Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 03:37 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,048,370 times

Advertisements

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals...lomatic-gamble

Would like to read opinions on this meeting from those of you around the world that are following this story.

1) Do you see it as a positive that may bear fruit?
2) Do you think it is really being done on behalf of many nations, or more because of Israel's & Russia's
involvement in Syria?

I'm conflicted about this, mostly because I just don't know enough about where they all really stand. Would the desired result really be a ceasefire? But at what cost & for how long?

And I also have to wonder if Trump would have met with Putin? Doubtful he would've had the NATO blessing... then again, would Putin even have gone this far if Biden wasn't in the Oval Office? Would that even be a factor?

The more I try to learn the ins & outs of this invasion, the more confused I become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 03:43 PM

19,105 posts, read 12,797,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I'm conflicted about this
What are you conflicted about, MLK met with the Jim Crow politicians

That's what you're supposed to do

Old 03-05-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What are you conflicted about, MLK met with the Jim Crow politicians

That's what you're supposed to do
I prefer a meeting of the minds ALWAYS over weaponry being used. I'm conflicted because I don't see Putin as being open to diplomacy. It takes me back to Obama's hot mic comment to Medvedev re having more flexibility after the election. I didn't see anything come of that, either.

Old 03-05-2022, 03:57 PM

19,144 posts, read 27,780,083 times
Putin has LONG standing relationship with Jews and had done much good for Israel.

As you al know (hah, no, you don't) SE Ukraine regions, to be recovered from the current regime, will join the Krimea Republic and, in several years, will become a new Khazaria, after Israel exodus due to coming war in that region. War will be done by Turkey NE and Iran E of Israel. Erdogan has Great Turan (new Osman Empire) project and Iran has The Great Khalifat projects in works. That's why all sanctions on Iran were lifted.

Sure enough, PM has lots to discuss with Putin.

Man to the right of Putin is Berl Lazar, then head Russian rabbi. Hasids have very good relationship with Putin.

Old 03-05-2022, 03:59 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,245,269 times
Russia is going to attack Israel. It is written.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
.........As you al know (hah, no, you don't) SE Ukraine regions, to be recovered from the current regime, will join the Krimea Republic and, in several years, will become a new Khazaria, after Israel exodus due to coming war in that region. .....
Nope, I didn't know that. And I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:04 PM

Mind day and time then. That's why they are already in Odessa and one of the world largest synagogues was already built in Kharkiv. The New Khazaria been around for quite some time, in works.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:13 PM

But this is nothing new. History tends to turn to its circles and, as you all know, historically, SE Ukraine territory was, back in times Khazaria -a powerful Hebrew state. It simply all rotates back to its own. Much nicer lands, than Israel, to start with.
Also, thanks to Stalin, in 1920ss, Jewish national region was, actually, in Krimea.

One of the prominent members of the Soviet government, Yu. Larin (Lurie), developed a plan to create a Jewish autonomy in the Crimea and settle on its territory - to create a majority in this area - 280 thousand Jews. In November 1923, another project also appeared, the author of which was the head of the Jewish section of the RCP (b) A. Bragin, who proposed to form an autonomous region of Jews on the territory of the Northern Crimea, the southern steppe belt of Ukraine and the Black Sea coast up to the borders of Abkhazia.
As noted by the Jewish Telegraph Agency (ETA) on February 20, 1924, this project was approved by Soviet leaders: members of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the RCP (b) L.D. Trotsky, L.B. Kamenev, candidate member of the Politburo N.I. Bukharin and Chairman of the State Planning Committee of the USSR A.D. Tsuryupa. However, Alexander Petrovich Smirnov, who became the People's Commissar for Agriculture in July 1923, spoke out against him, seeing in such a decision the threat of aggravation of interethnic relations in the region of the proposed resettlement.
To resolve the issues raised in the appeals of Yuri Larin and Bragin related to the resettlement of Jews from the "shtetches" of Ukraine and Belarus, the Presidium of the Central Executive Committee of the USSR at its meeting on August 29, 1924 decided to form a Committee on the land organization of Jewish workers, and a Public Committee on the land organization of Jewish workers . KomZET was headed by P.G. Smidovich, OZET was headed by the well-known Yuri Larin.

Balded above is EXACTLY what territories will be given to Jews now.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:58 PM

640 posts, read 455,288 times
Israel has had good relations with both Russia and Ukraine, so they are relatively neutral in this conflict, hence the PM Bennett's visit. However, right now it is pointless, as Putin has convinced himself that with enough bombing and enough troops he will prevail. So why would he need a cease-fire, during which Ukraine would get more weapons from the West?

Putin also knows that the Ukrainians have been fighting nonstop for 11 days now. They have no reserves -- and will eventually wear themselves out -- while Russia can keep sending fresh cannon fodder to the front.

When the Russians start seriously resisting having their kids being sent down south -- or the generals will -- Putin might agree to a cease-fire.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:02 PM

5,655 posts, read 6,251,221 times
Israel is in a tough position on this and my first thought when I heard of this meeting was that the parties were using Israel as a mediator. That makes sense to me, and I hope that is in fact the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies