Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 11:23 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
That's bound to happen when you crowd animals together in unsanitary conditions especially when they become genetically similar through generations of breeding. Not much to do to avoid it besides ride out the waves and deal with the rising prices. Many speculate a similar fate at some point for the cavendish banana.

Nature tends to punish homogenity in the long run. My father gave up chicken because of the book "how not to die" .... These days we stick with beef and I'm looking into buying quarter cows locally rather than deal with industrial farming. Factory farms where one animal eats the poop of another are becoming popular in China especially.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/cons...ry?id=17491264

Half the meat in my diet has been replaced with plant based. Found some delicious black bean burgers at Costco last month. Who knew they could be so good.
Bird flu flies all around the world with highly diverse, well-evolved flocks of migratory birds.

It is contact between these migrating flocks and commercial poultry operations that allows the disease into the hen house.

I expect free range chickens are disproportionately infected because they go where the wild birds go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 11:26 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Bird flu flies all around the world with highly diverse, well-evolved flocks of migratory birds.

It is contact between these migrating flocks and commercial poultry operations that allows the disease into the hen house.

I expect free range chickens are disproportionately infected because they go where the wild birds go.
i agree. they're far more likely to encounter wild goose poop.

https://www.ketv.com/article/nebrask...ncoln/39357806

Old 03-15-2022, 11:58 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,784,958 times
Avian flu doesn't just pose a threat to chickens raised for meat, although sick birds being consumed is a scary thought, but eagles are now coming down with avian flu as well.

One of the eagle cams I was viewing, two of the eaglets suffered a seizure and fell from their nest and died. After testing, it was found they tested positive for avian bird flu, this could be really devastating to our raptor population.

The nest was located in South Carolina called the Hilton Head Land Trust eagle nest. Both parents seem to be okay.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Called it!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post62694937

Thread Title: Fauci says covid will infect "just about everybody"...regardless of vaccination status

My post:

01-13-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

...don't worry - this is all for show. Mid-terms are coming up.

Give it time. They'll come up with something else.

Maybe the bird flu...

Guaranteed, this isn't over...especially if they win.

Then, the real ish hits the fan.
These people are too predictable.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:58 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Overpopulation is the cause of these pathogens taking out animals and now circulating among humans.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:01 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Called it!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post62694937

Thread Title: Fauci says covid will infect "just about everybody"...regardless of vaccination status

My post:

01-13-2022, 02:56 PM

These people are too predictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Overpopulation is the cause of these pathogens taking out animals and now circulating among humans.
it's not in humans. yet.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:08 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's not in humans. yet.
But the way we are evolving it's just a matter of time.

Covid jumped to over 30 different species in 2 years...that's a first. All mammals.
Normally it's just 1 jump.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's not in humans. yet.
I didn't say it was in humans. I said that they would try something else. As many uneducated people as we have, telling them 'many birds are contracting bird flu' is enough to scare the crap out of these people. As it stands, believe it or not, a lot of people are already scared of birds...now, they have to deal with sick birds?

The last 2 years should have shown you that people will panic over anything.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:10 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Are we ready for soylent green yet?

Old 03-15-2022, 05:11 PM

2,658 posts, read 1,180,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No doubt this isn't being helped by free range chickens being a thing.
Ok I know I don't know everything but isn't being free range better? I though when they free range they are not stuck inside the coup trudging through mud and chicken crap. Close, confined living conditions I though is how it makes them sick or at least spreads it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I tend to think more room and fresh air with fresh organic feed makes for a healthier chicken and healthier eggs.

What am I missing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies