Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 02:05 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,437,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Just as there's no "Don't say Gay" bill.
As we previously discussed, the bill is so vague there is no way to know if the bill means don't say gay until we see how it is implemented. It certainly can be interpreted that way. I believe it is intentionally vague so parents can weaponize it to mean don't say gay. I also think it may ultimately be struck down by a court because of that vagueness.

Putting that aside, people give nick names to bills all the time. Even legislators themselves do it.

Were you bothered by people calling the Affordable Care Act(or its longer official name I dont remember) Obamacare as a pejorative?

Does it bother you that the Texas Legislature falsely call their 6 week restriction on abortion law the Heartbeat bill to play on people's emotions even though there is no heartbeat involved....and only cardiac activity and noise from medical equipment that sounds like a heartbeat?

Old 03-17-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
DeSantis is just starting his national campaign and this is the first opinion fluff piece. DeSantis runs for re-election this year but it will be a National Campaign primarily so be prepared to see more of whatever this is.

Notice how this was aimed at Trump indirectly. Here is one example but there are several.

The primary campaign is starting already, jeez.
Yep.

And stupid DeSantis calling voters and teachers who vote "groomers"

He must have forgotten how well it worked for Hillary Clinton to call republican voters "deplorables"

Too stupid for words........both of them.

Old 03-17-2022, 02:28 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Then why does this legislation make you so angry?

It’s the same as the critical race theory lunacy….if you don’t think it’s being taught in schools, why do you care if there are laws that outlaw it?
Because of the message it sends.
It’s anti LGBTQ. It’s anti a child asking questions. It’s anti education and it’s anti free speech. Nobody is doing this in any lower class Fl schools to enact a law against it. It’s grandstanding and fear mongering . He is going after the schools and kids with many bills.

Old 03-17-2022, 02:33 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Are you for real? You're insulting me because I didn't respond to some post in another thread that I didn't see and/or didn't feel like responding to?

Newsflash: I am not here to do as you wish I would. Talk about narcism ...

It is an "Anti-Grooming" bill. I know it upsets you to hear that. NMP. /shrug/
She was talking about OldHag’s post which was a response directed at blondy yet blondy never responded to OH. This bill is getting their knickers in a twist.

Old 03-17-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Because of the message it sends.
It’s anti LGBTQ. It’s anti a child asking questions. It’s anti education and it’s anti free speech. Nobody is doing this in any lower class Fl schools to enact a law against it. It’s grandstanding and fear mongering . He is going after the schools and kids with many bills.
Exactly and the only reason he's doing it is to use children and parental fears republicans are intentionally drumming up to win votes.

These are not real widespread problems.

A real problem is that about 50% of FL children are not ready for Kindergarten when they show up. Lets see some legislation to address that instead of all the bogus legislation which is nothing more than red meat for his base.

Old 03-17-2022, 02:42 PM

1,517 posts, read 540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Because an anti grooming bill is going to STOP an adult who wants to groom a child..

Seriously?? Is DeSantis going to pop out of a box and say "HEY I made that illegal!"

This bill does NOTHING. Not one teacher in FL talks to kids about sex at that age. You would be immediately dismissed.

The law does indeed accomplish something! It accomplishes 3 things:

1) tries to paint the GOP as the party of the moral majority so evangelicals won't leave the party when a moron like Trump is in charge.

2) Creates a wedge issue for the GOP to fund raise and campaign on.

3) Creates fear with the voting base, particularly suburban mothers. Because as you know when the aren't indoctrinating child on sexuality they are teaching CRT.

Old 03-17-2022, 03:12 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Physically, yes. Mentally is a bit different especially with gender dysphoria. Just look at the John Money experiment on David Reimer. Reimer lost his gentalia due to a bad circumcism at seven months old. John Money was one of the leading intersex doctors at the time at John Hopkins. Money has the now controversial belief that gender identity developed primarily as a result of social learning from early childhood and that it could be changed with the appropriate behavioural interventions. Something we see a lot in media where if a boy plays with Barbie dolls (other than depantsing her), we give them a gun or stick them shotgun in their daddy's pick-up or sports car with the windows down. Money suggested to David's parents that David become a woman. David became Brenda at 22 months old and was socially changed. Brenda at age 13 when she was on estrogen to devlope breasts became suicidal, largely because genetically Brenda was male and given estrogen to store fat. Brenda was 14 when his parents told him about the surgery, Brenda was alive 12 years without knowing she was born a he. As Brenda became David never felt female though physically he was seen as one from age 2 to about 14.
This story is not applicable in this at all in any way.

Old 03-17-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
She was talking about OldHag’s post which was a response directed at blondy yet blondy never responded to OH. This bill is getting their knickers in a twist.
Partially correct.

I did in fact respond to OldHags post that I referenced.

Maybe you confused it with her last post to me which I have not yet responded to because I have been looking at reporting about what she posted.

Definitely you are confused that my knickers are in a twist

Old 03-17-2022, 03:23 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Exactly and the only reason he's doing it is to use children and parental fears republicans are intentionally drumming up to win votes.

These are not real widespread problems.

A real problem is that about 50% of FL children are not ready for Kindergarten when they show up. Lets see some legislation to address that instead of all the bogus legislation which is nothing more than red meat for his base.

It's not anti-gay! There's nothing in that bill that says "don't say gay!" This bill is to continue protecting kids ages 3 - 7 from having their teachers GROOM THEM (sorry, your feelings are irrelevant because that's exactly what they're doing) about sexual identity, gender preference, and learning about sex.

You're just as disgusting as TinyTrump. The fact that you're so upset over DeSantis looking out for innocent children as well the parents really says a lot about you. And as someone who has friends in Florida, I can assure you that DeSantis has worked his ass off to help improve the education Florida residents get. My friends have nothing but positive things to say about the schools their kids go to.

You can stand with Tiny behind the red line that says "people who should not be allowed half an inch near children, or in the same vicinity." Disgusting!

Old 03-17-2022, 03:23 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That's the really really incredible issue here. Why are people UPSET by this? It protects kids.

Don't they want kids to be protected?

Wouldn't they want any teacher that did this to be arrested?

So why are they AGAINST it???
unless you're talking about actual grooming, a teacher isn't going to be arrested if they "violate" the Parents Responsibility Act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies