Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 06:12 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
How would this go over in the US?

Would those fighting for equal rights say it’s unfair that only men are required to fight?
Ladies first... I always say.

Sexism is Ukraine — ALL MEN 18-60 years old required to stay and fight-strong-men.jpeg

Old 03-01-2022, 07:02 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Welcome to the feminist world order, where men have all the responsibilities they had in more "patriarchal" times, but none of the authority.
Who has the responsibility for the men's children?

Old 03-01-2022, 07:03 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Acknowledge them simply for being women?
You are acknowledging them for not fighting simply for being women?

Old 03-01-2022, 07:33 AM

1,655 posts, read 776,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You are acknowledging them for not fighting simply for being women?
I’m acknowledging anything where men and women don’t contribute equally.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:38 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
I’m acknowledging anything where men and women don’t contribute equally.
We do.
We bear the children, contributing more than equal.

The equivalent of the "Miss America" pageant has joined the Ukrainian armed forces.

Rather a whiny thread.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:40 AM

3,240 posts, read 3,198,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post
We should acknowledge that there are many brave Ukrainian women who have stayed to fight for their country.
Exactly. What wouldn’t go over well in the US would be a requirement that you stay and fight, regardless of sex.

And those who want to leave would be complaining that the government didn’t provide enough planes or buses. And it would be the poor and disappearing middle class who would be trucked over to Mexico and the elites would be making their way to Canada.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:45 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:

Would those fighting for equal rights say it’s unfair that only men are required to fight?
It works like this. Men and women are equal but women are more equal than men during peacetime.

Women must be saved at all cost but men are expendable during an emergency.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:47 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who has the responsibility for the men's children?
Men’s children or men and women’s children?

Old 03-01-2022, 07:56 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:

I don't think the majority would complain.

I would guess that the majority have no desire to be in combat, but, there are some who would like to be in combat. I would not. Played enough 'war games' when I was in the military to know: Nope. I don't want to.

While my particular MOS didn't say, 'your sole purpose is to shoot at the enemy' we would still have plenty of opportunity to engage in combat in a war zone. (Which, I didn't think about when asking for that job, I just didn't want to sit at a desk the whole time.)

I think if some want to, let them. Required? No.

A few years back, I read a story about a group of ladies who were fighting ISIS. I forget the name, and I forget where they came from, but I believe it was that particular region, so local, or relatively local. Apparently, they were kicking arse.

Was it propaganda? I don't know. I do know that many of them were incredibly good looking, so who knows if they were models, and this was all BS, or if they just happened to be pretty damn hot and also willing to fight. (I'm female, not into females, but I can appreciate when another female is really good looking...and these fighters (if the story is true) were.)

Old 03-01-2022, 08:03 AM

1,702 posts, read 783,863 times
I don’t think it’s moral to force ANYBODY, regardless of their gender to stay and fight. Russians have tanks, and heavy artillery mounted with weapons like automatic 50-cals. Civilians stand absolutely ZERO chance against heavy artillery no matter how many AK-47s are handed out.

I’ve seen both men and women (even grandmas and grandpas) staying behind to fight, and while it’s commendable… these civilians WILL die in firefights with the Russian military. And once Russia establishes Air Superiority and really carpet bombs the hell of everything… gender won’t make one bit of difference.

It’s inhumane to force ANYONE to stay and become cannon fodder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies