Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 01:39 PM

26,110 posts, read 19,053,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Because you don't want to agitate a criminal into assaulting anyone, or worse, and potentially causing even more harm to other people. The employees are trained to NOT provoke, they want the situation to deescalate, it's not rocket science.
No, you don't. You want to knock the SOB out with a baseball bat before he even realizes. That or point a 44 Magnum at his worthless head and tell him to drop the loot or die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 02:14 PM

16,378 posts, read 10,515,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
That's because these things keep happening in far-left cities where the Democrats has a total lock on elective office, and where they've made it so criminals are enabled and emboldened while innocent victims are hamstrung. So yes, actually, it DOES have to do with politics; the politics of pandering to the criminal class and their supporters instead of the law-abiding, with increasing lawlessness being the inevitable, and entirely predictable, result.
I suggest you familiarize yourself with all the stories that come out of Florida.

As for shoplifters getting away with crimes nearly every retailer has forbid their employee from going after them. This is a national policy and not unique to cities run by liberals.

Old 03-05-2022, 02:26 PM

27,741 posts, read 16,246,767 times
It was an 'assault banana'

Old 03-05-2022, 02:50 PM

16,585 posts, read 10,733,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I suggest you familiarize yourself with all the stories that come out of Florida.

As for shoplifters getting away with crimes nearly every retailer has forbid their employee from going after them. This is a national policy and not unique to cities run by liberals.
I grew up in Florida, so I'm well aware of Florida Man's antics.

And yes, you're right about store policies. And I know that shoplifting occurs in each and every one of our 50 states. But consider where it's more likely to happen:

In City A, where the police have been ordered to stand back, and the prosecutors won't prosecute a lot of the people who are arrested, and the focus is more on "restorative justice" than on punishment, and the public keeps electing people who pander to the criminal element; OR

In City B, where the police will arrest you if they catch you, and the prosecutors will prosecute you, and the focus is more on punishment against criminals, and the public wants the laws enforced and the lawbreakers punished.

Old 03-05-2022, 03:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,881,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.fox19.com/2022/03/04/cau...-with-bananas/

https://www.kwqc.com/2022/03/04/caug...-with-bananas/

Since it's San Fran, where everything is backwards, the police will likely arrest the paying customer and store owner.
Thief likely received a shopping list from an intermediary for a warehouse operation who will sell to third parties who don’t ask questions and resell on Amazon, FB market, Craig’s List and even flea markets. It’s Organized theft and plaguing all metro areas, everywhere including conservative areas.

https://okcfox.com/news/consumer-wat...rs-in-oklahoma

^ makes mention of Question 780 that reduced former felonies to misdeamers and eliminated prison sentences.

Some might recall, Kushner and Ivanka were engaged in Criminal Justice reform, focused on reducing consequences for non- violent crimes.

Walgreens and CVS work together with LE to find the big fish and warehouses, typically a SF residence stripped to serve as warehouse.

It’s a revolving door of thieves. Arrest one and #100, are willing to replace him. Many are addicted homeless and engage in the daily grind to get the funding for their next dose.

The US really needs to explore offshoring incarceration of violent offenders to countries with substantially cheaper sources of labor to create more room for non- violent offenders.

California’s threshold for felony theft is in the lower half compared to all states. Texas and Wisconsin have the highest thresholds.

I prefer to chop a finger off of convicted thieves. Sew em up and toss them a bottle of generic antibiotics and call it a day. Cheaper than jail, court costs, warrants, prison, parole and so on.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-05-2022 at 03:49 PM..

Old 03-05-2022, 03:49 PM

603 posts, read 276,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Thief Robs Walgreens in Broad Daylight, Assaults Customer With Bananas

Was this a monkey in a human's suit?
Nope; when a group of monkeys were shown this footage, they simply shook their heads in disappointment.

Old 03-05-2022, 03:54 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,243,712 times
The guy went bananas..

Old 03-05-2022, 05:25 PM

500 posts, read 320,426 times
While I'm not surprised at the criminal antics (it's San Francisco after all), I am very surprised to see bananas for sale in a Walgreens!

Is this a California thing; bananas being sold in a drug store?

Old 03-06-2022, 08:11 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 14 days ago)

16,120 posts, read 21,263,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
While I'm not surprised at the criminal antics (it's San Francisco after all), I am very surprised to see bananas for sale in a Walgreens!

Is this a California thing; bananas being sold in a drug store?
It's been years, but I believe I once read that in certain areas if stores build in a 'food desert' and they accept WIC/EBT(?) they were required to carry fresh food of some kind. I sometimes see it in gas station marts too.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:19 AM

8,653 posts, read 9,175,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Putin saw the same video. played in on russian state TV and stated, this is why Russia will dominate the US. Gotta admit, he has a point...
He certainly does have a point. He also knows that the right man is sitting in the white house that would make his life a little easier. Make no mistake, if anyone else was in the white house, Russia would not have invaded the Ukraine, unless of course it was the great, all knowing, VP Miss Giggles........Putin got a "Two for One" after the last election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies