Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 09:36 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,688,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, it has been pointed out by many people that the truly wealthy don't care how high gas and food prices go. It is only the bottom 98% who have anything to worry about, and it is obvious that the very wealthy don't care at all about those people (us). Anyone who believes otherwise is ignorant, stupid, and/or gullible, imo.
Because the wealthy, especially those running our government today, bought stocks and investments in foreign oil, EV, windmills etc. then passed laws to increase their bounty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 09:40 AM

24,037 posts, read 15,144,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not me. I've been voting Libertarian since 2000. And that is because I want to see a third party rise and get 5% and shake the crap out of D's and R's.
Ross Perot got nearly 20% and that didn't put fear in them. It will take a lot more than that. Samantha Bee did 2 programs from the Libertarian national convention in 2016. It showed even if elected they couldn't do anything.

It's gonna take one congressional district a a time so they have enough clout to make i difference in the house to get the attention of the national parties. As long as the voters in both the Rs and Ds continue their childish, but mom he did it first blame game nothing will change.

This grassroots my team can do no wrong and yours can do not right is a winning hand for both parties

Old 03-14-2022, 09:41 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,223,271 times
Quote:
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
Still means something to me...sounds like it does to many of you too.

Quote:
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
But when something like this happens, what will the "establishment" think?

Old 03-14-2022, 09:44 AM

1,838 posts, read 681,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Believe you me the Democrats are worried about the mid terms. They are going to take a shellacking. Same would be true if the circumstances were the same and the Republicans were in power.
I'm not sure the Democrats care about the mid-terms. They sometimes play the let's do something stupid and not strategic.

Back in 2018, they staged a big dramatic push for Christine Blasey Ford to testify for the Kavanaugh hearing and it backfired. The Democrats lost 2 seats in the Senate later that year. Maybe Heidi Heitkamp would be kept her seat had she not been put up to a controversial vote, but nonetheless, there was no upside for the Democrats. They can't accept they didn't have the numbers in the Senate to stop his confirmation, nor proof for Ford to persuade other Republicans.

Now, the Democrats could drop all vaccine mandates, even quietly. Doing so, they would end some of their government overreach, Dr. Oz wouldn't have a platform, and they might be able to win the PA Senate seat and keep at least the Senate.

However, vax mandates have become polarized. There are many pro-vaccine people that would be turned off with a removal of the vaccine mandate, but I think the removal would still be welcomed by most.

I don't think the Democrats can do a whole lot to lower gas prices or curb inflation so easily, but at least a few changes like dropping vax mandates, dropping off the CDC/Fauci focus, would be easier to do before the mid-terms.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:48 AM

17,475 posts, read 9,302,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Its really pissing me off too.. ...they are blatantly trashing our country right infront of our eyes and stealing away our rights of retaliation with a big grin and smile on their face while tricking the masses into thinking they're doing this for the good of the people.
The DNC just had their big meeting in Washington to plan Strategy for the Mid-Terms.
Strategy is : MORE of the same.

The Democrats held a Democratic National Committee general session in Washington, D.C., on Saturday. Both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were in attendance. It’s the first time they’ve had such a meeting in person since the pandemic hit.

Biden was pitching a lie — that the Democrats “brought the economy back.”

KAMALA: "Our task is to show people that in many ways they got what they ordered...they said this is what they wanted...so let's get out there as we do and remind them of that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
One of my factors in voting used to be how experienced someone was. That won't be the case anymore, experience isn't equalling better for the general public.
I look at Experience, particularly in Foreign Policy. It’s not wrong to do that.
The Trick to it to actually do a really good investigation into what that experience (and it’s results) actually are. Biden has longevity in poor decisions. Experience in years in office doesn’t mean much when the decisions were all bad.

Quote:
Not me. I've been voting Libertarian since 2000. And that is because I want to see a third party rise and get 5% and shake the crap out of D's and R's.
It will never work. The only way for change is from within the Parties. A third Party vote just enriches one of the two existing Parties. We don’t have a Parliamentary System where a minority party has any power at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
What's really annoying is the tools who are pretending to believe the lies because they don't want to admit that Brandon has been a disaster.
I often wonder how these people can be that delusional and literally ignore the world around them.
I’ve known people who were unable to ever say - “I’m sorry” or “I was wrong” but this never ending lack of acknowledgement of serious problems is really astounding.

Old 03-14-2022, 10:14 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,769,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Because the wealthy, especially those running our government today, bought stocks and investments in foreign oil, EV, windmills etc. then passed laws to increase their bounty.
You’ve got that right! Always follow the money.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:08 AM

10,250 posts, read 15,966,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
telling us that this is the price of freedom that “we” have to pay. These rich who are capitalizing on what’s going on in Ukrainiaun while we, meaning the 99%, are feeling the pain. This through high gas prices and ever growing grocery prices.
“We” means 2 different things to the 0.1%, the MIC, big oil, big banks, big pharma, and the MSM and the rest of us.
Bezos needs another spaceship..
"Big oil" isn't the enemy here, its about the radical left and Democrats in the government who purposely want gas to be expensive so people will be socially engineered into being smaller and electric cars and changing our lifestyle where we live in crowded cities and take buses and trains to work instead of driving our own cars, and living in small apartments rather than large homes like with the traditional American Dream. The media will never tell you about how Sleepy Joe increased the permitting fees on existing oil leases and THAT is the reason there are lots of unused oil leases that aren't being drilled on currently.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:39 AM

25,919 posts, read 12,943,406 times
Quote:
The government is not here to serve us anymore.

We seem to exist to serve the government because they have a mind of their own these days.
We're losing folks; we're losing out to the machine that is in DC. Both parties)
I agree 100% ^^^

Yet, some of you keep electing the same Federal elite rulers back into power over & over again, until they die.

Pelosi, Shumer, McConnell, Biden, Leahy, Grassly, Hoyer, Durbin Shelby, Markey, & on & on & on.

To see how you are enabling them to own you, look at this list, & focus upon the years in office, & the "reason for leaving" columns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ity_of_service

STOP voting for these corrupt, greedy, slavemasters! The longer they are there, the more corrupt they are.

I can honestly say I've never voted for ANY of these lifelong DC parasites on either list (House or Senate).

Can you say the same?

Old 03-15-2022, 06:48 AM

8,640 posts, read 9,158,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Maybe we should retain the right to fire unelected bureaucrats and elected politicians at will?
Agree, but I suspect its not as easy as it sounds. I used to work for a quasi federal agency (NAS), plenty of union support and many of these top bureaucrats are well connected and not only think they are entitled but are entitled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies