Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 07:09 AM

24,324 posts, read 17,065,160 times

Advertisements

Both parties are full of politicians that push for their pet projects that are often full of pork. This is what being a member of Congress is all about because they are beholden to their state and securing funds for projects etc...

Both parties are all about spending money and it was Trump who was more of a business man than a politician that tried to reign in the waste and that is part of why he was hated by the Dems and half of the Reps.

What really gets me is how the Dems like to spend our tax dollars. Do we really need to spend tens of millions of dollars on Gender studies in Pakistan? We spend hundreds of millions of dollars to prop up foreign countries that do little for us in return, Why? Biden has already pledged Billions to aide Ukraine in their rebuild?

Both parties spend like there is no tomorrow. What we need is another business man in office but more so the spendthrift ways of our elected needs to change. Don't hold your breath because they will only print more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 07:11 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,676,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I might have agreed with the title of this thread even 15 years ago when it was the Republicans who wanted more and more funding for the military, while the Democrats wanted more money for welfare programs.

Now, however, I cannot think of anything the Republicans want to spend boatloads of money on unless it is for immigration issues -- and "The Wall" (even though, from what I have gathered, most Republicans are actually no longer in favor of that).

Of course I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that if the Republicans take over the House in 2022, the budget might very possibly be reduced in many areas.
All just went along with 13.6 billion for Ukraine. They are all complicit with rare exceptions.

Old 03-14-2022, 01:03 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
I admit it, readily. I've said it dozens of times on this forum before - they all want to spend your money, they just want to spend it on different stuff.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:06 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Ronald friggin Reagan is the one who started this trash policy of running federal deficits. Neither party has any credibility on running this country. GOP just happens to talk about it every 4 years when it comes for election time.
actually we have been running deficits for 100 years

Old 03-14-2022, 02:10 PM

5,973 posts, read 2,214,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I might have agreed with the title of this thread even 15 years ago when it was the Republicans who wanted more and more funding for the military, while the Democrats wanted more money for welfare programs.

Now, however, I cannot think of anything the Republicans want to spend boatloads of money on unless it is for immigration issues -- and "The Wall" (even though, from what I have gathered, most Republicans are actually no longer in favor of that).

Of course, I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that if the Republicans take over the House in 2022, the budget might very possibly be reduced in many areas.
Why do you keep falling for their empty words, just watch the budgets when Republicans are in charge. What do you see? No change from when Democrats are in charge.

There is no incentive to change the current system from either party. Most get re-elected without a challenge so in the eyes of the politicians they are doing exactly what you want.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:10 PM

8,093 posts, read 6,717,343 times
I think that it’s good that the country is going down so rapidly. Maybe it will shock Americans into doing something about it. We voted for Trump so there is hope that people can think outside the box.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:14 PM

19,140 posts, read 16,970,121 times
The elected officials in office and I don't mean the President need to do their job and come up with a budget already. These knee jerk extensions are doing nothing but causing more money to be wasted over their ineptitude, both sides are at fault and both sides need to do what's expected of them already.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:16 PM

13,564 posts, read 4,871,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

Republicans tend to spent more wisely and on more useful things that contribute to the economy. Trump’s years of a strong economy is proof (2020 pandemic economic lockdown driven by Democrat governors to hurt Trump notwithstanding).
"Trump's years of a strong economy" were inherited from Obama. Nothing a president does can impact the economy within a couple of years.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:18 PM

956 posts, read 506,263 times
I agree to some extent, but a very very conservative republican would be the answer to those issues.

Someone like Ron Paul who wants to bring back gold standard and I assume would also want to get deficit under control as such.

Or maybe Ted Cruz who is very conservative.

I am sure there are others, but do not know of them nor can think of them.

Anyone else more of the same including Rubio Romey or Kasich.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:18 PM

585 posts, read 223,246 times
Neither party cares about fiscal responsibility. Its a never ending spending contest every time the other party regains control. Our governments have become so incredibly large at almost every city, state and federal level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies