Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 04:08 PM

17,681 posts, read 13,498,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Biden's son gets paid millions of dollars from a Russian oligarch.

Brandon gets into office and ends Trump's opposition to Putin's pipeline and ends Trump's lethal weapons to Ukraine. Thus going back to the appease Putin Obama strategy of giving more flexibility after elections.

Then Biden is confident Russia will invade, but only drips out sanctions slowly. Brandon is a PoS.

Here is the real problem

So many in all levels of US politics (both sides) are so tied up financially with our enemies that they won't do a damn thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 04:15 PM

1,376 posts, read 486,052 times
It's the dialectical materialism of globalist initiatives versus the pan Slavic Eurasian sphere with the auspices of Eastern Orthodoxy butting heads. In the eyes of a number of people, there can't be allowed a counter approach or opposite number. Whatever Putin's real motivations are or if he's a true believer of his faith, he represents that duality which even Soros has admitted serves as an alternative to the EU.

Me? I have little sympathy for the Ukrainian government and a great amount for its people. Zelensky serves as a patsy for EU designs in Ukraine which seem to fundamentally orientate a country towards the sort of socio-political-cultural upheaval and spontaneity that's come to inflame much of the West. There might be economic benefits but I think the example set by predecessors should be looked at long and hard.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:49 PM

33,341 posts, read 12,661,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
And the people who helped him steal this election and who committed voter fraud, and the RINOs who let this happen, including Mike Pence, Bill Cassidy, and others.

If Trump spent the rest of his life dedicated to trying to be as conservative and Republican as possible he still wouldn't be in the same stratosphere as Pence.

Trump, you, and lots of other Trumpers are the RINOs.

Quote:
I will NEVER be convinced he won this election legitimately. Too bad the American Freedom Convoy didn't do what the Canadians did. I wanted to see Washington DC and New York City totally cut off and shut down, all the bridges into NYC blocked with food and supplies unable to enter with supermarkets empty in NYC and Long Island which will force the liberal elites to act, the DC Beltway totally in gridlock and not moving, all the bridges into DC blocked.
And your lack of being convinced + a cup of coffee = worth 5 cents.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:52 PM

33,341 posts, read 12,661,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Yep, they didn’t vote for the best person, but against Trump. Biden should have never made it through the primaries, the only thing he had going was name recognition. I personally believe that is the biggest mistake Obama made was picking Biden, you could obviously tell Obama didn’t like Biden and by stating that Biden messes up everything he touches shows he doesn’t respect Biden much either.

The biggest loser was the United States.
Some people think Obama picked Biden for two main reasons....

1. His deep relationships on Capitol Hill

2. As an insurance policy against impeachment.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:07 PM

10,598 posts, read 4,124,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Like who? And how would they benefit from taking Ukraine, if you're talking oligarchs? I've been wondering how others in his government really feel about this, but there's no info available. Military leadership obviously is doing what it's told. There are probably some old-line Soviet types who support the idea of regaining lost territories. But there must be others, who see things differently.

Would like to know what their thoughts are.
China and India have decided to stay neutral and not pose any sanctions on Russia, which means Putin can use their systems to keep money flowing. Saudi Arabia and the UAE, which happen to be magnets for some of the wealthiest people in the world, are also not gong to sanction Russia. It's all too easy for someone very wealthy to fly to Dubai and use their accounts to fund Putin's war and you will never know about it.

And Ukraine has recently found that they have a large quantity of lithium mines, mostly on the Eastern side which is what Russia is after, and these are the minerals needed to create the EV car battery.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:14 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,325,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

If Trump spent the rest of his life dedicated to trying to be as conservative and Republican as possible he still wouldn't be in the same stratosphere as Pence.

Putting Trump aside for a minute, are bible thumpers really "conservative"?

I know we somehow bastardized conservatism to include the religious right in the last 50 years, but aren't real conservatives for small government?

Does small government really regulate morality?

I don't dislike Pence, and I thought he did a fine job as a Vice President, but I don't consider him or people like him to be real conservatives, and I hope others are moving in that direction too.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:27 PM

24,116 posts, read 12,846,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Senate sources?
Since when do those on the left care about named sources?
Quote:
I thought the thread was about Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Merely pointing out the hypocrisy, anyway, it seems I had hit a nerve.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:28 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,778,768 times
Quote:
Senate sources?
Probably the same Senate sources the left swore by from 2016-2020.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:31 PM

20,930 posts, read 9,640,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
"Senate sources said on Saturday that Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky pinned blame for Russia’s invasion into Ukraine on Democrat President Joe Biden’s refusal to enact sanctions against Russia before Russia launched the invasion.
"Senate sources," LOL!

You can tell this is a lie because, until Russia actually invaded, Zelensky himself did not take the threats too seriously. So why would he say Biden should have sanctioned Russia for an imminent attack that he himself was not confident would even happen?

Last edited by James Bond 007; 03-06-2022 at 05:58 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 05:47 PM

24,116 posts, read 12,846,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Unlike Michelle, who was picked by Obama because she was black(yeah, read his book), most likely Biden* was not chosen by Obama but rather by his handlers.

Quote:
5 cent cup of coffee? Is there such a thing anymore? Anyway, it's probably as much as your opinion is worth too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies