Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 01:02 PM

102,306 posts, read 108,445,430 times

Advertisements

Early sanctions wouldn't have made any difference. P was determined to do what he planned to do. Besides; apply sanctions for what? In the months leading up to the actual invasion, P was saying there was still room for a diplomatic solution. As long as he was holding out that carrot, there was nothing yet to apply sanctions for.

Hindsight in the case of armchair observers tends to not be 20/20, but more like 20/40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 01:30 PM

26,057 posts, read 13,067,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
^ Totally false statement by one of Putin's soldiers.

Down with Putin. Time for Putin to be suicided. Maybe we can get the Clinton's involved to get that taken care of.
Not gonna happen...they are huge pals after Hillary sold Vlad a bunch of Uranium ore through a middle man, & got massive kickbacks put into the Clinton Foundation coffers in return.

We'd have more luck getting the House of Saud to take out Vlad so he'll stop competing with Saudi Arabia for oil sales. Where's Mohammad Atta & Usama Bin Laden when you need them most? Are they really dead?

Old 03-06-2022, 01:51 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,457,343 times
Biden and the leftist morons that support him care about the Ukrainians about as much as they cared about the 9000 Americans they left to deal with the Taliban. For the administration, it's all about their political future and for a vast majority of leftists, it's all about virtue signaling.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:53 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,165,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I’m sorry but the majority voted for Biden. Just because your guy lost doesn’t mean it was stolen.
"Our guy" wasn't the only one who lost out on the "election" of 2020; the entire country did, and the country is just beginning to feel the effects of the "election".

Old 03-06-2022, 01:55 PM

8,092 posts, read 10,691,814 times
I don't think anything is as they are trying to present it to be. Too many of the usual suspects parroting the same thing, jumping on the same bandwagon, reading from the same "script". All in agreement, all in lockstep, once again, with the preferred "narrative". And Lord help you if you deviate from it. Except that instead of you wanting to selfishly kill Grandma this time, you have no empathy and don't care about the "freedom" of the Ukranian people. Am I right?

I have the same feeling about this I had after the two week "flatten the curve" Covid-19 period, when all the media fear mongering kicked into high gear and photos of refrigerated trucks "for all the bodies piling up" started circulating. My BS bell started clanging loudly. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but I hear that bell again. Loudly. I'm an Aquarian. I'm always on the outside, looking in. I hear a different drummer.

And I say something smells about this. Something is just not right here.

Putin knew he could not just waltz into Ukraine and take it. Does anyone really believe he did not know there would be consequences and repercussions, the very ones that are playing out now? He is not acting alone. He's not a lone wolf. He has the backing of a lot of powerful people with a huge cache of money. There is a coordinated plan underway.

We are too easily led. We want simple, pat answers in black and white, good guy/bad guy scenarios to things that are much more complex, and probably more nefarious, than we care to know or consider.

If you want to accuse me of wearing a tin foil hat because I feel this way, have at it. I don't care. I know I'm not alone in questioning what in the actual **** is really going on.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:56 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,872,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
And I agree with him.

Ukrainian President Zelensky Tells U.S. Congress Who He Believes Is Responsible For Russia’s Invasion: Report

"Senate sources said on Saturday that Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky pinned blame for Russia’s invasion into Ukraine on Democrat President Joe Biden’s refusal to enact sanctions against Russia before Russia launched the invasion.

Zelensky told Senators that if the U.S. “had started sanctions months ago, there would not have been war.”"
Senate sources?

Old 03-06-2022, 01:59 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,872,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Many on the left in this country have already been surrendering to an invasion in this country, in fact they're wanting it and actively encouraging it.
I thought the thread was about Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Old 03-06-2022, 02:07 PM

102,306 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't think anything is as they are trying to present it to be. Too many of the usual suspects parroting the same thing, jumping on the same bandwagon, reading from the same "script". All in agreement, all in lockstep, once again, with the preferred "narrative". And Lord help you if you deviate from it. Except that instead of you wanting to selfishly kill Grandma this time, you have no empathy and don't care about the "freedom" of the Ukranian people. Am I right?

I have the same feeling about this I had after the two week "flatten the curve" Covid-19 period, when all the media fear mongering kicked into high gear and photos of refrigerated trucks "for all the bodies piling up" started circulating. My BS bell started clanging loudly. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but I hear that bell again. Loudly. I'm an Aquarian. I'm always on the outside, looking in. I hear a different drummer.

Putin knew he could not just waltz into Ukraine and take it. Does anyone really believe he did not know there would be consequences and repercussions, the very ones that are playing out now? He is not acting alone. He's not a lone wolf. He has the backing of a lot of powerful people with a huge cache of money. There is a coordinated plan underway.

We are too easily led. We want simple, pat answers in black and white, good guy/bad guy scenarios to things that are much more complex, and probably more nefarious, than we care to know or consider.

If you want to accuse me of wearing a tin foil hat because I feel this way, have at it. I don't care. I know I'm not alone in questioning what in the actual **** is really going on.
Like who? And how would they benefit from taking Ukraine, if you're talking oligarchs? I've been wondering how others in his government really feel about this, but there's no info available. Military leadership obviously is doing what it's told. There are probably some old-line Soviet types who support the idea of regaining lost territories. But there must be others, who see things differently.

Would like to know what their thoughts are.

Old 03-06-2022, 02:10 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,936,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
"Our guy" wasn't the only one who lost out on the "election" of 2020; the entire country did, and the country is just beginning to feel the effects of the "election".
Yep, they didn’t vote for the best person, but against Trump. Biden should have never made it through the primaries, the only thing he had going was name recognition. I personally believe that is the biggest mistake Obama made was picking Biden, you could obviously tell Obama didn’t like Biden and by stating that Biden messes up everything he touches shows he doesn’t respect Biden much either.

The biggest loser was the United States.

Old 03-06-2022, 03:48 PM

3,889 posts, read 1,825,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post

I agree the media, congress and numerous people are presenting this as very one-sided. Zelensky bothers me a lot with his narrative that if the U.S. doesn't do more saying we want Ukraine to demolished. I read earlier Zekensky ordered one of his own delegation members to be killed and found that very troubling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies