Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 10:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It took a Police taser to subdue the girl.

No arrests were made despite the video of the book bag containing a loaded firearm had been passed between students. What’s up with that?
I fully believe there are posters here who want schools to be the most dangerous places in the US. And their posts ALWAYS reflect that agenda, whether it's emotional, mental, sexual, or physical damage being done to these kids.

In a situation like this for those posters... the police with tasers ready because she was so violent ... should've just handed her the backpack and sent her on her way. You know, so as not to stress her out, poor thing. /sarcasm/ maybe give her an A on her report card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 11:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It took a Police taser to subdue the girl.

No arrests were made despite the video of the book bag containing a loaded firearm had been passed between students. What’s up with that?
I don't believe the girl was tased. There was an officer on duty in the room, as well as other administrators, and he had lowered his taser by the time she was grabbed by Mr. Miller.

And she was arrested.

So from what I can tell, both your observations appear to be incorrect.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-female.html

Old 03-14-2022, 11:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Mr. Miller’s conduct resulted in a school NOT in crisis".
Yep...

have to really wonder why he was punished for this too...(what does that imply about the school?!!...they would rather have seen a school shooting rather than a teacher restrain the gunman? Hmm)

Old 03-14-2022, 11:21 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't believe the girl was tased. There was an officer on duty in the room, as well as other administrators, and he had lowered his taser by the time she was grabbed by Mr. Miller.

And she was arrested.

So from what I can tell, both your observations appear to be incorrect.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-female.html
What observation did I make that you deem incorrect? Do tell. I said police with tasers "ready"... are you claiming you don't see that taser in the cop's hand in the video?

Are you upset she was arrested? Should've let her loose in the school with her gun?

Sick.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:23 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
There is 0 reason I can think of to go into education. It does not matter if you lean Republican or Democrat, both sides are making it impossible to just do your job as a teacher.

I think within the next 20 years the US will have a severe shortage of teachers to the point that some counties across the country and in both Red and Blue areas will have temporary closures due to insufficient staff. Or stuff glorified babysitters step in as sub teachers into the class just to have an adult body in the room but no real educating happening.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:43 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep...

have to really wonder why he was punished for this too...(what does that imply about the school?!!...they would rather have seen a school shooting rather than a teacher restrain the gunman? Hmm)
Explained in post #22 with link to local news coverage that explained the situation differently than world nut daily.

Old 03-14-2022, 12:41 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Mr Miller made the administration look bad by not doing their job to properly police the students so they came down on Miller as retribution. Politics and power trips. Always the same tired old story.

Old 03-14-2022, 12:53 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
me, after reading the OP -- "Something tells me there's more to tis story that what is being posted."

after reading entire thread -- "Yep, like I said..."

Old 03-14-2022, 01:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What observation did I make that you deem incorrect? Do tell. I said police with tasers "ready"... are you claiming you don't see that taser in the cop's hand in the video?

Are you upset she was arrested? Should've let her loose in the school with her gun?

Sick.
I wasn't responding to you.

Pay attention.

Old 03-14-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
me, after reading the OP -- "Something tells me there's more to tis story that what is being posted."

after reading entire thread -- "Yep, like I said..."
Haha that's a version of my thought process.

"Hm, that doesn't seem likely".

As usual, if something doesn't seem "likely", it's not completely true.

Both the teacher, and the reporter of this article have attempted to completely twist the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies