Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 07:25 AM

585 posts, read 495,201 times

Advertisements

It isn’t just black and white.

My opinion is being gay isn’t the same as being transgender. I believe you are born gay. I knew I liked boys when I was probably 2 years old (I’m a woman) so I believe you know who you connect with or are attractive to at a young age. I don’t think it’s a phase or something that can be changed. My issue is with young kids who might just be a tomboy or a boy that just might like some girly things and parents and Dr’s jump to start the transition process. That to me is counter productive. A child should be a child. Let them go through puberty. When they are 18 then they can decide. How do you know what type of damage you can do to a young child transitioning them when they aren’t fully developed mentally? That child can come back as a young adult and blame the parent for this.

I told this to someone who is a LGBTQ advocate and she called me a homophobe and a transgenderphobe. Where in my above statement did I say anything homophobic. And how is not agreeing a young child shouldn’t transition being transgender phobic? It’s more to do with children and letting them grow up before they are pushed to do something that might not be what they wanted later in life.

Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s there were no transgender kids. Now there seems to be some in every school. I know there is the argument that people couldn’t be open about it in those days. If that were true wouldn’t many of these people transition later in life when it was more acceptable? I don’t know any. Or anyone who committed suicide because they couldn’t or didn’t. Of course I’m going by people I know. You might have a differing experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 07:47 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
My wife and I know some gay people. In one case the guy always knew he was gay but his husband actually had a different experience having been married before to a woman and they had a baby together.

Life is a journey and we all go through phases like how some girls are Tom boys and some boys would rather play with dolls than trucks. It is just kids being kids and kids should be allowed to be kids.

I blame the progressives for this nonsense. My 11 year old Niece was visiting last week and she told me how one of her friends is dating a transgendered girl. WHAT? Dating at 11-12 and one knowing that she wants to be a boy at such a young age? That seems young but my niece has also told me in the past that sometimes she feels ashamed for being white. Where are the kids getting these crazy ideas? They are growing up way to fast these days.

I do think that kids should be allowed to explore themselves and figure out who they are without any outside influences coercing them one way or the other. This new wave of transgendered kids does feel like a phase sort of like the Goth, Emo or Grunge trend.

I do agree with you OP that kids should never undergo any surgeries or even drug treatments to suppress their gender until they are at least 18.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife and I know some gay people. In one case the guy always knew he was gay but his husband actually had a different experience having been married before to a woman and they had a baby together.

Life is a journey and we all go through phases like how some girls are Tom boys and some boys would rather play with dolls than trucks. It is just kids being kids and kids should be allowed to be kids.

I blame the progressives for this nonsense. My 11 year old Niece was visiting last week and she told me how one of her friends is dating a transgendered girl. WHAT? Dating at 11-12 and one knowing that she wants to be a boy at such a young age? That seems young but my niece has also told me in the past that sometimes she feels ashamed for being white. Where are the kids getting these crazy ideas? They are growing up way to fast these days.

I do think that kids should be allowed to explore themselves and figure out who they are without any outside influences coercing them one way or the other. This new wave of transgendered kids does feel like a phase sort of like the Goth, Emo or Grunge trend.

I do agree with you OP that kids should never undergo any surgeries or even drug treatments to suppress their gender until they are at least 18.
The public schools.

Yet posters will SWEAR it's not happening.

Maybe ask your niece about what her teachers are talking about with the kids.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:37 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The public schools.

You think the kids don't read stuff on the internet? And then discuss in their school sponsored chat rooms.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:45 AM

6,019 posts, read 2,840,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The public schools.

And social media. Especially TikTok.

The internet is the reason for all this nonsense.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:57 AM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
I’m gay and I DO NOT want children to be indoctrinated at school and influenced by this crap. Kids should be allowed to be kids — run, play, read, go outside, etc. There’s plenty of time later in life to be concerned about gender issues and sexuality.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:28 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Being a teenager can be very stressful. Peer pressure can be crushing. We have always known that there is a lot of pressure put on teen girls to have sex with boys. I figure that if a girl says she is Lesbian then boys will stop pressuring her to have sex. I think the big increase in girls claiming to be lesbian to because that is a way to avoid some of the angst of being a teenager.

I know two people who were men and who transitioned to females. I am slowly getting their stories. It takes time to build trust.

Two years ago, we got some new neighbors in our town, a nice young couple. The wife is very attractive, and is very much an activist. I did not know how to feel about the topic. So I prayed and I was led to a Bible passage where Jesus talks about eunuchs. That really opened my eyes to a much more accepting attitude.

Matthew 19:12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies