Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 11:10 AM

17,255 posts, read 6,628,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Oh, I don't know.....maybe provide an extra barrier for aerosol produced by a cough! There's a reason there were plastic barriers put in place at checkout counters during the pandemic.

What on the planet do you think they do? Same concept of face shields!
And you don't think the virus can go around your face shield? Lol.

No worries, Han Solo, wear your face shield anywhere in the universe. It will keep you "safe".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 11:56 AM

3,334 posts, read 2,258,074 times
Face shield is only a precaution for the case where someone sneezes or coughs nearby and their contagions reach your face especially eyes nose or mouth, eyes in particular since masks don't cover eyes. On crowded airplanes its impossible to social distance from seat mates beside, or even behind you and you don't know if they are traveling sick or it was just an allergic reaction due to the dryness of the air.

I heard Koreans had made a version of KF94 masks that only wraps around the noise so they could eat. I believe airlines should provide this for meal times. I don't know if Korea and Asiana already do as they are based in Kokrea.

The TSA had been security theatre and control for a long time and this is no exception. twenty years later I believe they would still keep control. As how many restrictions added over the decades since 9/11 had been relaxed by the TSA? except that smaller scissors even pointed one are now allowed thru checkpoints.

Though while TSA and federal government appear to have stretched their long arm on all means of transportation even those under state and local control which may or may not receive federal funding or subsidies I read an article they don't really have enforcement mechanism(outside of security checkpoints/sterile areas of airports obviously) this is especially true for local transportation that operate entirely within one state and may be contracted to private bus operators as opposed to receiving federal funding to operate. So in theory its entirely up to the transportation agency to enforce or not with no real consequence if they don't. I be curious how many know the mandate is a toothless tiger off airports? I never seen or heard of TSA working even in Amtrak train stations around the country, Amtrak like airlines are under federal justification despite being quasi private. I be curious how much this "federal" mask mandate is enforced locally in smaller cities bus/rail systems in Texas, Dakotas, Wyoming, Arizona, etc?

Interesting how United airlines is so quiet these days in terms of getting on the headlines, it appears the only one that did not make headlines in the post COVID rage epidemic, I believe ever since the Dr. Dao incident they try their best to deescalate situations to avoid a repeat of bad publicity at all costs. Ironically as they are still a rather grumpy union airline.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 03-15-2022 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies