces in April 2003.[36] Since the 2003 Invasion of Iraq, the US Marine Corps has introduced a thermobaric "Novel Explosive" (SMAW-NE) round for the Mk 153 SMAW rocket launcher. One team of Marines reported that they had destroyed a large one-story masonry type building with one round from 100 yards (91 m).[37] The AGM-114N Hellfire II, first used by US forces in 2003 in Iraq, uses a Metal Augmented Charge (MAC) warhead, which contains a thermobaric explosive fill that uses aluminium powder coated or is mixed with PTFE layered between the charge casing and a PBXN-112 explosive mixture. When the PBXN-112 detonates, the aluminium mixture is dispersed and rapidly burns. The result is a sustained high pressure that is extremely effective against people and structures.[
According to the British Ministry of Defence, the British military also used thermobaric weapons in its AGM-114N Hellfire missiles (carried by Apache helicopters and UAVs) against the Taliban in the War in Afghanistan.[53]
The US military also used thermobaric weapons in Afghanistan. On 3 March 2002, a single 2,000 lb (910 kg) laser guided thermobaric bomb was used by the United States Air Force against cave complexes in which Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters had taken refuge in the Gardez region of Afghanistan.[54][55] The SMAW-NE was used by the US Marines during the First Battle of Fallujah and the Second Battle of Fallujah.

Quod licet Jovi
Non licet bovi?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:53 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So, let's see... the poor little Russians were provoked to invade a neighboring country and bomb the hell out of citizens throughout the nation that had nothing to do with a lab. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

BTW, a gain of function lab in China is responsible for the hell we've been going through for the past two years. Should we start bombing the hell out of all of China?

Well, I've read that the cockroaches will likely survive nuclear Armageddon--most everything else will be toast. As little respect as I have for our species right now, perhaps that's just reward for being the most intelligent species with the least common sense. A cockroach has more common sense than man does at this point. I guess it is just evolution gone haywire.

I just utterly loath my fellow citizens sometimes for this kind of sadistic arrogance, The poor little Americans were threatened by people in Yemen?

https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

I'll read this again next time I need to purge.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:41 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
You really expect me to believe this propaganda crap????? Seriously, when was the last time you seen a military with a personal cell phone while engaging in war?????? LMAO!
Afghanistan. Syria. Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies