Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 04:11 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
CGI or Deepfake technology can be used for propaganda purposes by either side. Zelensky could be in Poland, or dead, or in Kiev. And it is impossible to prove by merely supplying doctored videos.
Stop it. This is dumb. How do you sleep?

Old 03-12-2022, 04:13 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Stop it. This is dumb. How do you sleep?
LOL what? It is right on point. We really don't know what is happening right now except in broad strokes. Everything needs to be carefully considered.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:18 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Thanks for sharing that video. I've been thinking he is an idiot.

Well, I think the intent of the thread was not to compare to Putin.

But indirectly, I have heard comments from people that try to say points like
1. You can't trust the news, referring to the MSM.
They think the MSM at least in the US is glorifying Zelensky as a hero. I haven't seen that at least from the news briefs. Typically the MSM news is just reporting what's happening in Ukraine with the civilians.
2. Biden (or The West), Zelensky (or Ukraine) are at fault, Neo Nazis in Ukraine, but equating it or not heavy criticism of Putin for the actual invasion and war.
What would you do if you were the leader of a peaceful country and madman Adolph Putin suddenly invaded your country killing innocents for no real reason?

A good leader would FIGHT BACK which hero Volodymyr Zelenskyy and the Ukranian people are doing!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volodymyr_Zelenskyy

Old 03-12-2022, 04:22 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He is a true leader, of that there is no question, whether his decision to fight against overwhelming odds is wise or foolish is another matter. So far it seems his people think it’s the thing to do. Our nation, for those who have forgotten, arose because of people with the same stubborn insistence of determining the type of nation they would live in, regardless of the cost.
I heard it said, earlier in the war, that he is the Ukraine's George Washington.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:29 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
As long as the Nazi Left Cancellers support him, I'll think he's an idiot that will do what they tell him.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:35 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
This is a joke right? Russia's military has turned out to be a paper tiger, a complete sham. Without nuclear weapons not even a top five military power.

US
China
UK
France
Korea
Maybe then Russia based on numbers only. Not professionalism or ability.
Without nukes I would also put Israel, Japan, Germany and Italy above Russia

Old 03-12-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Russia occupying Ukraine will be much harder...may be a repeat of Afghanistan for Adolph Putin.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/occupyi...to-11647014726
If it turns out Russia's military is a joke and Ukraine wins -- great. But lets wait and see before we declare victory.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Relying on a society of europeans and americans that only have their best interests in mind while thinking he can go up against the 2nd strongest army in the world and thinking he can repel them back while begging for help from these selfish countries? You have to question the man's mindset when he makes videos of "Hey this is where I am, come and get me". Meanwhile he wants his rag tag little country to take up arms and defend against a country that wipe him off the map in 2 seconds if they wish
Fact is Ukraine got the shaft from the United States and Russia. Fact is Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons with the agreement that the United States and Russia would not invade and they would stay an independent country.

The United States and Russia did not hold up to their agreement. Now the United States refuses to give the Migs and long range missiles to take out the planes . They are being held up by NATO.

Biden has no guts , it is easy to see. Frozen in fear by Putin. It makes me sick . We are suppose to be strong and we look like sissy weaklings . Add this to the Afghanistan withdrawal we are not the great humanitarian country we used to be. We can't even supply Ukraine with weapons.

Biden will allow Russia to keep marching until we are in World War III. Putin is getting bolder and he will think he is the king of the universe with everyone afraid to make a wrong move to upset Putin. Biden is a damn coward . He would rather lie down and let Putin walk all over him so Putin will remember that and the next three years we will be under the threat of Putin with weakling Biden running this country into the ground with his EV's.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fact is Ukraine got the shaft from the United States and Russia. Fact is Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons with the agreement that the United States and Russia would not invade and they would stay an independent country. .
They were dummies. But I am not starting WWIII for them. Sorry.

If you want to fight -- head on over.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:07 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fact is Ukraine got the shaft from the United States and Russia. Fact is Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons with the agreement that the United States and Russia would not invade and they would stay an independent country.

The United States and Russia did not hold up to their agreement. Now the United States refuses to give the Migs and long range missiles to take out the planes . They are being held up by NATO.

Biden has no guts , it is easy to see. Frozen in fear by Putin. It makes me sick . We are suppose to be strong and we look like sissy weaklings . Add this to the Afghanistan withdrawal we are not the great humanitarian country we used to be. We can't even supply Ukraine with weapons.

Biden will allow Russia to keep marching until we are in World War III. Putin is getting bolder and he will think he is the king of the universe with everyone afraid to make a wrong move to upset Putin. Biden is a damn coward . He would rather lie down and let Putin walk all over him so Putin will remember that and the next three years we will be under the threat of Putin with weakling Biden running this country into the ground with his EV's.
Gee, when did the USA agree to be an ally in this conflict? We made Zero decision to fight their war. Get over this blame game. Our country is keeping at arms length. As well we should.
Your bias distain is evident. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies