Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 02:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
We already had a Reagan II. His name is Trump.

We need to get a Trump II to get the nation back on track.
Progressives like Trump will never get this nation back on track. His major polices are known failures. Increased spending and debt and increased welfare doesn't work. Never has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 02:13 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
No thanks. He's overrated AF and his era lead to the problems we're having today, even if it wasn't all his fault.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:45 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Progressives like Trump will never get this nation back on track. His major polices are known failures. Increased spending and debt and increased welfare doesn't work. Never has.
Still worked better then Biden’s.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:45 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
No thanks. He's overrated AF and his era lead to the problems we're having today, even if it wasn't all his fault.
During those years began the telecommunications and information technology revolutions, banking deregulation, some tax reforms, and eventually globalization which took off in the early 1990s, i.e. that giant sucking sound ... the problems we are having today.

Mr Reagan was an actor, he had an optimistic demeanor, he told entertaining stories and funny jokes, and he made people, or at least some people, feel good.

On a technical policy level, I have the impression that he personally had little or nothing to do with any of it.

Since Eisenhower, the only president to personally wield power was Bush and family.

The rest have been actors in political theater, second-rate actors.

And there’s no relief in sight.

Good Luck!

Old 03-02-2022, 02:51 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Reagan sensed the opportunity with the USSR he drove for, and utilized it perfectly. Putin gave Biden an opportunity-which he is too inept to utilize. Their pithy GDP is lower than just Texas, 40% of it from oil. We can starve their nation by not just deep sixing Russian oil, but getting NATO to cut sharply or deep six it, also.
i mean im not arguing with you but i would settle for a highschool educated middle aged republicans from some place in No Name America.

That person would be light years better than the demented CornPop we have now.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:46 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Ronald Raegan was horrible. Another FDR or Eisenhower would be better.
Ike was president when I was a kid. He actually was not Republican. He said he just ran on that party because they asked him first. He cared nothing about politics. The main thing I remember about him as a kid was him playing golf. He was well liked.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
To this, I got this "positive" post comment. Mods, please stop this practice.

I got one too. Special.

Dude if you've got something to say share it with the class.

Quote:
That's not true, and you know it. You've bought into the propaganda pushed by the Democratic Party to smear the Republican Party and it's supporters. - FordBronco1967

Old 03-02-2022, 09:29 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ike was president when I was a kid. He actually was not Republican. He said he just ran on that party because they asked him first. He cared nothing about politics. The main thing I remember about him as a kid was him playing golf. He was well liked.
He was the President when I was born so I don’t obviously remember him, but I remember my dad saying he was the best President because all he did was play golf and didn’t spend time messing up the country with policies that don’t work.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:39 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your father teach you how to make things up and not care about the truth?
lets try this again. lets see if you continue to deflect and make things up like a typical woke leftist.
In 2 years time Harding cut spending and taxes by 40%. The national debt was reduced by one-third. The unemployment rate went from 12% to under 3%. It doesn't matter what his favorite ice cream is or anything else. Whatever you do, don't address the facts that I have presented as that would mean you actually care about the truth. Progressive love to deflect from the truth anytime a fact is presented.

You never read anything about it. Instead you listened to the big government losers who are wrong about too many things and don't have the backbone to care about the truth.

Here are the facts. Harding had nothing to do with the corruption which was much less than what we saw under the Trump, or Obama, or Bush, or Clinton administrations. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously ignorant on the issues.

Here are some more facts which you obviously don't care about. Harding prosecuted the wrong doers.
His cabinet included the first official ever to go to jail for actively taking a bribe. No corruption before that right?

"Harding appointed Charles Forbes, a political friend with experience in construction, as the first head of the Veterans’ Bureau. Forbes was in charge of building and supplying dozens of new hospitals for veterans in major cities throughout the country. With government picking up the tab Forbes accepted high noncompetitive bids from two construction companies, which kicked back to Forbes some of their profits from building the hospitals."

FACT - Harding fired Forbes, and Forbes spent two years in prison

"Albert Fall, Harding’s secretary of the interior, decided to lease some of the federal oil land in noncompetitive bids to Edward Doheny (at Elk Hills) and Harry Sinclair (at Teapot Dome)."

FACT - Fall went to jail for a year and was slapped with a $100,000 fine.

Absolute proof you have little knowledge of Hardings administration and all you do is repeat progressive talking head points. Granted none of this has to do with the fact that Harding was the last President to cut spending and taxes. But since you don't have a leg to stand on, deflection is your only tool.

Only a big government supporter and someone ignorant on the economy would say this.

No that's something you made up because you don't care about the truth and don't have the knowledge on this subject. Granted progressives are too busy with your hand out to care about the truth.

I'm not going to argue with you over Harding. If that is your type of President then more power to you. Go to town. If you want to push for Harding policies then you need to start a party or stay home.

Warren G. Harding's claim to infamy rests on spectacular ineptitude captured in his own pathetic words: "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here"

Harding should have said no when Republican Party bosses in the proverbial smoke-filled room (a phrase that originated with this instance) made him their 11th-hour pick for the highest office. He was so reassuringly vague in his campaign declarations that he was understood to support both the foes and the backers of U.S. entry into the League of Nations, the hottest issue of the day.

Once in the White House, the 29th president busied himself with golf, poker, and his mistress, while appointees and cronies plundered the U.S. government in a variety of creative ways. (His secretary of the interior allowed oilmen, for a modest under-the-table sum, to tap into government oil reserves, including one in Teapot Dome, Wyo.)

If this is your type of President and want the U.S. to go back to 1921, go for it. How does that makes you smart?

Old 03-02-2022, 11:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I got one too. Special.

Dude if you've got something to say share it with the class.
Yep and then I get a positive comment saying to report it to forum mods, hah. I would go further but yeah...

The fact is that poster is just wrong. I know who Trump is as a New Yorker, my father too. The fact he is a con-artist and a crooked business owner wasn't partisan until he ran for office. That said, it was known. I didn't expect him to work as president for to how he ran Trump organization companies. Many were failures and a waste of money. Sure enough, he did the same as president. Sadly Republicans believe that only Democrats can waste money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies