Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 08:10 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,753,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Many nations including NATO are already sending arms to Ukraine.
Germany and its new stance on building its military being the most important

Old 03-02-2022, 08:12 PM

30,377 posts, read 11,990,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Well Better to arm them than sit back and watch them be slaughtered on cnn.
In this case there is no simple solution. Standing pat guarantees Ukraine's destruction but does not guarantee more countries are not at risk.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:13 PM

640 posts, read 456,869 times
OP, stop scaring us with this WWIII stuff -- that's what Putin is trying to do. This talk plays right into his hands. Not helping Ukraine because sick dying (according to some) Putin will get mad and nuke us all is not really an option.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:14 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,014,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Many nations including NATO are already sending arms to Ukraine.
Yes, but do it covertly. I believe Putin will use nukes if he finds the slightest justification (the point of my OP), so maybe we shouldn't be announcing, loudly, that we are supplying lethal weapons which are killing hundreds of Russian soldiers. Reagan did it [EDIT: Iran/Contra] quietly!

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 03-02-2022 at 08:48 PM..

Old 03-02-2022, 08:15 PM

30,377 posts, read 11,990,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
It probably would have been better to have avoided this all in the first place by either:

- having voted for Trump instead of a senile imbecile

- impeached the senile imbecile immediately after he ended US energy independence thus diverting energy revenues to Russia to fund Putin's Invasion

- impeached the senile imbecile immediately after he basically OK'd Putin's Invasion when he said he'd tolerate a "minor incursion"

It is indeed horrible what is happening, but I don't want to expose any young American military personnel, which includes both my children, to this European war. Let the Europeans sort it out.

Yes this whole thing is really Biden's fault. Or American voters fault. Anything but Putin. The one who started the war.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:16 PM

78,945 posts, read 61,137,168 times
Quote:
The fuse that started World War I was the sinking of the British cruise liner Lusitania, which was carrying about 173 tons of war munitions for Britain.

On May 7, 1915 the German U-boat U-20 torpedoed and sank the Lusitania while she was cruising across the Atlantic from New York to Liverpool, England. Of the 1,959 men, women, and children on board, 1,195 perished, including 123 Americans. It was this incident that was the primary reason for the US to enter WWI.

Currently, almost all NATO countries, including the USA, are supplying Ukraine with lethal anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles. They are even considering sending fighter jets.

Putin is fully aware of this - so he might order the downing of planes or the bombing of trains or truck convoys that are suspected of transporting these weapons to Ukraine.
In the spirit of many of your threads here I want to pause and give you tribute.

The Lusitania never sank. It was a deep state fake by the um...Ukrainian submarine fleet (why not?)

Old 03-02-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
OP, stop scaring us with this WWIII stuff -- that's what Putin is trying to do. This talk plays right into his hands. Not helping Ukraine because sick dying (according to some) Putin will get mad and nuke us all is not really an option.
How many people, including the senile imbecile, thought Putin wouldn't invade in the first place!

So if you don't think this could quickly escalate into a nuclear exchange, you don't know Russian Military Doctrine, nor do you understand the little KGB gunslinger, Putin - he's got EVERYTHING to lose if he doesn't succeed, just like a cornered rat.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, but do it covertly. I believe Putin will use nukes if he finds the slightest justification (the point of my OP), so maybe we shouldn't be announcing, loudly, that we are supplying lethal weapons which are killing hundreds of Russian soldiers. Reagan did it quietly!
So the Russians didn't know Reagan was doing it (shhhhh)....great theory there champ.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So the Russians didn't know Reagan was doing it (shhhhh)....great theory there champ.
I was referring to Iran–Contra. What did Russia have to do with that?

BTW: the Europeans themselves weakened NATO, not Trump... he held their feet to the fire

Old 03-02-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I was referring to Iran–Contra. What did Russia have to do with that?

BTW: the Europeans themselves weakened NATO, not Trump... he held their feet to the fire
You mentioned none of that in your post.

You can't even get basic dates right or understand NATO has been expanding but you claim has weakened.

Suns down, bedtime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies