Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 05:46 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't support either party at all. But I see this as mid terms coming up. The GOP is worried that this Ukraine situation is going to help the Dems who otherwise seem to be on very shaky ground. So they have to blast Biden no matter what he does. Politics. A big reason why I don't support either party. Too many games.

Hmmm.... Democrats weren't also calling for a stop to Russian oil?

The WaPo doesn't consistently "sing to the choir" and find ways to blame or discredit Republicans?

Gas prices were already much higher weeks before Russia invaded, and it wasn't even because they were "massing troops at the border".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Is this thread ignorance or stupidity or disingenuous?
oh, he was only linking an Op-Ed from the WaPo.

The author, Dana Milbank:

Quote:
Dana Milbank is an opinion columnist for The Washington Post. He sketches the foolish, the fallacious and the felonious in politics.
if you have a WaPo subscription, you can read all his words of wisdom which somehow are all about finding fault with Republicans
https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/dana-milbank/

Old 03-12-2022, 05:54 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Biden is NOT doing anything at the Pleas of Republicans... nobody is stupid enough to believe that.

I don't blame Biden for all our woes, but right now we are in a **** storm and he is driving the ship so own it or get out of the drivers seat. It's one thing to be a bad leader, its a whole other thing to blame your poor leadership on others!
Correct, if you want whoever is in charge of this administration to do something, then have Trump say they shouldn't do it, that would guarantee it to be done. Conversely, if you don't want whoever is in charge of this Weekend at Bernie's show Presidnecy to do something, then have Trump say they should.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:10 AM

25,725 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Huge propaganda piece right here ^^^

"Bidens energy policies have no impact upon the price of gas today" is at the heart of this lie.

Prices today are not only impacted by costs today, but cost incurred in the past, and expected costs of the future.

-If a company/industry lost $ due to a pandemic, they might increase prices afterwards to recoup some of those losses.

-If a company sees their future output/supply being constrained, they may increase pricing today to build cash reserves to get them through the pending shortage.

This is why gas prices have risen since Joe Biden took office. This is what the propaganda machine doesn't want voters to know, so they manipulate minds instead, with propaganda like you see linked above.

The media constantly exploits American's knowlege gaps in this manner. Its like robbing an old lady in a wheelchair...its taking advantage of another person's vulnerabilities, & it is evil.

My education (MBA) & business experience (at 3 Fortune 500's, & current biz owner) unveils to me, these sinister lies being told.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Defiant L's on Twitter - a "must follow" account. Heck, I'd love for one of the libs to tell us the R equivalent.

It's always politicians playing politics. But again, I'm pretty sure the Dems were calling for an end to Russian oil.

To me, it's really simple, though the Dems like to call it (white) nationalist:

The US should be "independent" on critical supplies as much as possible.

Energy
Medicine - now as we've seen including PPP
Computing components
Defense ... imagine being a "normal" European right now and knowing your country has 2 options - beg the US or capitulate to Russia

Old 03-12-2022, 06:20 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
"For days, Republicans called for a ban on imports of Russian oil,"

What took him so long?

Then again, this is from the wash post!

Which we cannot verify what the (obviously biased) article says without subscribing.

No thanks!

Old 03-12-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't support either party at all. But I see this as mid terms coming up. The GOP is worried that this Ukraine situation is going to help the Dems who otherwise seem to be on very shaky ground. So they have to blast Biden no matter what he does. Politics. A big reason why I don't support either party. Too many games.
"The GOP is worried that this Ukraine situation is going to help the Dems"

Whatever you are drinking, STOP!!!!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-12-2022 at 07:04 AM..

Old 03-12-2022, 06:25 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Funny to watch Dems squirm and try to cover for Biden's incompetence and ignorance. They lie and make up stories to try to cover for him...all while apparently thinking that those they are trying to convince are as dumb as they are. It's like they try to alter reality and pretend that fuel prices haven't been going up for the last year, and just started 2 weeks ago. It ain't Putin harming this country, it's Biden.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:27 AM

1,810 posts, read 899,421 times
Quote:
You’ll just believe every bit of fake news that’s pumped out.

Old 03-12-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
OP is right - Republicans keep complaining about Biden's handling of the Ukraine situation, but I have yet to hear one offer a better solution. They say Biden is weak and not tough enough on Putin, yet none of them seem to eager for us to get into a war with Russia. They want him to stop the buying of Russian oil, yet are not willing to accept the sacrifice that comes with that decision.
"but I have yet to hear one offer a better solution."

Where do you get your "news"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies