Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 01:33 PM

19,285 posts, read 17,167,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.axios.com/local/washingt...east-coast-may

More penance for putting the Democrats in charge, along with inflation, soaring gas prices, 500,000+ COVID deaths, and ground war in Europe.

I expect a plague of locusts soon.
Per your link "The Joro spider is native to Japan but began infiltrating the U.S. in 2013, concentrating in the southeast and specifically Georgia,"

Well they predate the current administration, maybe this is MTG unleashing them on the world....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 01:43 PM

14 posts, read 4,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post

John Goodman infestation management is on the case just like kamala in Poland. We’re all good
I just had an early childhood flashback. What movie is that?

Old 03-10-2022, 07:38 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,781,803 times
Those guys infested my neighborhood long ago. They're harmless, and keep the mosquito population down.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:00 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,019,310 times
Where were they this whole time?

Why they come all of sudden at this point in time?

Is the coming of the Anti Christ upon us?

Old 03-10-2022, 10:14 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
This is the time of year we have to start worrying about ticks "casting" which is the same thing but they use it to attach to you when you walk by. They are fishing for prey.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:47 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,665,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is the time of year we have to start worrying about ticks "casting" which is the same thing but they use it to attach to you when you walk by. They are fishing for prey.
Ah I see. Kinda like Democrats "casting" out free food housing medical care and cash subsidies to illegals. LOL, one parasite feeding on another. These Joro's look a lot like the good old garden spiders that spin the fancy gunsight webs that my gramma had all over her garden and grape arbors. Big colorful and quite beneficial to have around. Great pest control. One day I watched one of them that had caught a honey bee in her web cut it loose and free it. She was in the grape arbor and I would lay down with Gramma's dog who was my bestest buddy and watch her for hours.

Flys, skeeters, all the main nuisance bugs were hers to feast on. But I guess honey bees were just not her taste. It was stuck pretty good and vibing it up but she just slipped on down and went to work with her long front legs and had Mr. Bee on his way in seconds. Nature is cruel but also massive cool.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:58 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,957,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.axios.com/local/washingt...east-coast-may

More penance for putting the Democrats in charge, along with inflation, soaring gas prices, 500,000+ COVID deaths, and ground war in Europe.

I expect a plague of locusts soon.
That's pretty funny. Although, Democrats are indeed known for their love of giant spiders. In fact, I heard a rumor that Brandon will stage a spider coup in August when almost all the members of Congress flee DC and hole up in their vacation properties. With no one around to stop Brandon and a couple of his friends from making the Giant Joro spider our national emblem instead of the bald eagle, who knows what other atrocities may also be in the planning?

Old 03-11-2022, 08:40 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,757,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Where were they this whole time?

Why they come all of sudden at this point in time?

Is the coming of the Anti Christ upon us?
Invasive species typically gain a foothold in the most favorable climate. Then as time goes by, they reach critical mass to expand their range towards less favorable areas until they are stopped by a completely inhospitable barrier. Places that have warming trends will also get more of these types of colonizations

Old 03-11-2022, 12:03 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,019,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Invasive species typically gain a foothold in the most favorable climate. Then as time goes by, they reach critical mass to expand their range towards less favorable areas until they are stopped by a completely inhospitable barrier. Places that have warming trends will also get more of these types of colonizations
What about the Anti Christ though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies